Options

Sony KDL40W2000 connecting to RDR-HXD870

We are now the proud owner of these 2 pieces of equipment plus a existing Humax 9200T. My question is, what is the best way to connect them together? I have tried a few cable combinations and am trying to achieve the same automatic sequence as I had with my old Sony CRT. Namely, when you turn on the PVR it swaps input to the correct AV channel and when PVR turned off, TV returns to live broadcast.

I have tired connecting with either and both HDMI and SCART to the RDR-HXD870 and SCART only to Humax as before but without luck. What settings should I be looking for on the KDL (there are SO many to choose from) or which of the various SCARTS?

Ta Andrew

Comments

• Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,517
    Forum Member
    As the 870 has HDMI, it makes sense to connect it via that, the Humax via RGB SCART, and a SCART lead from the Humax to the 870 so you can dub from the Humax to DVD.

However, HDMI doesn't do automatic switching, so you need to manually select HDMI.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Nigel thanks for you reply.

I will change 1 SCART as you suggest so can copy between the PVRs but it doesn’t solve the main problem of the TV changing inputs as each SCART device is turned on or off. It did work on old CRT but shouldn’t it work on modern LCD TVs?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,087
    Forum Member
    it should in theory.........

are your scarts fully pinned?

is there a menu in your machines to switch on scart control?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Fully pined as far as I know (same as I used before).

I will take a look again for that phrase.

Ta