Options

Anna Windass - CS

13»

Comments

• Options
    fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they definitely weren't married. In fact it was one of their minor story lines that Eddie wanted to marry but Anna didn't. I guess she just took his name for ease what with them having a son. As far as I know unmarried couples can adopt though I agree it became a bit daft when Anna still was able to adopt after it was actually her and Eddie that originally applied.

unmarried couples can definitely adopt if they have a long term, stable relationship. its likely if you were in a position that your partner left you while you were applying to adopt, SS would put your application on hold while you got your head round it and readjusted to practical things like living on one salary.

but iirc Faye had already been placed when Eddie left, so maybe SS deemed it was better her staying with Anna than being taken back into care while they found another home for her. plus there are not many people wanting to adopt older children and they may have been trying to place her for some time, so thought her staying with a single parent was better than her never being placed at all.
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wotnot wrote: »
    I am afraid I do, there are so many complications other than just Faye having sex underage that I do believe they need support and I believe that keeping the baby that Faye doesn't really want and isn't mature enough to be responsible for can only make things worse. The fact that everything in Fayes behaviour is a direct reaction to the guilt that she feels towards her 'mother' (couldn't tell her about the pregnancy because she already had enough on her plate, keep the baby because Anna wants her too, feels guilty because Owen left) is indicative that intervention is required. I really do think Anna is more than overbearing, she's controlling and manipulative.

I really don't think Anna is clever or devious enough for that. She tends to act impulsively or instinctively which is the opposite of how you describe her. Many of her decisions are not well-thought out, but she on the whole is well-meaning though often misguided imo. The idea that Social Services would intervene is way OTT. They have enough to do with proper abuse and neglect.

The situation is tangled one to which there is no one easy solution, which is fairly realistic for Corrie!
  • Options
    PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    Hypocritical old fishwife, tells Owen to go as she don't love him anymore and is then blubbering to others about how she's missing him !!!!!!

Same as David telling kylie to go and never darken his door again and days later is searching for her acting as if she left him and he loves her and wants her back.
    Agree totally with your points about Anna.
    Owen, for all his faults, had the right idea....... Anna has let her have her own way far too much in the past.
    I can't believe that Soc Services have paid such a little part. Surely they should be around so much more........ a 12 year old has had a baby, for God's sake!!
  • Options
    PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    What happens if Faye eventually wants the baby adopted?
    Can Anna keep the baby and bring her up as "Faye's Sister"?
    I don't know about such things, so maybe someone can throw a bit of light on this query.
  • Options
    craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't think Anna is clever or devious enough for that. She tends to act impulsively or instinctively which is the opposite of how you describe her. Many of her decisions are not well-thought out, but she on the whole is well-meaning though often misguided imo. The idea that Social Services would intervene is way OTT. They have enough to do with proper abuse and neglect.

The situation is tangled one to which there is no one easy solution, which is fairly realistic for Corrie!

Agree with this 100% but I am an Anna fan and find it difficult to see the worst in her.

Her behaviour after the Roy attack on Gary was despicable but despite Gary bringing it on himself, she was right, Roy could have killed Gary, and most mothers would find that hard to even imagine!
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    It is The Hat Stuart Blackburn who has ruined the character of Anna. The sooner he goes the better.
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Yes they definitely weren't married. In fact it was one of their minor story lines that Eddie wanted to marry but Anna didn't. I guess she just took his name for ease what with them having a son. As far as I know unmarried couples can adopt though I agree it became a bit daft when Anna still was able to adopt after it was actually her and Eddie that originally applied.
    Looking it up, it seems that the law was changed some time ago so that unmarried couples can adopt together instead of the child being "registered" to only one of them.
    I am very glad of this because the old way seemed to be starting the adoption off on the wrong foot.
    wotnot wrote: »
    I am afraid I do, there are so many complications other than just Faye having sex underage that I do believe they need support and I believe that keeping the baby that Faye doesn't really want and isn't mature enough to be responsible for can only make things worse. The fact that everything in Fayes behaviour is a direct reaction to the guilt that she feels towards her 'mother' (couldn't tell her about the pregnancy because she already had enough on her plate, keep the baby because Anna wants her too, feels guilty because Owen left) is indicative that intervention is required. I really do think Anna is more than overbearing, she's controlling and manipulative.

I think adoption should be considered as a viable option rather than a last resort. It is important for the baby that she she is loved and wanted and adoption would provide that if Faye will allow it.
    Babies are sometimes placed with the family who are applying to adopt them straight away, so they are "home" right from the start rather than being "in care"

I am not sure if Anna is manipulative or not. :confused: On the one hand she might have got rid of Owen in case he pushed for adoption, but on the other hand she would be more likely to be allowed to keep the baby if they presented a stable home with enough money, in which case she would be better off keeping Owen?
    Popsiemia wrote: »
    What happens if Faye eventually wants the baby adopted?
    Can Anna keep the baby and bring her up as "Faye's Sister"?
    I don't know about such things, so maybe someone can throw a bit of light on this query.
    I am interested in what would happen too. It would seem very cruel to Faye to bring her up alongside the baby she cant look after herself.
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    It is The Hat Stuart Blackburn who has ruined the character of Anna. The sooner he goes the better.

She was ruined right at the start when she thought it was a great idea to swindle one of Gail's husbands out of the money for their new kitchen.

(why were they getting a new kitchen in a rented house? :confused:)