Am I the only one who likes RoxyxCharlie?

rustnstardustrustnstardust Posts: 40
Forum Member
Hi all,
Firstly I'd like to introduce myself, I've grown up watching soaps, particularly Eastenders and am an avid lover of all of them. In order to quell my need for spoilers I stumbled upon DigitalSpy, and then the forums. I've actually been lurking on here for about seven months, too afraid to post anything :blush: but I'm ready to jump in!
Now the introductions are over...

I'm finding this Ronnie/Charlie/Roxy love triangle quite difficult, not because I dislike the affair but because I believe that it undermines all of Roxy's growth and character development. I actually much prefer the Roxy/Charlie pairing, I remember some time last year long before the one night stand thinking that they had a great chemistry. I believe that as long as Ronnie has baby Matthew she will be alright, I just hate the fact that Roxy would continuously do this to her sister. I think that her character deserves more credit now, and that the writers have let her down.
What do you all think?

Comments

• valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I can't help liking them as a couple. Charlie and Ronnie rushed into a relationship because of the baby, Charlie did have his doubts but Dot put pressure on him to do the right thing.

Roxy hasn't been throwing herself at Charlie, in fact quite the opposite, he's doing all the chasing.

Welcome BTW.:)
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charlie & Ronnie = Rushed
    Charlie & Roxy = Great chemistry
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do now think that Charlie is better suited to Roxy than Ronnie. Ronnie seems to have a hard edge to her after everything that has happened (including killing Carl) - she's very damaged and needs to sort herself out before she can be with anyone imo. Roxy comes with less baggage than Ronnie and they bonded through shared concern for Ronnie while Ronnie was in a coma - these things can happen though of course that doesn't make it right.
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    I think Roxy and Charlie are brilliant together. Ronnie and Charlie's romance was very rushed. I hope Charlie dumps Ronnie and picks Roxy. Then Ronnie can be with Vincent. Charlie isn't right for Ronnie, in my opinion.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer Ronnie and Charlie and I found roxy and aleks a delight as a couple.

Welcome Op.☺
  • Cosmic GiftedCosmic Gifted Posts: 3,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reall like Roxy, so it's nice to see more of her. But ughh this is stupid that they are doing this again. I mean to shit on your sister once is bad enough, but twice???

Also really have gone off Charlie now. All that fuss that he loved Ronnie last year!
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Welcome Op.☺
    Me too and I liked all four of them living together.

I don't think this is out of character for Roxy though. :)
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    Me too and I liked all four of them living together.

I don't think this is out of character for Roxy though. :)

No it's very Roxy but i thought they had developed her character better than that. 😠
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I've always liked them more than Charlie and Ronnie, but I quite liked Roxy and Aleks...but I don't like the way this has come about. I hate that Roxy ALWAYS has to have what Ronnie has.
  • willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    I have always like Roxy and Charlie scenes. I do think Rita and Declan have good chemistry but I really like the friendship Charlie/Roxy had. It would have been a nice change to see a man and woman have a really good relationship that didn't involve jumping into bed. I find the lovey dovey scenes with them just now quite cringe but I think it's because I like Charlie and Ronnie
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I'm just happy to see Charlie! I'd like to see his 'bad' side, team him up with Vincent!
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charlie and Ronnie made for a great couple now ruined because her sister can't keep her mits off what Ronnie has.

I despise Roxy and Charlie now. They deserve each other!!
  • elle_haydenelle_hayden Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Hate everything about them together. Even if you take out what they are doing to their sister and wife. Their is three kids involved that they do not seem to care about. Roxy playing the hero last week with the bullies mother was a joke as she is trying to build a false family unit for this kid while all the while knowing it will be broken. If she did not love Alex she did not have to take him back.

It is in no way less baggage being with Roxy. He will always of had a kid with her sister and at no point could it end happy for them.

I do not have one bit of sympathy for them. Even if it was some sort of true love and they just could not live without each other, which is crap they should not have dragged Alex along with them. Could possibly understand with Ronnie being in the hospital but with Alex it just shows how selfish they really are. The fact that Alex has been shown as the primary carer for both of there children while they are together is disgusting.

It is making me really dislike two characters that where among my favorites.

It just does not make one bit of sense to me. It is like i am being told of their feelings rather than shown them. They practically lived together for months with no feelings involved and no hint of anything more. They then slept together once apparently due to grief and then they have this great connection, no not buying it.

