Options

Sick to Death of Andrea

NELLIENASHNELLIENASH Posts: 932
Forum Member
✭✭
I have truly had all I can take of Andrea.

I was so pleased Simon gave an honest piece of feedback.

His facialc expressions and intesnity make him look like he is on the toilet.

He is not that good, does the same every week and wish the public would tire of him.

Would love him to go before the final - unlikely but still don't think he'll win.

Comments

• Options
    researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he'll win but he knocks spots off everyone else and has done from the start. Apart from him this is by far the worse year in the show's history.
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,235
    Forum Member
    Wow I don't get the Andrea hate at all, he is definitely miles better than most of the other acts but in saying that I have a soft spot for Lauren, Ben, Only the Young & Stevi

just remember when you listen to his CD you don't have to look at him :)
  • Options
    Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrea is outstanding. One of the most talented contestants the show has ever had.
  • Options
    Red22Red22 Posts: 2,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xfactor should be lucky to have him, IMO he's up there with Leona talent wise
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    I don't think he'll win but he knocks spots off everyone else and has done from the start. Apart from him this is by far the worse year in the show's history.

I thought last year was the worst, or to be fair, the less exciting. I found Tamera irritating, Nicholas boring, Luke dull, Rough Copy annoying, and Sam old-fashioned. This year is much better in terms of entertainment, not to mention there are so many good looking people on board also, both boys and girls.
  • Options
    delzdelz Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't you turn over when he comes on if he bothers you that much :D

I am only watching for Andrea, I think he is great :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    He reminds me of Nicholas McDonald... he sings beautifully and that's all, he's not good at somethin else, at showing an enjoyable body language for instance. As a matter of fact, it's really important for a performer which his fan think is going to sell millions copies of album right?
  • Options
    KittygodfreeKittygodfree Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These were the things levelled at paul akister great voice but nothing else however andrea is still in so he must appeal on some levels
  • Options
    red_amberred_amber Posts: 1,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red22 wrote: »
    Xfactor should be lucky to have him, IMO he's up there with Leona talent wise

LOL:D Not even close!
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow I don't get the Andrea hate at all, he is definitely miles better than most of the other acts but in saying that I have a soft spot for Lauren, Ben, Only the Young & Stevi

just remember when you listen to his CD you don't have to look at him :)

Don't you like Fleur then? Funny that.

Andrea has an exceptional voice, I kinda wish he had gone on BGT as he would have stormed it and become basically Boyle 2.0.
  • Options
    ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His nasal, whiny, grunty-groany thing he does on the big notes reminds me of James Arthur. When he reigns it in and sings, he's great, then he just blows it with the braying and shouting.
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member

Andrea has an exceptional voice, I kinda wish he had gone on BGT as he would have stormed it and become basically Boyle 2.0.

no-one is ever going to be Boyle 2.0 as its basically impossible to re-create the shock value of her initial audition and the resultant publicity

do you really think if andrea was on BGT that he would end up getting invited to go on Oprah, or the equivalent, on the back of it

and I am by no means a fan of hers so have no ulterior motive in this post
  • Options
    Stan_BStan_B Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just don't enjoy watching or listening to Andrea....and I don't know where he is going to fit into the current marketplace. I can't think of a single recently charted song that he could realistically record as well as the current singer.
  • Options
    cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he would've been better on BGT as the more I see him the more I get bored of him
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,235
    Forum Member

Nope not a fan of Fleur. ive said very early on she isn't as good as the show or some people think, her voice is weak & she over raps and her forum supporters have totally put me off her.

Im also not a big fan of Stereo kicks if you're interested as well ;P
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrea has a lot more in his bag than x factor is showing you, They seem to be pushing the 'diva' side of things but he is so much more than that.
  • Options
    AmusedmooseAmusedmoose Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shame to see such a hate filled topic for someone who doesn't deserve it. He's a great talent and a really sweet harmless guy. Genuinely bemused at how anyone could be so negative about him.
  • Options
    Donna65Donna65 Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JazzyJaney wrote: »
    It's a shame to see such a hate filled topic for someone who doesn't deserve it. He's a great talent and a really sweet harmless guy. Genuinely bemused at how anyone could be so negative about him.

Totally agree with you Janey. Even if he's not people's favourite, why do they have to be so nasty about him, when he's such a lovely guy? He's got a great voice and I look forward to him singing every week, but it's his sweet personality that makes me really love him. Watching his video clip every week usually brings a tear to my eye, especially when he went back to see his family in Italy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The hatred is bizarre but that's people for you! He's a wonderful talent, by far the best singer - but he won't win.

If he was British, maybe a different story but I think people will connect more with some of the other contestants and this is a popularity contest, not a singing contest and no one should be naive enough to think otherwise.

He does pull annoying faces though ;-)
  • Options
    David JamesDavid James Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    XFactor and Britain's Got Talent judges go weak at the knees when a 'classical' singer comes before them. Can you believe Louis even mentioned Pavarotti in the same breath. At least Rhydian tried to vary things, had a far better voice but still failed to make it in his apparent first love of opera. Andrea would not even get on the starting line of opera.
  • Options
    IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit harsh, he's a little bland for my taste, but he's a good singer and a nice guy. i don't get the problem with him:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    XFactor and Britain's Got Talent judges go weak at the knees when a 'classical' singer comes before them. Can you believe Louis even mentioned Pavarotti in the same breath. At least Rhydian tried to vary things, had a far better voice but still failed to make it in his apparent first love of opera. Andrea would not even get on the starting line of opera.

Dont think Andreas ever professed to do opera/classical, he wants to do soul/gospel which I can really see him doing. Xfactor are pushing the 'diva' side of things.

I know Andreas voice is not everyones cup of tea, wouldn't the world be a boring place if we all liked the same thing, but he is a genuinely nice guy and don't get the negativity that some people have towards him.
  • Options
    rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member

Um, Rhydian was never an opera singer. He's classically trained and has never aspired or trained to be an opera singer.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get what some people want...

People dislike you if...

- You are a bad singer
    - You're a novelty act
    - You rap
    - You sing ballads every week, and people complain that they don't do a faster song
    - You sing fast songs, but people complain that they don't sing ballads
    - You are shy... "this person is so dull"
    - You are loud and have personality, "this person is so cocky and irritating"
    - You're not British
    - You play a guitar
    - You stand still when your singing
    - You dance too much
    - You have a Diana Vickers type voice
    - You have a shouty diva voice
    - You pull faces when singing
    - You show no emotion whatsoever when singing

What do people want?

If we base it on VOICE, then Andrea is the best there.
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is adorable and such a powerful voice.

He always comes across as really sweet and likeable.

Probably peaked too soon and not sure he would set the charts a light but really enjoy him on the show.