Options

Andre's "suffering" (part 2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    I bet the producers are pleased with him promoting their film with every breath/mag deal. Have any of the actors doing the voices promoted this film? I've not come across anything about them. I've not heard anything from Danny Elfman regarding all of his songs in the film. If it wasn't for Peter Andre I wouldn't even know there was a film...so he has done a wonderful job at promotion for him and the film.

TBH I dont think they are pleased or they would have included him somewhere on the sound track, I think they bought into the image he sold them until they came across all his distasteful baggage, which is not the kind of stuff they want their production to be associated with, paternity leave my ****** hes gone into hiding to lick his wounds and avoid questions about his big musical film break
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucky Amelia has already heard Pete's vocal skills - the dad-of-three sometimes likes to sing sweet Greek lullabies to her.

'She hears the song and she just loves it. I've never done that before, Greek music,' says Peter.

'Some slow Greek songs are beautiful. I don't necessarily sing normally, though, because I don't want her to cry.'

http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celebrity-news/551382/peter-andre-i-sing-greek-lullabies-to-wriggly-baby-amelia-but-she-s-still-weed-on-me

At least he's honest. :D

Honest DD :confused: you are feeling tired arent you :D:)
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cym wrote: »
    TBH I dont think they are pleased or they would have included him somewhere on the sound track, I think they bought into the image he sold them until they came across all his distasteful baggage, which is not the kind of stuff they want their production to be associated with, paternity leave my ****** hes gone into hiding to lick his wounds and avoid questions about his big musical film break

Now that is a conspiracy theory of which I approve. ;-)
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now that is a conspiracy theory of which I approve. ;-)

Me too ;-)

Hello DD lovely to see you posting again xx
  • Options
    RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wonder whilst on paternity leave *ahem* will he be singing embolism some lovely Greek lullabies as well. How wonderful.

Or perhaps not.
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paternity leave? Is the Andre trying to get credit for something virtually all dads in the modern world do again?

Look at me, I been a good daddy, praise me :)
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member

Yep what a big joke :D
  • Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    I bet the producers are pleased with him promoting their film with every breath/mag deal. Have any of the actors doing the voices promoted this film? I've not come across anything about them. I've not heard anything from Danny Elfman regarding all of his songs in the film. If it wasn't for Peter Andre I wouldn't even know there was a film...so he has done a wonderful job at promotion for him.

Himself, possibly.
    The film itself? Nah, not so much.

jungle gym wrote: »
    I think Amelia arrived early and he had work commitments, he's taken his paternity leave as soon as he possibly could and I fail to see any reason why he is being criticised for it.

As for dressing his children in matching outfits, I thought they looked adorable and Pete looked as proud as punch.

There were plenty of celebrities at the premier with their children and they were also photographed, funny how nobody mocks them, it's always Pete people sneer at:(

Sorry, Junglegym. I appreciate that you are a fan of PA, so you tend to try to look for the positive things about him, but could you explain exactly what you think it is that he has taken paternity leave from?
    Promoting himself? No.
    Wittering to the newspapers? No.
    Waffling to magazines? No.
    Bleating on endlessly on his Channel of Cheese? No.
    Having his photo taken? Of course not.
    Allegedly he's not doing any more reality tv and 60 MM seems to have finished, so what precisely is the "job" that unemployed millionaire Peter Andre has so nobly and selflessly taken leave from?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    I'd say paternity leave from work commitments - Pete seems quite busy and is asked to do quite a lot, but most doesn't get in the press apart from local newspapers.
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    I'd say paternity leave from work commitments - Pete seems quite busy and is asked to do quite a lot, but most doesn't get in the press apart from local newspapers.

Shop openings, personal appearances ? I don't think that counts as work, a lot of personalities do that in their spare time as well as tv or acting so it's not real work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »

:confused:
    What work????
  • Options
    ValentinaVargasValentinaVargas Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Does PA ever mention his co-writer Steve Appleton of this particular song in his many interviews? Well apart from this interview one here?
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/peter-andre-fatherhood-arguing-gary-3109244

Steve Appleton seems to be under the impression that this song is the official one for the film.

