Options

Home Alone series

HMOHMO Posts: 42,227
Forum Member
Anyone remember the Home Alone series?

I believe the first two were the best, the other two didn't live up to it, especially without Macaulay Culkin.

Comments

• Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remember them?! I grew up with the films!! First two were the best, the third I've seen and didn't like, haven't seen any others. I watched the second yesterday actually. Love them
  • Options
    MerryBerryMerryBerry Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    I love the first two. Not even sure I've seen any of the others.. maybe one... They still make me laugh out loud now. I love Marv - very funny chap.

I introduced my daughter to them over Christmas and she absolutely loved them. She now has plans drawn up of how to trap any burgulars should they break in. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Agree that the first two were the best. The third one was just a bit random though, with their sudden changing of the characters involved out of nowhere. It didn't really make sense.
  • Options
    Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Anyone remember the Home Alone series?

I believe the first two were the best, the other two didn't live up to it, especially without Macaulay Culkin.

Yep.

The first film was great. The second had a feel of 'obvious cash-in' about it. The third was ludicrous - a gang of high-tech criminals thwarted by a child even younger than Culkin. I did not see the fourth, but can't imagine it was any better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think I'll ever forget the bit when the guy takes an iron in the face. One of the funniest things I ever seen.
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    JMan22 wrote: »
    Agree that the first two were the best. The third one was just a bit random though, with their sudden changing of the characters involved out of nowhere. It didn't really make sense.

They wanted to shoot #2 and #3 back to back but the film company said no and only #2 was made using the original cast.

#4 is utter tripe and only the first 2 will be mentioned by me from now on, the others didn't happen;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    first 2 were great. 3 and 4 were horrible. number 5 which has been announced sounds like it will quickly be put onto the worst films of all time list
  • Options
    JESS24JESS24 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    Love the first two. I used to watch them all the time when I was younger! Might watch them again soon :)
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, they're making another movie... As if 3 and 4 weren't terrible enough they're making another made for TV/direct to DVD trash fest. Honestly... just stop. Please.
  • Options
    Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first two are always a must at christmas :D
  • Options
    0lly0lly Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    I love the first two. I like to pretend the other two don't exist.

Oh, and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8RsGLGDj2A
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Agreed that the first two are the best, I don't think I've bothered with the rest of them :o
  • Options
    soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely love the first two movies and could happily watch them many times over, I still have the original video cassettes. I remember being so disappointed though when learning that the film he watches on tv in HA1 wasn't real and had just been created for that particular scene.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me there is only 2 movies which were amazing i refuse to believe there are more after that! ;)
  • Options
    Fear of FoursFear of Fours Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first two are pretty much fixtures in my christmas schedule every year. Home Alone 2: Lost in New York is my favourite. I don't care for those without Macaulay Culkin in.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always hope they will bring out a "Director's Cut" version of the film in which that horrible child gets the shit kicked out of him by Joe Pesci and his mate.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 4th one is SHOCKING. :eek:

'Kevin' has a new actor, and is only living with ONE brother and sister ('Buzz' who also got re-cast and another girl), the parents both got re-cast and then 'Marv' returns (again, re-cast) with his 'wife'. The whole "break in" part of the movie has about two pranks and then it's over. There's no humour, no tension, nothing. It's just plain bizzarre.
  • Options
    ParoFlameParoFlame Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Home Alone 1 and 2 were the best for sure
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    ParoFlame wrote: »
    Home Alone 1 and 2 were the best for sure

these have just been on film 4 now...I watched the second one, tis funny :D
  • Options
    MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 and 2 were great.

I watched about 20 minutes of the 3rd and switched over that was enough. I bought Home Alone 1 & 2 on DVD in a box set even though the box set containing all 4 was the same price.
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,227
    Forum Member
    Has a fifth film really been announced? It'll only do well if it has the original cast, maybe a 'grown-up' version of Kevin is what it should focus on.
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The film is going to be called 'Home Alone 5 - Alone In The Dark' & it looks as if it's going to be a tv movie.

Storyline
    In “Home Alone 5: Alone in the Dark” eight-year-old Finn is terrified to learn his family is
    relocating from sunny California to Maine, and the scariest house he has ever seen! Convinced that his new house is haunted, Finn sets up a series of elaborate traps to catch the “ghost” in action. Left home alone with his sister while their parents are stranded across town, Finn’s traps catch a new target – a group of thieves who have targeted Finn’s house.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/home-alone-5-greenlit-for-abc-family/
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    I love the first two. Watching Daniel Stern and Joe Pesci get pummelled never gets old.

I had only vaguely heard of the third one. I had no idea a fourth even existed.
  • Options
    uzzybuzzyuzzybuzzy Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite scene is where Kevin throws the bricks off the roof in Home Alone 2. Never fails to make me laugh.