Louis is right: What's the point of themes if no one sticks to them?

Mr. ChipsMr. Chips Posts: 529
Forum Member
✭✭
We had Jamie singing u2 last week for the swing theme and Lloyd singing Katyperry for rock week. Simon can argue all he wants but what's the point in having set themes if contestants (or should that be judges) won't stick to them. I hate it when they say 'the arrangement has been changed'. Yes it may have been changed but it's still a totally different music genre!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Agreed, they should just get rid of the themes
  • Mr BlondeMr Blonde Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From now on any act ducking themes should be deducted 1 million votes...
  • JonJonBJonJonB Posts: 2,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought at the start Dermot said any song by any artist, but sung in a rock style. It seemed more to be any rock song but sung in a High School Musical style for most of the performers.
  • trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is right, but a hypocritical right considering his song choice for J&E last week
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have to agree.

its funny, i've agreed with almost EVERYTHING louis' said so far this series! particularly about lloyd not being good enough for a solo singer.
  • janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Louis is absolutely right.

I have really warmed to Louis this year, no idea why but he is now my second fav judge behind Dannii.
  • PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Blonde wrote: »
    From now on any act ducking themes should be deducted 1 million votes...

Too good for them.

Nothing sort of bringing back hanging. National crime on a par with high treason.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    Sam4God wrote: »
    i have to agree.

its funny, i've agreed with almost EVERYTHING louis' said so far this series! particularly about lloyd not being good enough for a solo singer.

Me too. :eek:

Funny coz i used to think he talked rubbish but i keep finding myself agreeing with him :)
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    Mr. Chips wrote: »
    We had Jamie singing u2 last week for the swing theme and Lloyd singing Katyperry for rock week. Simon can argue all he wants but what's the point in having set themes if contestants (or should that be judges) won't stick to them. I hate it when they say 'the arrangement has been changed'. Yes it may have been changed but it's still a totally different music genre!
    Well I wouldnt call SHE BANGS a big band number:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely hated Louis last year for voting out Austin and Laura, but this year, I agree with everything he says and I'm liking how he's making Simon look like a fool.
  • Dub1Dub1 Posts: 5,959
    Forum Member
    He is right, but a hypocritical right considering his song choice for J&E last week

Ricky Martin recorded `She Bangs` with the backing of a Big Band.

So not really hypocritical at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon "since when did you start making the rules":rolleyes:
    For God's sake Simon created the show and decided to have themed weeks, then he acts like Louis' being boring for pointing the rules out:rolleyes:
    I know Louis' hypocritical because of his choices but doesn't Simon remember when he made the show!!!
  • ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis is a hypocrite. When it suits him to choose songs that aren't of the theme, it's OK, when the others do it, it's wrong. And I don't believe he's as nice as people make out. He's the one who started all the Danyl is nasty business and look how he treated Dannii last year. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.