Billie Piper has a baby boy

2»

Comments

• Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    melly123 wrote: »
    I cant believe how many on the Mail site are critising her for the c-section. If she went into labour then the c-section was probably an emergency.

Yeah congrats but it amazes me the amount of celebs who seem to have a c-section. I was able to do it 4 times without any intervention!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    Yeah congrats but it amazes me the amount of celebs who seem to have a c-section. I was able to do it 4 times without any intervention!!
    bully for you. not every woman is so lucky. being in labour for a day must be distressing
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ninteen wrote: »
    bully for you. not every woman is so lucky. being in labour for a day must be distressing

Yes bully for me and yes it was distressing. I'm commenting on the celeb obsession to opt for a c-section. This is of course an opinion.

Cheers
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    Yes bully for me and yes it was distressing. I'm commenting on the celeb obsession to opt for a c-section. This is of course an opinion.

Cheers

billie dindt opt for hers, you seemed to include her in this comment, given that the thread is about her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    billie dindt opt for hers, you seemed to include her in this comment, given that the thread is about her.

Fairplay I don't know if she did or didn't. Let me go back to the original congrats.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Winston was good enough for Churchill ,and the Fox family are rather aristocratic so it is befitting, as is James after the elder Fox.

I was not listening fully to news being in kitchen at the time, but did they say it he was an 11 pounder..or did I mishear.????

I did hear it was an emergency C Section though.Billie does not seem the diva type to have on demand for image reasons somehow.Glad Chris was there too, it is so warming to know ex's can remain on excellent terms, given the spite that normally goes on .
  • UnlikelyHeroineUnlikelyHeroine Posts: 1,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously I shouldn't judge, but this is the Showbiz forum. Winston is a rough name to give a kid. I am not sure where the idea Winston is arisocratic or traditional comes from. There's only been one famous Winston from a family of any "aristocratic" note.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    No one else think it weird that the news was announced by chris Evans?
  • Caligula75Caligula75 Posts: 1,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coddieuk wrote: »

Not really. They appear to have remained very good friends - their new spouses as well.

As for Billie's c-section, she probably didn't want or plan to go down that route. I was in labour for 30+ hours and had no other option but to have an emergency c-section. After that ordeal, I'm incredulous as to why celebs would opt for that over a natural birth. The pain, the stitching, the recovery time - ugh! The only explanation is that a 'tummy tuck' can be done on the spot.
  • Mo from t'marketMo from t'market Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    summerain wrote: »
    I didn't know she was expecting!

Congrats to both of them :)

I knew she was pregnant, but didn't think she was due until about Christmas for some reason. Was baby Winston premature?

Congratulations to Billie and Laurence.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,142
    Forum Member
    coddieuk wrote: »

Yes. I think its great they've remained friends and its the adult thing to do but he's always so....gushing about her, I feel pretty sure he still holds her in great affection (a bit more than a friend would).

And if I was Laurence Fox, I'd have been bloody livid that my wife's ex-husband announced the name of OUR baby to the press, especially as he had chosen not to earlier (for their own reasons, possibly to tell friends and family first?)
  • SeabirdSeabird Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Devilot wrote: »
    Yes. I think its great they've remained friends and its the adult thing to do but he's always so....gushing about her, I feel pretty sure he still holds her in great affection (a bit more than a friend would).

And if I was Laurence Fox, I'd have been bloody livid that my wife's ex-husband announced the name of OUR baby to the press, especially as he had chosen not to earlier (for their own reasons, possibly to tell friends and family first?)

I agree. I think it's definitely a control thing with Evans, he still wants to be involved in her life and takes the "bestie friends" thing way to far. I'll bet niether of their new spouses are thrilled with this and the alleged "competition" between Billie and Evans's new wife to get pregnant, if true is very telling and very sad ...
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I knew she was pregnant, but didn't think she was due until about Christmas for some reason. Was baby Winston premature?

It does seem as if she had a difficult labour, which culminated in the emergency c-section.

Chris Evans certainly hasn't been quiet about it! It's nice that their split was amicable but he practically announced the birth and the child's name before Laurence had even said anything!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Congrats to them.

Hmm....I used to have a pet dog called Winston.

I also had a dog called Winston!
  • trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the announcement by Chris Evans was a bit odd too - particularly as it was all about Billie and the baby, and not a word of congrats to her husband!
  • x3 Boomting x3x3 Boomting x3 Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Congratulations to them..

Not sure I would have gone with the name Winston though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    trec123 wrote: »
    I thought the announcement by Chris Evans was a bit odd too - particularly as it was all about Billie and the baby, and not a word of congrats to her husband!

I agree. Although it's nice that Chris and Billie are still good friends I'd be a bit worried if I was Laurence. Chris went to their wedding and now he's announcing their happy news to the press. It's a private thing that only the family should be discussing not Billie's ex. Think it's time that Laurence has a word...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    indie.star wrote: »
    Winston is the kind of name that's only fit for a dog.
    It was good enough for our PM who lead us through WWII :rolleyes:

I quite like Winston...better than some of the cringeworthy names out there our dear celebs have chosen for their brats

And for anyone reading this who dares comment on her having a c-sec...an emergency c-section is entirely different to a planned one. there must have been complications during the labour. Andi feel for her right now, as she obviously planned to give birth naturally, and the moment was taken away from her. or her baby may have died, or even her.

to the woman who gave birth 4 times naturally...lucky you...it isn't always that simple
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whether the C section was planned or not i dont think that anyone should comment on how a women chooses to give birth. Even with a planned C Section - the mother has a right to choose that way (poss based ona number of reasons) and not be criticised for it.

Congrats to Billie and her husband. They seem a lovely couple that seem to stay away from the limelight.
  • Alice SAlice S Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    According to the Mirror, Laurence Fox has said she was in labour for 24 hours, so obviously it wasn't a matter of choice for Billie, it had to be done for her and the baby's sake.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    And now it seems that poor Billie will probably have to stay in hospital for 5 days before she and the baby can go home. :(
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aww that's great news. Congratulations to Billie and Lawrence :D
  • QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was in labour with my daughter for 72 hours and didn't have a C-Sec
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    I was in labour with my daughter for 72 hours and didn't have a C-Sec

Well, if your baby had been in severe distress and in danger of medical problems, I'm sure you would have.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,693
    Forum Member
    aww congrats to her, and hope her and the baby are well