US 'X-Factor' Judge Cheryl Cole REPLACED by Nicole Scherzinger

1252627282931»

Comments

• SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Her accent should not have been a problem.

The USA surely has the technology for sub-titles:rolleyes:
  • Charlie ChuckCharlie Chuck Posts: 2,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've no idea why this wasn't a hit for Nicole...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUo0A3hUB9E
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would bet any amount of money, that if Simon could turn the clock back, he would forget any thought of bringing X-factor to the States. Its been one huge disaster. It must have seemed a good idea at the time. Idol on the wane.... so no threat there.........no other show like it.....and I am sure he imagined the best of the best knocking on his door begging for a seat on the judging panel.

Instead... Idol comes back like Lazarus from the dead with the extra sting that this all happens after his departure (a massive hint there if only he had listened).

The Voice starts with a top notch panel of judges......

and.........very obviously NO ONE is beating his door down to be on the panel.

Hence........the frankly embarrassing 11th hour desperation tactic of resurrecting the "SAULA" franchise........LA Reid and Cheryl, totally unknown in the States. No wonder FOX were getting edgy.. so much money is riding on this.

It all smacks of panic decisions, not thought out at all, including the shafting of Cheryl. Its not as if she was shafted for Madonna or Beyonce.......THAT might have made sense.......but Nicole !!!!!!!! More desperation.

Added to that he has the UK version to sort out.....and he still needs to be on the panel of BGT when it goes live.

I actually would worry for him health wise at this point. This is the sort of pressure that could bring on a heart attack.....he is doing far too much and at the moment......none of it seems to be being done very well at all.

Cheryl is probably sitting back with her people literally naming her price to come back to the UK version, and she will get a lot of sympathy. Its Simon who is not coming out of this at all well from every angle. Perhaps his days as the top dog are finally on the wane.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't say I'm heartbroken over it. I don't hate Cheryl, but I'm just not sure that she was the best choice in the first place. Besides, she and Paula are both Simon's buddy, so you really can't have them both on the panel. I think Cheryl was hyped up too much as well. She's talented and she's pretty, but not enough for all the hype she was getting.

I don't know if Nicole Scherzinger will be any better or not.
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    I've no idea why this wasn't a hit for Nicole...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUo0A3hUB9E

Maybe because she sings the same line for 5 mins ?

It's not really the type of music which is popular in America.
  • latenightermelatenighterme Posts: 859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leanna1989 wrote: »
    I can't say I'm heartbroken over it. I don't hate Cheryl, but I'm just not sure that she was the best choice in the first place. Besides, she and Paula are both Simon's buddy, so you really can't have them both on the panel. I think Cheryl was hyped up too much as well. She's talented and she's pretty, but not enough for all the hype she was getting.

Total agreement. Here in the States, Cheryl is completely unknown. Add to that her endearing but difficult to easily understand Geordie accent, and it's not going to matter how talented or pretty she is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mozitski wrote: »
    TMZ Is going crazy about Cheryl's departure, the US really did like her:

http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/26/cheryl-cole-fired-x-factor-simon-cowell-bad-british-accents-tmz-on-tv/

It depends on how you define "the US really did like her." Most Americans probably did know much about her.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Cowell may well come to regret asking Cheryl Cole to join the US X Factor.

If Cheryl doesn't end up back on the British show and Cowell continues to strut around in America and in the UK as if he's the same mega rich Mr Perfect who can always walk on water I suspect the viewers and the public may well turn against him and his shows.

I wouldn't be surprised if this starts the demise of his career rather than Cheryl Cole's. It would be no more than he deserves in view of how he's treated her.
    What is the point of Simon Cowell if he's not prepared to prove his mettle by defending and arguing his case for people like Cheryl Cole who he supposedly was so desperate to have on the US X Factor?

As far as I can see he's a spineless fool who is destined in a year or two to be living off his millions with his TV career in tatters.
    Without Simon Cowell Cheryl would just be the girl who was the gobby one who couldn't in a manufactured girl group who got cheated on by her husband. Simon elevated Cheryl to astronomical heights in the UK and he took a massive chance on her in the US. There are many, many people who would love to be picked for the US judging role and Simon chose Cheryl because he believed in her and fought for her. Simon has cast aside loads of people but he has never shown such favour for anyone before as he has shown for Cheryl.

He gave her the biggest opportunity of her life and she simply wasn't good enough to full fill it. I will blame Simon for a lot of things but Cheryl's failure in the US wasn't one of them. Cheryl simply didn't have enough class or sophistication to cut it in the US and people can blame it on her accent/homesickness/Simon all they want but it won't change things. She is a UK tabloid star, nothing more. In the US, without the back story and only herself to rely on, she fell flat on her face.
  • frostfrost Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not really the type of music which is popular in America.

Screw America then. Poison is a great track.
  • loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i was saying the other day shania twain would've been perfect, talented and has been in the industry for years plus country because is huge there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loveloveX wrote: »
    i was saying the other day shania twain would've been perfect, talented and has been in the industry for years plus country because is huge there.

I agree that her, or at least some country star, would be good. In The Voice, the artists mentor the singers they choose, and they have a country star named Blake Shelton. The other artists have their own areas of expertise. I think it helps to have a variety of expertise on the board.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vika4343 wrote: »
    I wonder what Nadine Coyle thinks of this...

Well seeing as her career isnt exactly doing well either i would think she shouldnt be thinking anything!;)