Home Service Engineer Interview Process

123457»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Michelle83 wrote: »
    His CRB would have been clean and they didn't even ask for his references as he checked with his previous manager.
    Just seems shocking that they talk about integrity but then offer someone a job leave them hanging for weeks then email saying they haven't got a job.
    You would think it would have at least warranted a phone call.
    Don't know if it's worth seeking legal advise because even at interview stage everything has to be done by the book and how do we know their has been no descrimination at any point especially as no one will even talk to him.

Sky don't discriminate, they just don't like talking.

#BelieveInBetter
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    You would think they would believe In treating people better it's not exactly great PR they should say on assessment day oh by the way you still might not have a job not congratulations we will be in touch with a start day?! HR is shocking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    hi i am hoping to get a job with sky as an engineer and was wondering if you can give me some advice on what answers they are looking for on the personality questions as this is the only part i am unsure of getting the job
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hey ive got my face to face interview comin soon for an engineer will a not so good credit history well n truly screw me over or will they still consider me any info would be grateful as i really want the job
  • stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    Sorry to drag a year old thread up but I have also been for a interview with Sky to become a home service engineer (engineer is pushing it though lol).

The whole process to be honest is pretty laughable. Long online application with 3 online customer service based tests, then you get a 20/30 min telephone interview with lots of competency based questions. If you pass them you are then invited to assessment day of more fun.

My day lasted just over 4 hours and included a hours worth of competency based questions from 5 different Sky managers/engineers and then a 20 minute long role role.

At the end of the day, me and 6 others did not get the job.

For me the assessment day is flawed and they are missing out on employing good people due to how they mark you. My previous job was working for EON as a meter engineer (single and 3 phase) so a job more demanding than this. The guy at the end admitted I had all the skills and past experience to do the Sky job yet as a couple of my answers were not structured in the STAR way I did not get the job.

There was a guy who also did not get a job who had 20 years experience as a engineer for Royal Mail but again as he did not answer in the STAR way to all question he also did not get it.

I personally I felt I answered well using the STAR system as needed that when going for the EON job years ago. I honestly feel the whole process is way over the top for the job you do and it seems for some people no matter what you do you won't get the job.
  • realistrealist Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    You didn't get the job because you didn't quite suit the position and you claim the process is flawed. Perhaps an application as a employment expert or something to do with HR would suit your expert opinion but......

I wish you well in looking for employment and hope you find something soon.

Regards.
  • stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    realist wrote: »
    You didn't get the job because you didn't quite suit the position and you claim the process is flawed. Perhaps an application as a employment expert or something to do with HR would suit your expert opinion but......

I wish you well in looking for employment and hope you find something soon.

Regards.

Haha thanks for that great input you knob
  • realistrealist Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    LOL :)

Don't take it to heart M8 but the truth hurts sometimes.

stu64 wrote: »
    Haha thanks for that great input you knob