Anyone else think the launch night twist is pointless?

Comments

• CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    llamajohn wrote: »
    I don't see it as much of a twist but it's different, won't affect who is going in the house :)

If it's true that all 80/90 of them had to quit their jobs though :eek: very mean.

I would imagine it would result in all those who have serious jobs wouldn't agree to do it which kind of reduces the pool. But then most hms in the past haven't had any type of job they have seemed that bothered about leaving or losing.
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt

At least the papers won't spoil who is going in as they are as much in the dark as we are

And it will be mildy amusing watching the disappointment of those not going in who wanted to go in for their bit of fame

Just hope the 12-14 who are going in will be a decent final bunch who won't be sitting around counting down the days till they get out to their 'deals'
  • Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Videostar wrote: »
    I like seeing disappointment in peoples faces as they see their dreams shattered. :)

Yep - it's like 70 odd evictions in one go!

I don't see the harm in it, in fact, I don't even see it as a twist.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are going to do an eating Bush Tucker Trial
  • livefeed24/7nowlivefeed24/7now Posts: 8,801
    Forum Member
    i'm glad they are trying something different on the opening night
    won't know if it's pointless until it's happened
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think there's any harm in it, it will be good not to know who is going in before the launch for once, mind you I don't think i could class it as a twist really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would the twist be weighted towards the people they want in (like skinny people through a small hole) or a genuine twist where it is fair for everyone?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44,323
    Forum Member
    it's_me wrote: »
    Would the twist be weighted towards the people they want in (like skinny people through a small hole) or a genuine twist where it is fair for everyone?
    :confused:

There is no 'twist', they will know who they are putting in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,751
    Forum Member
    I'm not trying to be negative here lol, but i've just been reading the details for the launch night twist, and...how pointless does it sound? 80-90 hopefuls appear and the final few's names get called out and they go in? :confused::confused:

What?! That's just pointless lol! Please tell me i'm not the only one thinking this? lol

it's good that the tabloids haven't got wind of who is going in this year though , so it's good
  • mangomoonmangomoon Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They say they know some and not others. So I don't know if they just haven't made up their mind about who else to put in yet, or if they're going to do some of them randomly :confused:
  • MRLUVALUVAMRLUVALUVA Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jaydogz wrote: »
    Thats fair enough CLL
    But it makes a change from the car rolling up, the walk, the boos or cheers, though tbh i dont see how the crowd wont do that anyway as it will be live.

PEJ said "They will still walk in individually and get their own walk into the house. They are just not pulling up in cars, getting booed or cheered. We are doing it in a slightly different way.

So will there actually be a live crowd around them on launch night?
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the twist might actually work if its say 20 people for 16 slots. But if I was a member of the 100, i'd resign myself to not going in as soon as I saw 99 other people because odds are your not going in when its that many.

If there were 20 of you, its more likely you would get one of the slots and go in, plus its all the more painful for the four who miss out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MRLUVALUVA wrote: »
    PEJ said "They will still walk in individually and get their own walk into the house. They are just not pulling up in cars, getting booed or cheered. We are doing it in a slightly different way.

So will there actually be a live crowd around them on launch night?

There must be a crowd because i've been offered tickets.
  • xmel05xmel05 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    I think the launch night will actually be really good, i think they will make it better than we think they will.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mangomoon wrote: »
    There must be a crowd because i've been offered tickets.

What I mean is, will the crowd be held in a separate area to where the potential HM's will be?
  • 027huds027huds Posts: 12,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's a good addition to the launch night, without completely buggering it up with some sort of noms or cast twist like they have the past few years. I am just very glad it doesn't effect the first week and is just a basic sort of thing, which I much prefer.

I think this is the closest we will get to just a launch show, where the housemates just go in and there is no "thingies on a secret mission", "so and so isn't really a couple" etc. rubbish. For that I'm glad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MRLUVALUVA wrote: »
    What I mean is, will the crowd be held in a separate area to where the potential HM's will be?

oh sorry :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mangomoon wrote: »
    oh sorry :)

Lol. I most probably didn't explain myself clearly enough. I suppose we will find out soon enough anyhow. Only 3 days to go. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the launch night twist is a bit strange. I don't really understand the point of it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    michael777 wrote: »
    I think the launch night twist is a bit strange. I don't really understand the point of it.

I think it's probably solely for the benefit of the participants not for the benefit of us voyeuristic viewers. Twists never exactly work for the viewer, more often than not they're leaked first...totally pointless in my opinion.
  • Sue Ellen EwingSue Ellen Ewing Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How dreadful for the people not chosen. I would have been beside myself. I don't think if given the chance I would take part in such a thing.

Awful to watch as well, puts me in mind of Sophie's choice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big Brother is pointless - since Series 3.

TV for the bored/boring!!
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    How dreadful for the people not chosen. I would have been beside myself. I don't think if given the chance I would take part in such a thing.

Awful to watch as well, puts me in mind of Sophie's choice.

Because not getting into the BB house is exactly like having to choose which of your children will go to the gas chamber.

Utterly idiotic statement.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    Big Brother is pointless - since Series 3.

TV for the bored/boring!!

So posting in the BB forum makes you.... :p
  • funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    So will all these people be in hiding or is there no point. They normally struggle to keep 12 people apart during the whole audition process so lord knows how well this bunch will know one another
    !