Options

Why does everybody hate Alexandra Burke?

Comments

• Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    sp2011 wrote: »
    I don't understand why most people hate her.

Most people dont hate her :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tram5 wrote: »
    Having checked out the link and seen the numerous bitchy comments about many other celebrities, why focus on Alexandra Burke? People just love to hate those who are successful and doing well (talented or not) hence the backstabbing - they always do it behind pseudonyms of course, as cowards do.

That's what I dont understand either, directly below the bitchy tweet about Alex is an equally nasty comment about Leona and SJP but nobody is kicking up a fuss about that. It's hardly the case that Alex is being singled out there.
    Almost every celebrity that enjoys some level of success seems to get nasty comments about them and unfair criticism, it's difficult to even name one celeb that is universally liked. Alex really cant be that hated, she was voted winner in one of the most competitive years of X Factor and continues to have success a few years on.
  • Options
    MaxCherryMaxCherry Posts: 9,013
    Forum Member
    ive gone off her because she seems to have totally changed her accent.

She tried to come off line an airhead on XF like Stacey Soloman....I saw her on Celeb Juice and she's now adopted this 'badgyal' persona.

:confused:
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    MaxCherry wrote: »

She tried to come off line an airhead on XF like Stacey Soloman....I saw her on Celeb Juice and she's now adopted this 'badgyal' persona.

Maybe that's because she's a west indian girl from london perhaps?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    I don't think she's a bitch, but I just don't warm to her. It's got nothing to do with her being a successful, young, black woman (quite narrow minded for people to think that would be the reason she isn't liked!) - it's just that she seems to be quite arrogant, a show off and thinks she's funnier than she is. Not saying her arrogance isn't warranted (she's got a great voice and her Keith Lemon dance was impressive :cool:) but she doesn't show much humility. I'm sure she's lovely, just not my cup of tea
  • Options
    MaxCherryMaxCherry Posts: 9,013
    Forum Member
    iseloid wrote: »
    Maybe that's because she's a west indian girl from london perhaps?

But she wasnt talking like that on XFactor?
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really have much of an opinion on her to be honest. I'm not a fan of her music, but that is because its just not my kind of style.

I'm guessing self-confident, black woman just rubs people the wrong way. The Brits like their famous people to be quite meek and grateful.

I don't think she is disliked because of the colour of her skin. I personally think she is an ok singer but in some interviews I've seen she can come over a little smug. It might be nerves
  • Options
    Alfie ElkinsAlfie Elkins Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    she's an ugly bastard
    looked like a cartoon flamingo or vulture the other night on celeb juice.

http://www.how-to-draw-funny-cartoons.com/image-files/cartoon-flamingo-8.gif
    http://www.bradfitzpatrick.com/store/images/products/a028-cartoon-vulture.jpg

f knows what Defoe is thinking.
  • Options
    Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she's an ugly bastard
    looked like a cartoon flamingo or vulture the other night on celeb juice.

http://www.how-to-draw-funny-cartoons.com/image-files/cartoon-flamingo-8.gif
    http://www.bradfitzpatrick.com/store/images/products/a028-cartoon-vulture.jpg

f knows what Defoe is thinking.

Charming. :rolleyes:

Post a picture of yourself and let's be the judge of your looks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    MaxCherry wrote: »

Yes, she's nothing like she was on the x-factor. I liked her then coz she came across as very down to earth. Now she's comes across as arrogant and a bit cocky. But that's just my opinion, as a few people have pointed out on this thread she is still quite well-liked.
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she looks like John Fashanu in a wig.