Stevie Appleton
    9 February.
    Sorry for my lack of tweeting recently, been super busy writing the @MrPeterAndre album - out in May. Starting to shape up

Stevie Appleton
    9 February.
    Used at the end of the Dreamworks animation Mr Peabody & Sherman (actually a very good family film, go watch)

Stevie Appleton
    9 February.
    Check out the latest song I wrote with and for. Kid: @MrPeterAndre

Stevie Appleton
    31 January.
    Here is the direct link to the video for 'Kid', the song written by Stevie and Peter Andre as the official song for the DreamWorks movie Mr Peabody and Sherman.

https://www.facebook.com/stevieappleton/timeline
  • Options
    SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does PA ever mention his co-writer Steve Appleton of this particular song in his many interviews? Well apart from this interview one here?
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/peter-andre-fatherhood-arguing-gary-3109244

Steve Appleton seems to be under the impression that this song is the official one for the film.

Stevie Appleton
    9 February.
    Sorry for my lack of tweeting recently, been super busy writing the @MrPeterAndre album - out in May. Starting to shape up

Stevie Appleton
    9 February.
    Used at the end of the Dreamworks animation Mr Peabody & Sherman (actually a very good family film, go watch)

Stevie Appleton
    9 February.
    Check out the latest song I wrote with and for. Kid: @MrPeterAndre

Stevie Appleton
    31 January.
    Here is the direct link to the video for 'Kid', the song written by Stevie and Peter Andre as the official song for the DreamWorks movie Mr Peabody and Sherman.

https://www.facebook.com/stevieappleton/timeline

Stevie and other members of the band appeared with him for a live session on Weekend Wogan where Pete acknowledged him as co-writer. They're working together on Pete's new album and are appearing with him on his tour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    Stevie and other members of the band appeared with him for a live session on Weekend Wogan where Peter acknowledged him as co-writer. They're working together on Peter's new album and are appearing with him on his tour.

How very magnanimous.
    I wonder how much of the actual song was "written" by PA and how much is down to Steve Appleton?
    Presumably PA supplied the title and left the rest to everyone else while he went for a nice lie down, or as PA calls it, paternity leave.
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How very magnanimous.
    I wonder how much of the actual song was "written" by PA and how much is down to Steve Appleton?
    Presumably PA supplied the title and left the rest to everyone else while he went for a nice lie down, or as PA calls it, paternity leave.

I see it more of a Little Britain-style scene...

radio is on the background, songwriter is at the piano, Pa is on an orange space hopper (not his ex wife), drinking a coffee, getting into his creative "space". Song comes on the radio, pa listens for a second and then shouts "I want that one!".

Job done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How very magnanimous.

That was my wording not Pete's. He said 'I wrote it with this genius here on the piano, Stevie Appleton, who's an incredible songwriter'. Why not have a listen http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01rznvz :)

The album's being released in May and he's said after his paternity leave he'll be in the studio with Stevie to record it. Other than that I think there's more 60MM and a new ITV show coming up, overseas promotion for the film, preparation for the tour ...
  • Options
    Kat_12Kat_12 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was my wording not Pete's. He said 'I wrote it with this genius here on the piano, Stevie Appleton, who's an incredible songwriter'. Why not have a listen http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01rznvz :)

The album's being released in May and he's said after his paternity leave he'll be in the studio with Stevie to record it. Other than that I think there's more 60MM and a new ITV show coming up, overseas promotion for the film, preparation for the tour ...

Again, what paternity leave is this please? And leave from what exactly?

Also, if the album's out in May and he's not in the studio yet, then he's not left himself much time, has he? Some albums take years. Then again, they are albums by legitimate artists.

