What does Katie Hopkins actually do?

george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
Forum Member
I can't stand Katie Hopkins, but something that interests me is what she actually does for a living. I know that she and her husband run a business called Katie Hopkins Ltd (which makes losses every year, laughably) but I can't find anything online that suggests what this business does. Does anyone know what Katie does all day when she isn't bitching on Twitter or making TV interviews on her sordid personal opinions?

Regardless of anyone's opinions of her personally, I must admit that she is talented - despite being really unpleasant, she was one of the strongest task performers when she was on The Apprentice, and I can see her being a very successful businesswoman if she wanted to be. However, I imagine her profile has made her someone that very few people would do business with these days.

Comments

• TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    she is a full time professional troll
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    In regards to her company, the fact that it makes a loss on the books doesn't mean it's not profitable. There are hundreds of ways to re-classify profit for tax purposes. Wouldn't be surprised if she's paying a fortune for consultancy and marketing to an offshore company of some description.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed - its a common misconception that a company that makes a loss is doing badly. Remember if you make a profit, you have to pay tax on it;-)

Doesn't "Britains Favourite Troll" write a column for The Sun? Presumably she gets paid for that and her appearances to say unpleasant things on This Morning.
    She possibly does after dinner speeches and the like too - she would probably make me fetch my dinner up, but then it takes all sorts.:)
  • ian_charlesian_charles Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her.....
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    Indeed - its a common misconception that a company that makes a loss is doing badly. Remember if you make a profit, you have to pay tax on it;-)

Doesn't "Britains Favourite Troll" write a column for The Sun? Presumably she gets paid for that and her appearances to say unpleasant things on This Morning.
    She possibly does after dinner speeches and the like too - she would probably make me fetch my dinner up, but then it takes all sorts.:)

Still not clear what the business does though...
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still not clear what the business does though...

Hires out "Britains Favourite Troll" for Trolling duties:D
  • UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I understand it she winds people up for money.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From her website.

Katie runs a business consultancy transforming underperforming SMEs into profitable organisations with sustainable growth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her.....

Personally, don't have a problem with her either - not that I'm particularly a defender of Katie Hopkins.

At least she speaks the truth and is not afraid to do so - and is completely open and honest about what she says and believes.

In answer to the original question - she doesn't do a lot except perhaps make an exhibition and a nuisance of herself on television for money in front of other people and the general public - that's what she does lol :-)
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    Hires out "Britains Favourite Troll" for Trolling duties:D

Love it :D

But in all seriousness, most of her debates seem to involve her work in some way. Like when she said she'd miss her child's birthday for work. (Actually, that's one of the few interviews that she's done that I haven't minded so much about - I wouldn't do that myself, but different things work for different families and I respect that). She said that her kids have to understand that work has to come before personal, which I don't think is that unreasonable, but doesn't seem to quite make sense when no one is quite sure what work for her is.
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    From her website.

Katie runs a business consultancy transforming underperforming SMEs into profitable organisations with sustainable growth.

So basically, does that mean she's a sort of troubleshooter? Companies invite her in to tell them where they're going wrong?
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    She is hired as the go-to girl for a divisive and controversial opinion whenever an article or interview is required on a given topic. She is astute enough to recognise that she is used this way and plays up to the character the producers or editors want in order to stir their viewers / readers, who fall for it every time.
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She winds people up on this forum and elsewhere absolutely beautifully.
  • GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recently added her on twitter. I think she's fookin hilarious. She just says what a lot of people are thinking, and does so in a blunt yet witty and intelligent ways.

The type of people who find her so offensive are unlikely to be people I would get along with, so I really couldn't care less. It's particularly amusing on twitter when she lays into some of the scroungers... Sorry I mean benefit claimants and they try and take her on, only for her to rip them a new arsehole, which usually ends up with said sponger resorting to violence or simply disappearing :D truth obviously hurts.
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She winds people up on this forum and elsewhere absolutely beautifully.

Yes, she's absolutely fantastic at that. I think she's brilliant.
  • Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,043
    Forum Member
    Professional troll and rent-a-gob who is nowhere near as clever as she thinks. Would love to be Piers Morgan, but is slightly less odious.

Remember, this is someone who doesn't like children named after places with a daughter called ... India.

Thankfully, she is easy to avoid and ignore.
  • CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She gives me a woody.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's as big a media ho as the likes of Katie Price just with a different MO
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    I recently added her on twitter. I think she's fookin hilarious. She just says what a lot of people are thinking, and does so in a blunt yet witty and intelligent ways.

The type of people who find her so offensive are unlikely to be people I would get along with, so I really couldn't care less. It's particularly amusing on twitter when she lays into some of the scroungers... Sorry I mean benefit claimants and they try and take her on, only for her to rip them a new arsehole, which usually ends up with said sponger resorting to violence or simply disappearing :D truth obviously hurts.

so to you benefit claimants are scroungers
  • Kyle_TKyle_T Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Professional troll who only seems to target other women strangely enough. Lacks the balls to take on a man obviously.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she is a full time professional troll

I was just about to post that.

Yes she is.
  • GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so to you benefit claimants are scroungers

A very large number are, yes.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's just something that Ann Coulter didn't manage to flush properly.
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just smirk at her . She not even worth bothering about .
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Katie Hopkins...witty and intelligent ? You cannot be serious ?
    She's just failed business woman who now earns crust as a wind-up merchant for the tabloids. Fair play to her, she's making a living by using her own limited skills. But I really can't understand anyone "following" her to read the nonsense she writes.