I just do not see any chemistry. The fact they even got together was due to Ronnie. It also sucks for the character of Roxy who has very much become a complete nothing of a character. The only time she has a story involves Ronnie. She has not friends, no job, is a crap mother and even things like her other family she is very much just another Billy.

Same actually goes for Charlie to an extent if you take away Dot. While Ronnie will hopefully have stories involved in her becoming a mother, her recovery, connection with Vincent and her relationship with Phil after new year, I just do not see what kind of story particularly Roxy can have without Ronnie.

To begin with I hoped that Ronnie would wake up and try and get even with them without them knowing she knew but then I thought of what could actually happen. What could she really take away from them. The characters have been written into a corner. Know I just want her as far away from them as possible. There is much more interesting things to be shown.

So I did not mean to write so much there but if they are going to give characters limited scream time they should at least put work into making it believable.
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I much prefer Roxy and Charlie. In fact they are far more suited. Charlie is too weak for Ronnie.
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roxy just cant leave her sisters men alone
  • rustnstardustrustnstardust Posts: 40
    Forum Member

Welcome Op.☺

I absolutely love Aleks and really wanted to get behind him and Roxy together but they had zero chemistry in comparison to Roxy and Charlie I think, which is a shame, if they worked better together maybe he wouldn't be leaving.
  • Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charlie's not the only one who wishes he met Roxy first. I would probably have like them as a couple then. They seemed to have great chemistry when he was staying with Roxy after the fire, before Ronnie returned.

However, after the admittedly rushed pairing with Ronnie and the whole getting us to root for them thing, when I see Roxy and Charlie together now, all I can think is... 'king hell, here we go again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand them together. It feels so forced and cringey.

I don't understand why they made all the fuss about Charlie and Ronnie, making them out to be this great long-term couple and getting them married, when he was just going to get with Roxy a few months down the line?

It's making me despise both Charlie and Roxy and I really loved Charlie at the beginning.

It's an awful storyline - one of DTC's worst - and I really hope they realise their mistake and it's over soon.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't understand why they made all the fuss about Charlie and Ronnie, making them out to be this great long-term couple and getting them married, when he was just going to get with Roxy a few months down the line?

It's making me despise both Charlie and Roxy and I really loved Charlie at the beginning.

It's an awful storyline - one of DTC's worst - and I really hope they realise their mistake and it's over soon.

problem is they can't press the reset button which means Ronnie and Charlie are over. A waste of 6 months in 2014 down the toilet.

I agree with the poster that said Charlie and Roxy have been written into corner. Roxy will survive the chop because she as for so long but I can see Charlie axed sooner or later.

Also, Roxy and Sharon looked more like sisters tonight with their awful hair extension!
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    X-Digit-Xx wrote: »
    I reall like Roxy, so it's nice to see more of her. But ughh this is stupid that they are doing this again. I mean to shit on your sister once is bad enough, but twice???

Also really have gone off Charlie now. All that fuss that he loved Ronnie last year!

I agree, it's like groundhog day, very tedious...roxy will be pregnant soon no doubt...with yet another who's the dad scenarios

And how cruel to sh*g your comatose wife's sister
  • Natalie360Natalie360 Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Honestly, this storyline gives me a headache...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member

I agree with this completely..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »
    problem is they can't press the reset button which means Ronnie and Charlie are over. A waste of 6 months in 2014 down the toilet.

I agree with the poster that said Charlie and Roxy have been written into corner. Roxy will survive the chop because she as for so long but I can see Charlie axed sooner or later.

Also, Roxy and Sharon looked more like sisters tonight with their awful hair extension!

I know, it's a shame it's ruined Charlie and Ronnie because I thought they were a really great couple.

As long as Charlie doesn't end up with Roxy, I think he could survive the chop. I think him and Roxy staying together long term would destroy his character though.

It always surprises me that DTC is doing this to Ronnie and Roxy again when he created the characters.
    I had high hopes for both characters when DTC became executive producer, but I'm really not impressed.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    I'm anti-Roxy and Charlie. People have made some very good posts on the subject already. I'll chip in and say I also think it sort of demeans Nasty Nick's swansong. I thought the whole point of the New Year drama was that Charlie loved Ronnie so much (so much, in fact, that he would have put her life before his unborn child's), and his own father was to blame for her being on the bring of death. Now it's all 'm'eh, didn't love her that much after all, gimme her sis instead'. Weird.