Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Matt_Maher wrote: »
    I'm with you on that one.
    It's like people clapping and cheering me when I get into work on time and finish for the day.

Loads more things annoy me, I need to sit down at the weekend for 20 minutes and make a list.

* People who claim to have watched every film and tv show going and listened to every band going.
    There aren't enough hours in the day, especially if you work full time, yet i've known people who seem to have seen everything. They're either lying completely or they think skimming through something counts as absorbing it.

I get that too, theres a group I go to at a certain time and for some reason everyone claps and cheers when I come in :confused: OK I'm not always very good at timekeeping but still, its not that amazing. :confused:
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jackapple wrote: »
    People who upload photos sideways on, how fuggin difficult is it to upload the thing the right way up? JEEEEZUS

A flipping nightmare when you're using Picasa. When I first started using Picasa you could just turn the photo and hey presto, FB didn't faff with it.
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Crying/weeping women with long French manicured nails attempting to wipe away tears with the tip of one finger trying not to smudge their make-up. FFS use a bl**dy tissue and be done with it!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Driver's that do 40mph or 50mph and more on 30mph roads.

Driver's who don't use indicators.

Adverts.

Some people on here.
  • goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to say this - mais c'est vrai - the French annoy me.

We helped them in 2 world wars. But, peut-etre Agincourt, Crecy, Trafalgar and Waterloo are still sore points.

They did invade us - well the Norman French did - made us serfs in our own country and our own language denegrated - but they can still have a go at the anglais - mais non! And as a northerner William the Conquerer did a lot of 'harrowing of the north' laying waste to vast tracts of land up here and killing people.

I've only ever been to Paris once and I'm sorry to say, apart from a couple of older ladies, they were not friendly.

I've also been reading '1,000 Years of Annoying the French' by Stephen Clarke so I'm pretty sure the annoying is on both sides - bien sur! ;-)
  • gingerjackgingerjack Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So called friends that make arrangements to meet, about a week before, so when I turn up and they don't, I ring them, and I am told " oh, we did'nt confirm" ........yes we did the week before ? You only ring or make contact if you have to cancel !
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    You used to get that quite a lot, not so much now in my experience.
    As I always carry both my passports when I travel, (you never know), if people start to clap on touchdown I very carefully put the U.K. one in my carry-on bag, and slide my French one into the breast pocket of my shirt, ready for passport control.
    farmer bob wrote: »
    When flying in an aeroplane, people who clap and cheer when the plane lands.
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I get that too, theres a group I go to at a certain time and for some reason everyone claps and cheers when I come in :confused: OK I'm not always very good at timekeeping but still, its not that amazing. :confused:

They are clapping because they have realized the plane hasn't crashed, so lucky escape.

:p

=

Trivago and Expedia showing holiday adverts under their respective names. They're the same bleeding company essentially.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trivago
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expedia,_Inc.

It's the same with washing powder brands advertising 'against each other' when most of them are made by the same two companies, Lever Brothers and Proctor&Gamble.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lever_Brothers
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Procter_%26_Gamble_brands
    Forum Member
    Any advert or site advertising bingo.

Think fecking bingo.

=

Shopping tv channels. Waste of bandwidth. Use a high street shop or the internet, if you want to buy stuff. Simples.

The fact I have used the word 'simples'. :blush:
  • makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gingerjack wrote: »
    So called friends that make arrangements to meet, about a week before, so when I turn up and they don't, I ring them, and I am told " oh, we did'nt confirm" ........yes we did the week before ? You only ring or make contact if you have to cancel !

This! It's so annoying and seen as a thing now days to have to keep asking if the event is still going to happen. The amount of times Ive had mates forgetting until the day that they can't make it. So it then screws up your day as you will have wasted a day waiting around.
  • AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,048
    Forum Member
    I bought my mum the SBC 4 Piece Collection from QVC when it was on special offer:

http://www.qvcuk.com/SBC-4-Piece-Collagen-&-Rose-&-Argan-Oil-Collection.product.207531.html

I was in my mum's bathroom the other day and I thought I would try some of the Collagen gel on my hand, as you do, and then I read the list of ingredients and it says the gel contains "Hydrolyzed Collagen (Marine)"...which kind of rang a bell:

http://www.sbcgels.co.uk/collagen-skincare-gel

Today I was looking up stuff and thought I would see if there was any reviews on the product.

Here's "vegan" blogger Georgi Bomb raving about the Collagen Gel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4MV9wjPyQA

https://twitter.com/miss_bomb

Then I looked up "Marine Collagen" :eek:

Marine collagen appears to be a fibrous protein extracted from the scales or skin of fish :eek: :mad:

I've got difficult conversation with my coming up :blush:

Why can't stupid companies be honest, I'm sure there are people who wouldn't mind applying bits of fish on their face...but unfortunately mum isn't one of them :(

And what do I do about the "not as vegan as she thinks" blogger :eek:

:mad:
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    jjwales wrote: »
    This sounds dreadful and absolutely not trivial!

