BB cream?

AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm being a bit thick I know, but what does BB stand for?:o It just looks like tinted moisturiser to me.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :) I wondered the exact same thing a few months ago- I asked in a thread on here where it had been mentioned and didn't get a response (not that I saw anyway).

Its Blemish Balm, or Beauty Balm. Both are same thing.
    Its a very good tinted moisturiser* in brief.

I purchased one by Loreal out of curiosity and I'm honestly in love with the stuff now.

*it also contains SPF and other magic things, so its inbetween a tinted moisturiser and a light foundation I guess.
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, much appreciated :) I usually use Olay's Touch of Foundation, but I'll give this BB stuff a go, seeing as everyone is raving about it.
  • ChickenWingsChickenWings Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blemish balm.

I wouldn't bother trying it to be honest, it's pretty awful stuff from my experience. To be honest this product was always gonna be a disaster - trying to be a moisturiser/SPF lotion/tinted moisturiser/foundation all in one was never going to end well. In my experience, a lot of the BB creams we have over here in the UK are greasy (I was shocked to find many of them contain mineral oil - I thought we were back in the 80s for a second there... - I do not use mineral oil on my face, ever), offer very, very limited coverage if any at all (so do not cover 99.99% of blemishes - and this is coming from someone who has very few these days thanks to Roaccutane) and usually make your skin look worse rather than any better. Coupled with the SPF included and they flash back and look gross in photos too.

I'd recommend a decent moisturiser and foundation instead. Having all your product in one tube seems a cheap, convenient way of delivering a product without expense/hassle, but in practicality it just doesn't seem to work, at least not at the cheap drugstore end of things. I've heard good things about higher end BB creams, but to be honest, if I'm paying £40 I'd rather just get a good moisturiser/foundation instead rather than something so gimmicky.

MAC face and body foundation is a great lightweight, hardly visible foundation that I'd recommend instead - it goes on like slightly colored, slightly translucent water. It also beats BB cream for me - it has no SPF so looks better in photos without any flashback, and is much more buildable - one coat will give you barely any coverage, something like a tinted moisturiser, but you can put on 2 or 3 coats to get buildable coverage still without looking like foundation. I don't bother building it - I just do one light coat with a high coverage concealer and good powder to boot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    I love using The Faceshop's aqua tinted and power perfection BB cream. I use these two because it does not leave a "heavy" feeling on my face, has great coverage and my skin does not break out. It is easy to remove too.
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    I use CC cream - offers more coverage than BB cream, I actually love it.