Options

REALLY enjoyed tonight's EastEnders!

lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
Forum Member
✭✭
Did anyone else? I think that was the best episode we've had in ages tbh!

I complained about EastEnders constantly at one point in DTC's era on this website, because it was awful IMO, and needed complaining about! However, I think it deserves so much praise recently!

Tonight's episode was really good! It wasn't OTT, and it wasn't boring, it was more dark, gritty and enjoyable!

I've not been a massive fan of this Tosh and Tina storyline up until now, but I think it's really shone this week! What we're seeing that's happened to Tina, is really raw and effective, and is pure EastEnders!

Infact, the Carter's were more enjoyable on the whole tonight! I loved them! They weren't being cheesey, or getting out their tedious inflatable instruments, they were well written and interesting! The ending was great, and Linda Henry never fails to amaze me! Shirley is such a popular character, and she's one of the best characater's in the show today! I think it's right we can call Shirley an EastEnders legend now... The character has a high profile, and is so enjoyable to watch!

I also LOVE Tina aswell now! She's not dancing around dressed as a fairy, and we're seeing Luisa Bradshaw White's acting ability, and I take back what I said, she is a very good actress! I am glad that Tosh has gone though, I never really liked her!

I also loved the Beale stuff! Ian can be cruel, but he's brilliant! And I love having Jane back, and it's nice to see Masood getting some more screen time! Sonia aswell! At least we didn't have characters floating around, speaking tedious shit, and just getting in the way! It all connected really well and was well written! I think Daran Little is one of their best writers! He got it pretty much spot on tonight!

Also loved the Nick stuff tonight! It's great having Nick back on screen again, and that a we with Ian made me chuckle! It was pure 80's EastEnders!:D

Also, a lovely scene with Johnny and Linda! It really made me smile!:)

So yes, a brilliant episode, and it was written brilliantly! THAT is what EastEnders should be like IMO! That reminded me of the EastEnders I started watching! It's just a shame we never had more popular characters, and key characters, but that's what EastEnders is all about! Different characters in different episodes, as not feeling the need to cram all their cast in to every episode, like most other soaps!:p it's nice we're getting different wpaiodes revolving around different characters (Sonia/Martin, Beale's, Carter's, Kat and Alfie next week, etc...)

Anyone else agree?:)

Comments

• Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too Lou, Tuesday's was great too.
  • Options
    Lisa_Thomas2Lisa_Thomas2 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah t'was a great episode tonight, Eastenders is on top form right now.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Totally agree! Brilliant episode tonight.:D
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do my eyes deceive me?? :o:o:o:p:D

Yep it was a good episode. I loved the Nick and Yvonne scenes in particular. Nick's return has been brilliant
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the end bit where Nick bundled Ian indoors
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole thing was lovely, I especially liked the scene between Linda & Johnny, it was nice to see the two of them having a proper mother/son relationship, compared to a few mo the ago when they couldn't even look at eachother.

The last few minutes, like Tuesdays episode, were very tense.
  • Options
    Knives326Knives326 Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Enjoyable episode.

Nick dragging Ian inside was funny. But just how did he expect to be able to walk around the market in broad daylight without being spotted? He wasn't exactly in disguise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Knives326 wrote: »
    Enjoyable episode.

Nick dragging Ian inside was funny. But just how did he expect to be able to walk around the market in broad daylight without being spotted? He wasn't exactly in disguise.

I thought the exact same... The episode wasn't flawless, but it was a really great episode, and enjoyable like you said!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do my eyes deceive me?? :o:o:o:p:D

Yep it was a good episode. I loved the Nick and Yvonne scenes in particular. Nick's return has been brilliant

:D:D:D When EastEnders is like that I have no complaints, it's only when they do silly filler storylines, and Tamwar, Fatboy, and Nancy all singing karaoke in the vic, that's when I'll complain! If every episode could be like tonight's, I don't think anyone would complain, it was really enjoyable, it was dark, and it was very tense at the end!:)
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    EastEnders hasn't been 'awful' for any longer than episode or two this year.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    :D:D:D When EastEnders is like that I have no complaints, it's only when they do silly filler storylines, and Tamwar, Fatboy, and Nancy all singing karaoke in the vic, that's when I'll complain! If every episode could be like tonight's, I don't think anyone would complain, it was really enjoyable, it was dark, and it was very tense at the end!:)

I don't mind a little bit of singing in the vic at times. I like seeing the community together but yeah I much prefer grittiness and darkness.
  • Options
    patrick95patrick95 Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    Surprised at all the praise that the Nick return is getting - I think it's been bloody awful. The storyline just goes silent for weeks on end and then when when it does finally prop up it's a load of hammy, unbelievable rubbish.

Rest of episode was great though