He was out of line, they're usually a bit arsey with you but he was really catty today.
    He got further annoyed when I explained to him that I'm not responsible for the amount of jobs out there and how it was unfair to sanction me as I've done everything expected in my claimant commitment.

He may as well have put his fingers in his ears for all he bothered to listen.
    You cannot reason with idiots sadly.
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Avidian wrote: »
    I bought my mum the SBC 4 Piece Collection from QVC when it was on special offer:

http://www.qvcuk.com/SBC-4-Piece-Collagen-&-Rose-&-Argan-Oil-Collection.product.207531.html

I was in my mum's bathroom the other day and I thought I would try some of the Collagen gel on my hand, as you do, and then I read the list of ingredients and it says the gel contains "Hydrolyzed Collagen (Marine)"...which kind of rang a bell:

http://www.sbcgels.co.uk/collagen-skincare-gel

Today I was looking up stuff and thought I would see if there was any reviews on the product.

Here's "vegan" blogger Georgi Bomb raving about the Collagen Gel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4MV9wjPyQA

https://twitter.com/miss_bomb

Then I looked up "Marine Collagen" :eek:

Marine collagen appears to be a fibrous protein extracted from the scales or skin of fish :eek: :mad:

I've got difficult conversation with my coming up :blush:

Why can't stupid companies be honest, I'm sure there are people who wouldn't mind applying bits of fish on their face...but unfortunately mum isn't one of them :(

And what do I do about the "not as vegan as she thinks" blogger :eek:

:mad:

Surely no collagen can be vegan?
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goldberry1 wrote: »

We helped them in 2 world wars. But, peut-etre Agincourt, Crecy, Trafalgar and Waterloo are still sore points.

They did invade us - well the Norman French did - made us serfs in our own country and our own language denegrated - but they can still have a go at the anglais - mais non! And as a northerner William the Conquerer did a lot of 'harrowing of the north' laying waste to vast tracts of land up here and killing people.

I've only ever been to Paris once and I'm sorry to say, apart from a couple of older ladies, they were not friendly.

I've also been reading '1,000 Years of Annoying the French' by Stephen Clarke so I'm pretty sure the annoying is on both sides - bien sur! ;-)

I'm not sure how trivial it is but this attitude annoys me intensely.
  • Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goldberry1 wrote: »

Quel dommage goldberry,
    I'm so upset that we annoy you.
    We're supposed to be allies now, we'll forget Waterloo and Agincourt, if you'll forget Hastings and Orléans, agreed?
    I hate to rain on your parade, but I just shrugged, added some garlic to my escargots, topped up my glass of Chablis, and put Luc Besson's The Messenger, the story of Jeanne d' Arc, on my DVD player, Vive La République!
    Forum Member
    Quel dommage goldberry,
    I'm so upset that we annoy you.
    We're supposed to be allies now, we'll forget Waterloo and Agincourt, if you'll forget Hastings and Orléans, agreed?
    I hate to rain on your parade, but I just shrugged, added some garlic to my escargots, topped up my glass of Chablis, and put Luc Besson's The Messenger, the story of Jeanne d' Arc, on my DVD player, Vive La République!

I think most of the British haven't got a problem these days with the cheese eating surrender monkeys, otherwise we wouldn't have helped build the channel tunnel, which allows (or allowed) even easier access for the French to export immigrants to the UK, passing through, so to speak.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sangatte#Refugee_camp

My mother hated the French, as the French resistance shot her father dead during WW2, who was a non-Nazi German soldier. She wouldn't even watch the TV comedy Allo Allo.
  • gingerjackgingerjack Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This! It's so annoying and seen as a thing now days to have to keep asking if the event is still going to happen. The amount of times Ive had mates forgetting until the day that they can't make it. So it then screws up your day as you will have wasted a day waiting around.

Exactly, what is the point in making arrangements and then having keep checking is still going to happen, as far as i am concerned ,its happening unless I hear otherwise
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My internet connection. We're meant to be in a newly upgraded super fast area, yet I still can't load a YouTube video beyond the first 12 seconds most of the time...

And totally agree with the posters saying about the 'oh we never confirmed'. Fxck that! If you say you'll be there / do something, then it's agreed to happen unless you pull out!
  • MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    The jobcentre I swear to god they go out of their way to pick the most horrible, power tripping crazies to work as 'advisors'.

I did my 35hrs worksearch and the guy got all personal insinuating my work is no good as I haven't yet been full time employed in the area my degree is in since I graduated in November.
    Who the hell does he think he is? He hasn't even seen my work, the fact that I've got to interview stage dozens of times at least says there's some potential. I can't help the fact that aren't many jobs in Design, I can't help the fact there are usually at least 60 others going for the same job I get interviewed for.

I said to him all you care about is ticking boxes, I have applied for other stuff too -admin,receptionist jobs etc and he made out like I hadn't bothered,and for those admin type jobs I never got interviewed for them so what's wrong with me searching for jobs in my field?

He's tried to slap a sanction on me even though I've done the 35 hrs and applied for jobs this week.
    So unprofessional of him to get nasty/personal like that.

