The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 57)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    I really want Leona Lewis to represent UK 2015. Huge fan of her.
    They could win with her but I understand she's about to restart her career with Island Records, after leaving Simon Cowell so she can't risk a flop on Eurovision.
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mikay wrote: »
    I could have sworn I entered the Fantasy ESC last year or the year before...
    In fact I remember exactly which song it was, but there's no record of it on the Wiki.. hmm, maybe it was like preliminary stages or something? Or maybe I forgot to vote and was disqualified?

In two minds whether to enter this year, although I will only be able to be around for the next month or two..

I've just checked the DS Ultimate spreadsheets for 2011-2012, 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 and you're not on there at all :( How is that even possible?!
    Jaccobabe wrote: »
    Im. Back. ESC in cph was great as always. Many parties loads of people and s lot of fun.

Now in Kiev, Weather amazing. Back home tomorrow :(

Welcome back at last!
  • MikayMikay Posts: 10,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    I've just checked the DS Ultimate spreadsheets for 2011-2012, 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 and you're not on there at all :( How is that even possible?!

I just checked my PMs and I entered one song in a semi final in June 2012. And I did vote lol.
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could have sworn I entered the Fantasy ESC last year or the year before...
    In fact I remember exactly which song it was, but there's no record of it on the Wiki.. hmm, maybe it was like preliminary stages or something? Or maybe I forgot to vote and was disqualified?

In two minds whether to enter this year, although I will only be able to be around for the next month or two..
    I could have sworn you did! Which song are you thinking of?

Oh, and when weedy returns with his magic book of dates - I'm up for hosting at some point this summer (a non Fantasy contest). I had some ideas for contests a while back, so I'll make my mind up closer to the time. :)
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah can I host 'Best Underrated Entry' at some point please? :kitty:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh, I can't wait for that! I have my entry picked out already
    It's going to be crucified :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pandora. wrote: »
    I could have sworn you did! Which song are you thinking of?

http://youtu.be/NIIDr0HlGeE
    I entered this and if I remember correctly, no one voted for it hahaha
  • CuishlaCuishla Posts: 16,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://youtu.be/NIIDr0HlGeE
    I entered this and if I remember correctly, no one voted for it hahaha

That one was entered by you on a "Your Country Needs You" contest on this forum in 2012.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=58646023&postcount=109
  • portugalportugal Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaccobabe wrote: »
    Im. Back. ESC in cph was great as always. Many parties loads of people and s lot of fun.

Now in Kiev, Weather amazing. Back home tomorrow :(

Who are ya? ;-)
  • portugalportugal Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have we ever had a Best Song From A Country Never To Have Won?

Some also mentioned a non-Eurovision round of Best Song Under 2:30 which could be fun.

It would be like the best of Portugal! :D
  • JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »

Welcome back at last!
    portugal wrote: »
    Who are ya? ;-)

Yeah its been a While. Will try to be he a bit more frequent form now. Not gonna go through 2 million posts so Will just assume i Didnt really miss anything...
  • kobiashimaruxkobiashimarux Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    Ooh just checked the lists and i have some song doozy's that are on there so i shall enter. How many songs can we enter?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh just checked the lists and i have some song doozy's that are on there so i shall enter. How many songs can we enter?

Just one!
    Forum Member
    phill363 wrote: »
    Welcome to Fantasy Eurovision 2014 over the course of the next 6 months we will whittle down hundreds of songs to find the best song of 2014.

We kick off with heat 1 in Birkenhead at the Cammell Lairds ship building yard in the submarine building hall which for the next 2 weeks will play host to our contest

The rules for the contest are as usual you can enter any song as long as its not been used before or been in ESC or an NF, please consult the wiki for list of songs already taken from 2010-2013
    http://dsfantasyesc.wikia.com/wiki/DS_Fantasy_ESC_Wiki

Please only enter if you intend to vote as any none voters will have their points reduced by a 3rd and will be excluded from the next fantasy contest.

Good luck and let the PM's commence :)

Okay i Pm'ed you but i sent a few. Just take the first one i sent you and ignore the rest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member

Charlotte Perrelli - Hero
    Kati Wolf - What About My Dreams
    Getter Jaani - Rockefeller Street

PLEASE
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Will use the word people don't like

(Fanwank Edition) :D
  • stanld03stanld03 Posts: 2,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luuk wrote: »
    Charlotte Perrelli - Hero
    Kati Wolf - What About My Dreams
    Getter Jaani - Rockefeller Street

I would say they were all overrated.

p.s. depends if we're meaning according to the polls/fans, or votes on the night.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stanld03 wrote: »
    I would say they were all overrated.

p.s. depends if we're meaning according to the polls/fans, or votes on the night.

I was thinking about basing it on the OGAE fan vote, basically any song which had come in the top 3 (or maybe top 5?) of the OGAE Pre-Eurovision Poll since 2007 would be ineligible to enter. So that would mean no fanwank :)

What does everyone think to that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking about basing it on the OGAE fan vote, basically any song which had come in the top 3 (or maybe top 5?) of the OGAE Pre-Eurovision Poll since 2007 would be ineligible to enter. So that would mean no fanwank :)

What does everyone think to that?
    I'm up for that! It's your contest really, and if you know how you want to run it then go for it :)

I'd like to host a Best Studio Version (AKA best song ruined by live version) if we haven't done that before? I think the entry I originally chose for Underrated might suit it better...
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pandora. wrote: »
    I'm up for that! It's your contest really, and if you know how you want to run it then go for it :)

I'd like to host a Best Studio Version (AKA best song ruined by live version) if we haven't done that before? I think the entry I originally chose for Underrated might suit it better...

We did that last year but theres always room for more

The following people have had an entry accepted
    21stCenturyBoy
    avb
    BBAnne
    big bro geek
    Chickens hit
    ESC Ross
    EuanDesu
    gottago
    Jaccobabe
    Jem Casper
    kvn
    Lisa.B
    NancyS
    nick1990
    NightFox_Dancer
    nunaney
    Pandora.
    penguinperson
    Phill363
    Portugal
    spindiddly
    stanld03
    subZER0
    thms
  • nunaneynunaney Posts: 1,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have we done "Most Boring Entry" yet? But that would probably put everyone to sleep. How about the Cutest Entry? :D
  • spindiddlyspindiddly Posts: 4,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has there been a Worst Song To Finish In The Top 5? That could be interesting perhaps?
  • WilkimaniaWilkimania Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So let me get this straight I can pick any song from any country as long as said song has never been used before as some voters look down on that. So I can pick a different song from a used artist and that's fine...In other words, I think I have my song :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cuishla wrote: »
    That one was entered by you on a "Your Country Needs You" contest on this forum in 2012.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=58646023&postcount=109

Aah, that makes sense. Although it doesn't really, I'm so confused by all the different Fantasy games, hah!

I think I have whittled it down to a couple of songs.
    In general do songs of longer length get marked down? I have one in contention that is 6.30.. errr... lol!
    Forum Member
    pm'ed with update Phil
This discussion has been closed.