Options

Roy and Mary? - next Corrie couple

GlinnyGlinny Posts: 4,426
Forum Member
✭✭✭
After seeing Mary telling Norris a few home truths in The Kabin after him letting Tracey know about Rob and Tina kissing could this be the beginning of the end for these two characters.

Mary did get involved with the cafe whilst Hayley was away overseas doing her charity work doing themed nights.

I thought at the time she seemed interested in Roy but then Mary is a rather intense sort of a character who gets herself involved in other peoples business.

Mary got herself involved with Dev and his children after Sunita died.

Could see her trying to help Roy get over his grief for Hayley.

Norris is not really interested in Mary romantically so it could be a possibility for a romance to form between Roy and Mary.

Comments

• Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Nah, they work as friends as they're both "outcasts" but there isn't a romantic connection between them although Mary is probably desperate to find someone who loves her. Roy has always regarded her as someone who shares interests with him but nothing more in that way. Hayley was always his one and only in his eyes. :) I hope they don't try to force him with anyone else right now.
  • Options
    GlinnyGlinny Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    Nah, they work as friends as they're both "outcasts" but there isn't a romantic connection between them although Mary is probably desperate to find someone who loves her. Roy has always regarded her as someone who shares interests with him but nothing more in that way. Hayley was always his one and only in his eyes. :) I hope they don't try to force him with anyone else right now.

I agree it's far to soon after losing the love of his life Hayley :) but what else could they do with the Roy character.

He owns the cafe and interacts with the other Corrie characters but there is not a lot of scope for Roy other than that. The relationship between him and his mother was an interesting one but I believe she has now left and will not be returning.

I hope they do explore other avenues for the Roy character as the actor who plays him is brilliant and it would be a shame to lose him.
  • Options
    hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roy and Mary? Not in a million years. It'll never happen. There's no-one currently on the Street who Roy would go for.

My guess? A new woman might appear in a year or two, with echoes of Hayley's warmth and generosity... and his head might be turned.

But Mary?... UH-UH!!
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Roy and Mary would make a great couple..he needs someone who is slightly domineering which Mary is but she also as a soft side to her plus they share so many of the same interests..
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait, hold the phone. Are Mary & Norris...together? Like a couple? :eek:
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NO. Hayley was a one off for Roy and now he needs to live on his own. He is mildly autistic and it would be difficult for any other woman to understand him. When his grief has started to ease, Roy will immerse himself in the cafe, his railway club and ornithology. I hope the writers don't attempt to change his unique character.
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    No no no. Years down the line they could maybe bring in someone for Roy but Mary, no.
  • Options
    sunny daysunny day Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who want to pair them up obviously have forgotten the 'Misery' type scenes when she wanted Norris and that she tried to kill Hayley on the wedding day when she undid the couplings....
  • Options
    Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear God, no.

The only storyline I'd like to see Mary involved in is one where a ruddy great bus flattens her and puts her out of our misery. If it could take out Sean as well as it ricochets off a wall, so much the better.
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NO. Hayley was a one off for Roy and now he needs to live on his own. He is mildly autistic and it would be difficult for any other woman to understand him. When his grief has started to ease, Roy will immerse himself in the cafe, his railway club and ornithology. I hope the writers don't attempt to change his unique character.

If this should be the case..it's going to make for a very boring character which would be a great shame for David Neilson as proved himself as an excellent actor...unlike the impression we got from his first appearances in the street..to go back to those kind of scenes would be a great shame..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    I know he's a lot younger but I can see Roy ending up sitting with Emily and Norris in the Rovers.

Two characters that the writers are happy to leave single.

Unlike poor Audrey who periodically gets lumbered with some rotter.When surely a woman of her age and life experience would have given up on men years ago.
  • Options
    MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SB has said that as long as he is in charge, Roy will not be getting romantically involved with anyone.
  • Options
    Knives326Knives326 Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Nah. Can't see it.

Roy wouldn't look at anyone else, particularly so soon after Hayley's death. The pair might have a platonic friendship but that's it. If the writers can't think of anything else for him to do other than relationship plots then they're in the wrong job.