Take That Appreciation Thread

Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
Forum Member
After seeing how great the guys were in their concert on New Year's Eve, sadly only on TV, but nevertheless, I've decided to start up an appreciation thread for the Fab 4!

Here, Take That fans can leave their appreciation, be it for them as a pop group, or for any of them as individuals. No Robbie-bashing, please, just appreciation for the 4 TT guys. Ta! :)

Comments

• trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, fair play to them; they put on a good show on New Years' Eve - I suspect they don't find all that dancing around as easy as they used to - they looked knackered!

Dare I say they don't look as if their hearts are really in it though? Just my personal opinion. Good professionals though, so good luck to them.
  • Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member
    I agree that poor Gary and Mark looked a bit worn out but aren't Howard and Jason trained dancers? If so, they'd have some more stamina, they seemed OK by the end of it. :)
    Forum Member
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,259
    Forum Member
    Soulmate9 wrote: »
    I agree that poor Gary and Mark looked a bit worn out but aren't Howard and Jason trained dancers? If so, they'd have some more stamina, they seemed OK by the end of it. :)

I love them and I went to see them in December in Manchester. I have to say they did really well and the reason Mark looked so hot and sweaty on th tv is because he put his heart and soul into the concert.I remember thinking at the time how he never stopped and how much he put into it. I have to disagree about the hearts not in it comment though, it definately was.
  • trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy to stand corrected :)
  • Miffy290580Miffy290580 Posts: 10,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soulmate9 wrote: »

Jesus how horrible for him and how deluded is she?! :rolleyes:

I love TT, have done since 1992 and they just get better & better every time - the New Years concert proved that. I don't think we'll see much of them now until maybe later in the year, they deserve a long holiday with their families. Definitely looking forward to a new album :)

Great idea for a thread btw ;)
  • j24j24 Posts: 3,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i also thought they did look alittle tired but they do have good reason, that was the 50th concert and it was late!:o
    but i still think they were brilliant, i went to see them in manchester on the 23rd and they were sooooooooo brilliant. they really put there all into it and looked really happy together.:D
    p.s i love them espesh little markyxx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they are brilliant and even better second time around! I was gutted when they broke up and so pleased when they got back together.

I'm also pleased Robbie is out of the picture as I do believe all four are happy in their skins now and get on so well, Robbie would be a bad influence in the band.

Rule the World is fantastic!
  • KarmaChameleonKarmaChameleon Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm only seventeen so wasn't a fan the first time around, but I love them now! I saw them on December 7th at the 02 and even managed to tune in to them on New Year's Eve despite being at a party (yes, my friends all thought I was sadly obsessed - but they didn't seem to mind ;)). I just think they're all amazing; fantastic singers, great songs and all seemingly really nice guys. I'd definitely see them in concert again!

By the way, I'm totally in love with Jason after seeing them in concert. His voice was shaking when he sang Wooden Boat and it was the most adorable thing I have ever seen in my life. :D:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Jason singing Wooden Boat on the album and would have loved to have seen him singing live, he certainly has hidden his talent long enough.

I was pretty much the age they are now when they split but think they have come back and done themselves proud.
  • odie30odie30 Posts: 1,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i saw them on the 6th at the o2 and they rocked love gary more now than ever
    Forum Member
    xmiffyx wrote: »
    Jesus how horrible for him and how deluded is she?! :rolleyes:

I love TT, have done since 1992 and they just get better & better every time - the New Years concert proved that. I don't think we'll see much of them now until maybe later in the year, they deserve a long holiday with their families. Definitely looking forward to a new album :)

Great idea for a thread btw ;)

Many thanks, pleased to oblige. :)

Some fans just turn into complete nutters! It's probably because he wouldn't marry her or something like that, crazy woman!
  • weedledeedleweedledeedle Posts: 8,669
    Forum Member
    geniedi wrote: »
    I love Jason singing Wooden Boat on the album and would have loved to have seen him singing live, he certainly has hidden his talent long enough.

I was pretty much the age they are now when they split but think they have come back and done themselves proud.

I love that song too :)

but I just loves Howard......... :o:o

he makes an old 40+ + + woman feel very young....... :o

(well, I wish HE COULD AND WOULD!! :eek: :D:D )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wooden Boat is a beautiful song and Jason sings it perfectly. The thing I thought was really bad was at the concert I went to at the O2, when he started singing alot of people took that as their cue to go to the loo or the bar :mad:
  • GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,808
    Forum Member
    I saw them at the o2 in December and it was a totally brilliant show. The first time I saw them live was in 2006 at the Millenium Stadium Cardiff and again, what a show!

They really work hard and their stage presentation makes you realise why they have such a strong fan base. I didn't think that they could top the 2006 concert, but in 2007 they did!

I tuned in on New Year's Eve and it was great to see them perform some of the Concert I'd recently been to.
    Forum Member
    I didn't realise Jason was singing Wooden Boat! Bless him, he's such a sweetie.

My fave used to be Mark but I'm moved over to Gary now, not in a fancying way but just as people. :)
    Forum Member
    I love that song too :)

but I just loves Howard......... :o:o

he makes an old 40+ + + woman feel very young....... :o

(well, I wish HE COULD AND WOULD!! :eek: :D:D )

Naughty naughty! :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,259
    Forum Member

The song is good on the album but live it was absolutely fantastic.
  • KarmaChameleonKarmaChameleon Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, Wooden Boat was amazing live.

Xmiffyx, how could anyone go to the bar during it?!?! :eek: That's so annoying, I know a few people who would have loved to go and dance to EVERY song, but couldn't get tickets. :(

Jason is such a sweetheart!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will have to hope a DVD comes out with it on live.

and I'm another 40 plus woman, think theres loads of us!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Xmiffyx, how could anyone go to the bar during it?!?! :eek: That's so annoying, I know a few people who would have loved to go and dance to EVERY song, but couldn't get tickets. :(

Yeah thats what we said as well, I thought it was really rude and not nice for poor Jason :(

I read somewhere on here I think that there is a DVD provisional release date at the end of February :D
    Forum Member
    xmiffyx wrote: »
    Yeah thats what we said as well, I thought it was really rude and not nice for poor Jason :(

I read somewhere on here I think that there is a DVD provisional release date at the end of February :D

That's really good news. :) I'm so glad they're back and better than ever and poor Jason having people leave when he starts singing, how rude. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    I love Take That so much, been a fan since the age of 13 when they first started - Babe, Pray and Everything Changes were the soundtracks to my teenage angsts and romances, we had Never Forget played at our Leavers Mass... now 27 and saw them this year and last year on tour - they were fabulous - that makes 6 times I've seen them live and each concert has been amazing, the shows they put on are superb, each song has a theme or a story to it, it's like going to the opera/a lapdancing bar/cheesy pop club/football match all in one - such an experience.

They are great lads, always have been, and it really comes across that they are pleased to be back and appreciated. So pleased Robbie didn't re-join the band, they don't need him.

Their songs are the soundtrack to my life - long may they continue... well, I'll let them have a few months off to have a rest after 50 dates touring, but then I'd love to see a new album and more touring - fingers crossed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are brilliant and even better second time around! I was gutted when they broke up and so pleased when they got back together.

I'm also pleased Robbie is out of the picture as I do believe all four are happy in their skins now and get on so well, Robbie would be a bad influence in the band.

Rule the World is fantastic!

totally agree with u. i never got to see them the first time round, so when they got back together i was so pleased:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i went to the concert at manc 23rd dec and danced and sung/shouted to every song but people around me were still sitting down and not singing at all:eek: which really annoyed me cos sooo many people would have killed at a chance to go but couldn't:mad::mad::mad: