Options

Swansea City Supporters Thread

Comments

• Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    I was very happy with the point - Everton were the best team for about 75% of the match IMO - our best spell was the period before Jonjo got himself sent off, had he stayed on maybe we could have snatched the win?

I agree about the penalty, but on the balance of play I think it was a fair score.
  • Options
    denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    didn't know they now allow two goal keepers to play at same time on same team :D
    and i agree Everton were the better team but not so good as to break our spectacular defence down .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    didn't know they now allow two goal keepers to play at same time on same team :D
    and i agree Everton were the better team but not so good as to break our spectacular defence down .

The improvement in our defence this season has been quite frankly amazing.

Last season I viewed us as a team who could win by outscoring the other team, this season we still score goals but are so much more solid defensively - we have the joint second best defensive record (10 goals in 10 matches!) in the league at the moment which is crazy.

I must say Fabianski as been an absolute revelation, I feel so much more confident with him in goal he has been a massive improvement on Vorm. Fernandez also seems to be settling in well and impresses me more every game, but even when Amat was playing with Williams we were so strong defensively.
  • Options
    guttridgeguttridge Posts: 1,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi guys non swansea fan here. just wanted to ask your views on Michael Laudrup ? Was he good at your club. Do you think he should have been sack ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    guttridge wrote: »
    hi guys non swansea fan here. just wanted to ask your views on Michael Laudrup ? Was he good at your club. Do you think he should have been sack ?

Started off pretty well but for some bizzare reason he lost interest , would take holidays in between games . not show up for training etc etc .

But he signed Michu who was a revelation for us and also won us our first trophy in 100 years .

In regards to your questions , Yes he was good for us for a while and he most deffinately should have been sacked , he would have got us relegated with his lazy attitude and losing the dressing room .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Key players missing and we still beat Arsenal . Heard chambers is still trying to catch Montero haha.

Gylfi free kick was awesome . Well played the swans . But what really made it special was Alexis sanchez post on twitter last night "three points are coming to london tommorow"
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    Key players missing and we still beat Arsenal . Heard chambers is still trying to catch Montero haha.

Gylfi free kick was awesome . Well played the swans . But what really made it special was Alexis sanchez post on twitter last night "three points are coming to london tommorow"

Great result.:D

Huw Jenkins unearthed another gem in Gary Monk.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Great result :D I had a feeling the Swans would win yesterday, didn't see the match as I was working there but i watched MOTD2 and spoke to my Dad who was very impressed with Montero.

Great to see Gomis get a goal in the league and also thought Gylfi's free kick was pretty special. :)
  • Options
    guttridgeguttridge Posts: 1,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all i went ot swansea on a day trip this past weekend on a day trip and went to the football ground. just a quick Q here far was the vetch field from the new ground? Didnt get to see it . Was it from from the new ground?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi all i went ot swansea on a day trip this past weekend on a day trip and went to the football ground. just a quick Q here far was the vetch field from the new ground? Didnt get to see it . Was it from from the new ground?

The Vetch Field was a lot closer to the city centre

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Vetch+Field/@51.616618,-3.949965,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x6e9b4ef8eb9d6597
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

About 3 miles away !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Will go up to fifth tomorrow if we beat West Ham (or fourth if we thrash them!:o)

Will be a difficult match though, would be very happy with a point.
  • Options
    Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Swansea getting a bit of a kicking --

Sorry boys :-(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Chuck Wao wrote: »
    Swansea getting a bit of a kicking --

Sorry boys :-(

It was always going to be a tough game. West Ham have been the better team though we did improve in the second half. Bit unfortunate with the sending off, but hardly think it was a 'kicking'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    [
    QUOTE=OneTreeHillFan;75931239]It was always going to be a tough game. West Ham have been the better team though we did improve in the second half. Bit unfortunate with the sending off, but hardly think it was a 'kicking'.[/QUOTE

Not to worry OTHF we are sill in a v good place........though we need to start killing games off when we go 1-0 up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree!!

Meanwhile on Michu watch he has had more ankle surgery and will be out for two months. I feel bad for him, at his age he may well never get back the form he showed under Laudrup.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is it crazy that I'm more interested in the results at the top of the table than the bottom this season? :p

Honestly not worried about relegation this season, would love to see us reach 50 points. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Predicting a 3-0 win for the Swans today, positive thinking and all that!;)
  • Options
    mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Predicting a 3-0 win for the Swans today, positive thinking and all that!;)

well seeing as liverpool are at home that will be 3-0 to them :D any other team and I'd want Swansea to win by 3 goals but not tonight
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mikeyddd wrote: »
    well seeing as liverpool are at home that will be 3-0 to them :D any other team and I'd want Swansea to win by 3 goals but not tonight

I always look forward to our matches they are usually good to watch, very open.

I think this is the best chance the Swans have had to get a result at Anfield, Liverpool are unspectacular going forward and defensively. We don't score many more goals but we are very tight at the back, no Chico theatrics this season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    WORST Swansea performance this season by some distance, going to bed grumpy!!>:(
  • Options
    mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WORST Swansea performance this season by some distance, going to bed grumpy!!>:(

Don't feel too bad, Liverpool being a pushover is a myth.
  • Options
    TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Liverpool fan in peace - I was surprised Bony didn't cause us more problems as he's the type of forward who typically bullies our defence. Having said that, Liverpool's pressing and energy rattled Swansea's usual assurance on the ball and that was key. Having said that, if that chance had been taken at 1-2, anything was possible. These were individual errors on both sides and luckily we took more advantage - always a cracking game givens however both teams play - and Jonjo evidently still thinks we pay his salary...
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't understand why bony was on the bench today. How can he not start. Very strange decision.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Couldn't understand why bony was on the bench today. How can he not start. Very strange decision.

The only reason I can come up with is that He's going to the African Nations Cup after today's game.