It's irritated me , what an absolute prick.
    Keep going" bbclassics" it's tough to break into, and many firms take advantage by hiring interns on expenses only, clearing out after 3 months and then hiring a new batch. Shouldn't be allowed, but it is something to put on your CV. You could even offer to work on that basis to gain experience!
    You don't have to sign on for JSA, you can still receive HB and have your NI.
    JSA is such a rubbish amount that surely some waiting or bar work on evenings would pay at least the same? It would allow the days free for design interviews.
    At least you wouldn't be demoralised by some little jumped up toad at the job centre.
  • chaffchaff Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are virtually all mobile phone reviews on Youtube done either by Eastern Europeans in their native language or heavily accented Indians?
  • SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,243
    Forum Member
    Progress bars slowly moving over (on phones or computer) when there is obviously no progress (or connection).
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    gingerjack wrote: »

I had a former friend who was constantly arranging to meet up with people (usually at the last minute as it was "important" and people would have to change plans to meet her) and then she wouldn't show up. And when people complained about being stood up "Well, it's not my fault, you're the one who agreed to meet me." >:(
  • DebrajoanDebrajoan Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how trivial it is but this attitude annoys me intensely.

I agree with you on this, it seems to me that a lot of Brits pay lip service to this anti-Gallic sentiment, but they don't appear to know why.
    I was in a pub recently, and there was rugby on the TV, (I have no interest, and wasn't watching it, but apparently one team was France.)
    Someone loudly said, "French bastards!"
    I said, "I take it you don't want France to win?"
    "No I don't, the bastards!"
    "What have they done to upset you?" I said.
    "Dunno, but none of us like 'em, do we?"

jra wrote: »
    I think most of the British haven't got a problem these days with the cheese eating surrender monkeys, otherwise we wouldn't have helped build the channel tunnel, which allows (or allowed) even easier access for the French to export immigrants to the UK, passing through, so to speak.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sangatte#Refugee_camp

My mother hated the French, as the French resistance shot her father dead during WW2, who was a non-Nazi German soldier. She wouldn't even watch the TV comedy Allo Allo.

Calling them cheese eating surrender monkeys seems a bit childish, don't you think?
    I've been to France quite a few times, the natives seemed okay to me, no one insulted, or cheated me, the fact that I'm reasonably au fait with the language probably helped, although once they worked out that I was English, a lot of them switched to English, probably just to show that they could.
    While I have every sympathy for your mother's loss of your German grandfather, I'm not sure how anyone could differentiate between a German soldier who subscribed to Nazi beliefs, and one who just happened to have been enlisted into the Wehrmacht.
    I think that they all wore field grey, and though some displayed SS runes on their collars, I don't think that any of them had insignia that said, I just happen to be here because I was born in Germany and got called up.
  • JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Walking along with ear bud headphones in...you're wearing a jacket zipped up but not fully, one or both cables end up 'outside' of the collar and the bud works itself out of your ear....I have to try hard to control my rage at that sometimes.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Mutter wrote: »
    Keep going" bbclassics" it's tough to break into, and many firms take advantage by hiring interns on expenses only, clearing out after 3 months and then hiring a new batch. Shouldn't be allowed, but it is something to put on your CV. You could even offer to work on that basis to gain experience!
    You don't have to sign on for JSA, you can still receive HB and have your NI.
    JSA is such a rubbish amount that surely some waiting or bar work on evenings would pay at least the same? It would allow the days free for design interviews.
    At least you wouldn't be demoralised by some little jumped up toad at the job centre.

Thanks. I've applied for bar work a few times before and didn't get anywhere as they usually want someone with previous experience of it. I work at 2 arty places doing voluntary work so have that on my C.V.
    I've got a (design) interview on Monday, when I told the advisor he just told me 'I don't want to hear it!', no need to be so rude. I'm being considered for a design job with a new/startup company -the boss told me they'll need to sell some more publications so they can definitely afford to take me on as a graphic designer.
    I'm not putting all my hope on that but he said he's interested and will be in touch, I told the advisor and he said 'huh well I don't believe him'. I said 'frankly I don't care what you believe and I'm not interested in your comments on the matter'.

Just annoys me they think they can treat unemployed people like crap, there are some decent people out there who are unemployed and they don't need personal attacks from the 'advisors'.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    bbclassics wrote: »
    Thanks. I've applied for bar work a few times before and didn't get anywhere as they usually want someone with previous experience of it. I work at 2 arty places doing voluntary work so have that on my C.V.
    I've got a (design) interview on Monday, when I told the advisor he just told me 'I don't want to hear it!', no need to be so rude. I'm being considered for a design job with a new/startup company -the boss told me they'll need to sell some more publications so they can definitely afford to take me on as a graphic designer.
    I'm not putting all my hope on that but he said he's interested and will be in touch, I told the advisor and he said 'huh well I don't believe him'. I said 'frankly I don't care what you believe and I'm not interested in your comments on the matter'.

Just annoys me they think they can treat unemployed people like crap, there are some decent people out there who are unemployed and they don't need personal attacks from the 'advisors'.

He's probably jealous that when you get a job you'll probably be better paid and have better prospects than he has.
This discussion has been closed.