Options

Children in Comic Shop!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
Forum Member
I was with my inlaws in Brighton this weekend and went to Dave's Comic Shop which was fab (free plug over).

But I was amazed... there were kids there buying comic books. It's been ages I've seen that in the Central London Forbidden Planet.

Shame they were buying Marvel though :(

But I bought DC Showcase presents Flash Vol 3 which is brilliant!:)

Comments

• Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Shame they were lining Mickey Mouse's pockets... :):(;) (mixed feelings)
  • Options
    tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kids buying comics is good news no matter what comics they're buying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree. I was just trying to make a joke out of the fact Disney are buying Marvel. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    what, there's a comic book shop in Birghton?
    whenever I'm there I pick up XMen from Bric-a-Brac, never realised there was a shop there, where is it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    5 Sydney Street BN1 4EN - not far from the train station according to the map.

http://davescomicsuk.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    excellent, thank you

my favourite comic book shop is Megacity Comics in Camden, that's where I stock up on 80s/90s comics, it's usually teens/adults in there, same with Forbidden Planet, but I tend to go there for their sale. I picked up Batman Strange Apparations there for 2 quid, which I loved
  • Options
    hankmoodyhankmoody Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent! It's always great when fresh blood is thrown into the mix. Now all we have to do is shed the stigma and perception of being pedantic dweebs with no sex life.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    I always love seeing kids in my local comic shop, mainly they are looking at the simpsons or star wars stuff, but occasionally one or two will wander over to the comics and check them out. hope they start to love them as much as we do!