I suspect his mate Steve (who can't be that great if he's collaborating with Peter Andre on a regular basis) has done all the heavy lifting re writing by now, PA will just have to warble his way through a few rubbish songs, some much needed autotune and ta-da another self-released "album" which will hover at about No. 82 for two weeks before disappearing without trace.
  • Options
    nerdgirlfromthek83nerdgirlfromthek83 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kat_12 wrote: »

Also, if the album's out in May and he's not in the studio yet, then he's not left himself much time, has he? Some albums take years. Then again, they are albums by legitimate artists.

I suspect his mate Steve (who can't be that great if he's collaborating with Peter Andre on a regular basis) has done all the heavy lifting re writing by now, PA will just have to warble his way through a few rubbish songs, some much needed autotune and ta-da another self-released "album" which will hover at about No. 82 for two weeks before disappearing without trace.

Does he have a record deal?
  • Options
    Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Amelia arrived early and he had work commitments, he's taken his paternity leave as soon as he possibly could and I fail to see any reason why he is being criticised for it.

As for dressing his children in matching outfits, I thought they looked adorable and Pete looked as proud as punch.

There were plenty of celebrities at the premier with their children and they were also photographed, funny how nobody mocks them, it's always Pete people sneer at:(

That's not quite right as Katie Price was photographed another time going to a premier of a film with her children and she was mocked ..by you in fact at well so its not just Peter Andre who gets sneered at,its because its a Peter Andre suffering thread that you only see comments about him,surely you must realise that? :confused:
  • Options
    RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How very magnanimous.

Nah, I bet there's a few 'ooooooh' and 'mmmmmmm' in that song ( I may be doing a disservice as I've not actually heard it but I'll be willing to be proved wrong if he did write more than that!) ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat_12 wrote: »

I'm not sure where your difficulty lies Kat :confused: From the interviews I've heard they've already written the songs together and after Pete's taken his 3 week break they'll be in the studio laying down the tracks. The new album will then feature in the tour which starts in September. Apart from that he has TV shows to film, the promotion work for the movie and business interests in the coffee shops & kung fu franchise. He doesn't have a 9-5 job but I think he can legitimately say he's taking paternity leave. I'm not going to get drawn into debating your dislike of his music which is irrelevant to the point.

ETA Is your quibble that he's not taking statutory paid paternity leave? Perhaps not. But CAN would have a schedule of work lined up which would have been rescheduled to allow him to have time with Emily and Amelia which is what I understood him to mean.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Himself, possibly.
    The film itself? Nah, not so much.

Sorry, Junglegym. I appreciate that you are a fan of PA, so you tend to try to look for the positive things about him, but could you explain exactly what you think it is that he has taken paternity leave from?
    Promoting himself? No.
    Wittering to the newspapers? No.
    Waffling to magazines? No.
    Bleating on endlessly on his Channel of Cheese? No.
    Having his photo taken? Of course not.
    Allegedly he's not doing any more reality tv and 60 MM seems to have finished, so what precisely is the "job" that unemployed millionaire Peter Andre has so nobly and selflessly taken leave from?

Just because it's not reported, it doesn't mean he isn't doing anything. He could be working on his new album for all we know.

Thanks for the link, thoroughly enjoyed it:)
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    That's not quite right as Katie Price was photographed another time going to a premier of a film with her children and she was mocked ..by you in fact at well so its not just Peter Andre who gets sneered at,its because its a Peter Andre suffering thread that you only see comments about him,surely you must realise that? :confused:

Yes I know the thread is about Pete but there are no rules to say everything we post about him has to be negative.
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jungle
    There is also no rule that says everything we post has to be favourable either...it's up to each poster to post what they see fit
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me too :) I think they're going to work well together.
  • Options
    Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just because it's not reported, it doesn't mean he isn't doing anything. He could be working on his new album for all we know.

Yes I know the thread is about Pete but there are no rules to say everything we post about him has to be negative.

Its not all negative -your posts are on here!
    Along with others,but to be honest unless a thread is an appreciation thread I've found most threads on showbiz are to have a good old piss take and say what people feel about a certain celeb,or zeleb in Petey's case,
    Read Chantelle Houghton,Alex Reid,Katie Price,Kerry Katona,hell even Simon Cowell they are all mostly negative ,
This discussion has been closed.