She doesn't at all. The only similarities is they both have big grins and are black.
  • Options
    daniellejaynedaniellejayne Posts: 2,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many times do people have to ask the same question :yawn:
    Alex has a large fan base, not everyone hates her. At the same time she -like all other celebrities- also has some people who don't like her so much.
    And just like her fan base who post their love for Alex, people who don't like her post their 'hate' (couldn't think of a better word)
  • Options
    Simon RodgersSimon Rodgers Posts: 4,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As with all famous people you get flack, nothing personal really.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,177
    Forum Member
    She's a celebrity, some people like her, other people don't, what is the issue here? She's not the only celebrity who has "haters". I like Rihanna, but there's a hell of a lot of people out there who can't stand her. You just have to accept that certain characteristics that you like in a person other people don't. So Alexandra might come across as a lovely confident young lady to you, to others she come across as stuck up and arrogant. People are allowed to have a difference of opinion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    I don't hate her, don't know her to hate her! She seems a kind enough person, does some kind and caring gestures. It's probably because they're jealous of her success? I don't know, I don't really get how people can hate on others they haven't really met except seen on tv or judged on interviews. I'm not overly keen on her music or voice but I haven't seen enough of her personality to call a bitch.
  • Options
    lovingstylelovingstyle Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    She used to live in my old apartment in Islington just before I moved in (she bought it after the X Factor because it was beside her mum but boys were throwing bricks at her car so she moved out....) she was one mucky pup - the place was disgusting!
  • Options
    Lordy LordyLordy Lordy Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't hate her.

I think she does look like John Fashnu in a wig and I can't for the life of me see what she sees in that little s*** from Spurs but it takes all sorts. She's got a great voice.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe she's going out with Jemaine Defoe. He's been rather busy with the ladies hasn't he?

He was engaged a few years back wasn't he?

Maybe not the commitment type of guy?:D
  • Options
    Sharona68Sharona68 Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she's an ugly bastard

LOL!!!! I nearly choked laughing when I read that.

I don't like her either, she's got a big trap and makes me want to switch over.

She was ok until she won the X Factor, then she went berserk.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can't believe she's going out with Jemaine Defoe. He's been rather busy with the ladies hasn't he?

He was engaged a few years back wasn't he?

Maybe not the commitment type of guy?:D

Oh yes, he has been a busy boy over the years off the pitch.
    Past girlfriends include - Imogen Thomas, Danielle Lloyd, Chantelle (that was on/off all the time as she was convinced he was cheating on her), Charlotte Mears he was engaged to - she featured in that show about WAGs opening boutiques. He's had quite a few other wannabe-WAG girlfriends over the last few years too, I dont know how he has the time to fit it all in. Im not Alex's biggest fan but im surprised she's with him, she can do alot better imo.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    I just cringe when she speaks. She's always got to take over and show off.
  • Options
    ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just cringe when she speaks. She's always got to take over and show off.

That's why I cannot warm to her. Everything is over exaggerated and OTT, she is a show off, cocky and quite dislikeable recently on Celeb Juice.
  • Options
    TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexy_86 wrote: »
    Why do people hate Alexandra Burke?

Because its seemingly fashionable to.
    :rolleyes:

Everybody uses the same excuse 'I hate her, she's a bitch' or 'i don't like her and I can't put my finger on why' or 'there's something about that girl I don't like.'

All bullshit. At least if you are going to hate on someone have the conviction to say why!

I'm not even a fan but I do see how much flack gets directed at her for no reason whatsoever and think its out of order really.

It's not that at all. She seems arrogant and on Celeb Juice last week just made me cringe throughout.
  • Options
    TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stash22 wrote: »
    Oh yes, he has been a busy boy over the years off the pitch.
    Past girlfriends include - Imogen Thomas, Danielle Lloyd, Chantelle (that was on/off all the time as she was convinced he was cheating on her), Charlotte Mears he was engaged to - she featured in that show about WAGs opening boutiques. He's had quite a few other wannabe-WAG girlfriends over the last few years too, I dont know how he has the time to fit it all in. Im not Alex's biggest fan but im surprised she's with him, she can do alot better imo.

You've got that the wrong way round, surely?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    oh yes, degenerate to say the least.