Any of you have CoPilot Live Premium UK

Its a snip at £19.99 for christmas whereas Tom Tom UK is £39.99

Any of you guys have this?

Comments

• chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have it, and it's very good.
    i used it for 2 months whilst driving about the UK in a van and it worked fine.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When did it go up?

I only paid £19.99 for it a few months ago. Anyhow it is worth the money even if it's only useful for a year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bought it about 2 years ago, never used it.
    I just use Google Navigation or NavFree (both free), can't find TomTom on the Market but why would people pay when there's free ones that do the same?
  • call100call100 Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    I use the stock, free, navigation and it hasn't let me down yet.....
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've used co-pilot on my tablet which does not always have a 3G connection and its OK. But if you have a data plan then you google navigation is probably the best navigation out there.
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmace wrote: »
    why would people pay when there's free ones that do the same?
    Because you don't need a data connection to get the maps and you can't always rely on a connection in some areas.
    I bought mine for 12.99 which was a bargain.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    I don't need a data connection for the free sat-nav built into my Nokia Symbian phone (*). Any map updates I need I can get while syncing my phone to my computer at home over free Blutooth or USB cable. The data connection requirement that Google force on people is a scam.

(*) To be precise I use the option to improve speed of the inital fix which needs a very small data connection.
  • TangoTango Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tealady wrote: »
    Because you don't need a data connection to get the maps and you can't always rely on a connection in some areas.

Which app and when?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    live premium eu major - earlier this year when it was mentioned in this forum
  • kempshottkempshott Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have (Android) CoPilot v8 and can't decide whether to upgrade to Premium - I missed the half-price deal when it was first released.

Some user reviews on the Market say it's better and some say it's much worse They've just issed a free map update for v8 so I'm tempted to stick with it for now.

Why is the USA version is so much cheaper? Are their maps public domain?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NavFree, just needs to download the maps once when you install it, then never needs a data connection.
    Google Navigation (and Maps in general) can use cached maps (turn it on in Labs).

So again, why pay for something that others can do just as well (and in the case of Google, better) for free?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NavFree, just needs to download the maps once when you install it, then never needs a data connection.
    Sure, but you are relying on users to update the maps
    Google Navigation (and Maps in general) can use cached maps (turn it on in Labs).
    Ok, but it needs the data before it caches it, plus I'd rather not rely on a cache
    So again, why pay for something that others can do just as well (and in the case of Google, better) for free?
    So you have tried them all then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sure, but you are relying on users to update the maps

Ok, but it needs the data before it caches it, plus I'd rather not rely on a cache
    So you have tried them all then?

I agree with tealady, you want up to date maps.

Who doesn't want a free app
  • skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member

google nav is a very good free app but doesnt have speed camera alerts or traffic alerts. Plus i find the POIs better on most full featured sat navs.

Of course it entirely depends on the individual if the few extra features are worth it to them.
  • Party AnimalParty Animal Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Co Pilot is far better than the google one..
    google is good for the odd run here or there but Co pilot is a fully featured sat nav and works great

I am a truck driver and use it every day and I can honestly say its easily the best I have used

the one downside is that if you encounter any problems - the after service is a joke email system is farcical at best
    having said that the only problem I had was not activating it correctly and it took endless emails back and forth and in the end a phone call direct to tech support which did get it working but I was losing the will to live with all the messing about

having said all that the product is so good I would not use anything else
    slick interface with clear voices that can be heard well and a bunch of features and extras which make it a bargain

my 2p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Co Pilot is far better than the google one..
    google is good for the odd run here or there but Co pilot is a fully featured sat nav and works great

I am a truck driver and use it every day and I can honestly say its easily the best I have used

the one downside is that if you encounter any problems - the after service is a joke email system is farcical at best
    having said that the only problem I had was not activating it correctly and it took endless emails back and forth and in the end a phone call direct to tech support which did get it working but I was losing the will to live with all the messing about

having said all that the product is so good I would not use anything else
    slick interface with clear voices that can be heard well and a bunch of features and extras which make it a bargain

my 2p

Any reason why not Tom Tom?
  • George7George7 Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've used quite a few (including CoPilot) and IMO Navigon and Sygic are better. The one I currently use is Sygic which uses Tom Tom mapping.
  • Party AnimalParty Animal Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tango wrote: »
    Any reason why not Tom Tom?

I have a tom tom sat nav as well
    I just think the co pilot interface is slicker and nicer to follow if things get tight when needing a last second turn that I might not be 100% sure about
    Co Pilot for me every day of the week