Anyone who didn't follow Lost planning on watching now its over??

Is anyone who never watched Lost, or anyone who gave up on Lost during its six year run, planning on watching from the strat now that the series has concluded????

I personally gave up on Lost early on in series 2. I sat down to watch an episode and got bored and never came back to it. I believed they were all dead and were in some sort of purgatory, but then the creative team dismissed this and I was intrigued to see how it all ended but never found the will to get past mid series 2 despite making various attempts! (I have watched series 1 - mid series 2 a number of times in an attempt to get back into it). Alas, I gave up.

Now however, with all the discussion, differences of opinion and different interpretaions being commented about by hard core losties, I am intrigued by it all. It seems that even people who followed closely disagree about what it all really meant!

Is anyone else curious and thinking of watching now Lost has concluded?? Or is anyone who gave up on lost at some point thinking of trying to get back into it??

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    No-one???
  • Blake ConnollyBlake Connolly Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    I would reccommend doing it. I know there's a lot of mixed views about the finale (I personally loved it but can see why others didn't) but the journey to get there makes it worthwhile, plenty of amazing episodes along the way once you get past that mid-season 2 slump.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stopped after it moved to Sky (series 3 I believe) because I didn't have Sky and couldn't be bothered to acquire it every week. Since Sky came back to Virgin I could have started watching it again, was was never that bothered. So I'm a candidate to start now it's all over.

However, I Not sure if I need to spoiler this or not, given that you haven't watched it yet....
    The problem is that, however much the writers are now retconning it as a "piece of art" or "a character piece" early lost is all about the mystery. What's down the hatch, what do the numbers mean, who are the Others, and so on. Now knowing that these mysteries will never be answered, and that much of what happens is pointless, it's a bit of a big ask to sit through all the series for no payoff.
  • SeventeenSeventeen Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    Even though I enjoyed the end, I'm not sure if I'd be so eager to watch Lost knowing how much of it seems irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    As a fan of Lost I would encourage anybody who had NEVER watched the show to try it out, but someone who watched quite a bit, gave up, and made repeated attempts to get back into it, but just wasn't interested? Maybe the series just isn't for you. There is too much to do in life, including watching other TV series, to justify trying to force yourself to watch something that really would take a big commitment of your time to get to the end.
  • fi~fi~ Posts: 5,481
    Forum Member
    my mum, she watched some on C4 when it started here but quickly lost interest in it for a few reasons, now its complete shes gonna watch the lot over the summer
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    no im not
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »
    I stopped after it moved to Sky (series 3 I believe) because I didn't have Sky and couldn't be bothered to acquire it every week. Since Sky came back to Virgin I could have started watching it again, was was never that bothered. So I'm a candidate to start now it's all over.

However, I Not sure if I need to spoiler this or not, given that you haven't watched it yet....
    The problem is that, however much the writers are now retconning it as a "piece of art" or "a character piece" early lost is all about the mystery. What's down the hatch, what do the numbers mean, who are the Others, and so on. Now knowing that these mysteries will never be answered, and that much of what happens is pointless, it's a bit of a big ask to sit through all the series for no payoff.

Most of the mysteries in your spoiler were answered...but each question answered gives you more questions.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would watch it if I were you. Despite the fact that the finale could've answered more questions, imo, and despite the storyline going off-course a bit during some seasons, Lost was still a fantastically original and highly entertaining series. I'm glad I stuck with it from day one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulbrock wrote: »
    Most of the mysteries in your spoiler were answered...but each question answered gives you more questions.
    Most of? I only gave three :D

But that's my point, the mysteries were the show, it answered some questions (like what was down the hatch) but in their place created others (why must the the numbers be entered) ad when they were answered it created new ones.

The ethos of the show (when I watched it) didn't seem to be "all about the characters". Yes there were characters in it whose story (past and present...and late future) was interesting but the what, why and how of the island was the main thrust.

Now I know that this apparently changed. It's more of a Grey's Anatomy show than it was originally marketed.

Either because they always intended it to be, or because they created so many questions they didn't have the answer to, it's now apparently a show all about Jack's journey and I don't think I want to give over hours of my life to learn about Jack's journey.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeh I know, I almost put all of, but the second is...woolly.
    The ethos of the show (when I watched it) didn't seem to be "all about the characters". Yes there were characters in it whose story (past and present...and late future) was interesting but the what, why and how of the island was the main thrust.

How many episodes had 'character moments' though, most seasons had a beach reunion montage of some sort; an episode like Dave was pretty much just character stuff, and there were lots of eps where 'nothing happened'.
  • jette52jette52 Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    well i for one intend to watch it from beginning to end. but i will not be doing so until august of this year because that is when the complete box set of seasons 1-6 come out on dvd.
  • Robert RomarinRobert Romarin Posts: 11,956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's on my mental list of shows to catch up on at some point...along with The Mentalist, funnily enough.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jette52 wrote: »
    well i for one intend to watch it from beginning to end. but i will not be doing so until august of this year because that is when the complete box set of seasons 1-6 come out on dvd.

I think depending on your schedule you have time to start now :)

And if you're taking it slowly download old episodes of jayandjack.com (cool lost podcast) as well as the official Lost podcast with the show creators.
  • leithladleithlad Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But that's my point, the mysteries were the show, it answered some questions (like what was down the hatch) but in their place created others (why must the the numbers be entered) ad when they were answered it created new ones.

Now I know that this apparently changed. It's more of a Grey's Anatomy show than it was originally marketed.

Either because they always intended it to be, or because they created so many questions they didn't have the answer to, it's now apparently a show all about Jack's journey and I don't think I want to give over hours of my life to learn about Jack's journey.

Then don't.
    I find it staggerring that you can come to so many conclusions about the show when you havent watched it all, yet going by the opinions of others you compare it to Greys Anatomy,absoloutley laughable.
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    It's on my mental list of shows to catch up on at some point...along with The Mentalist, funnily enough.

I've never seen "Lost", but my sister is a big fan and I like the other Abrams shows "Alias" and "Fringe". So it was something I was planning to look at after the series ended.

I've never seen "the Sopranos", "the Wire" or the new BSG either. When my friends used to praise all these shows, I felt like the "I'll get me coat" man from the Fast Show. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never seen "Lost", but my sister is a big fan and I like the other Abrams shows "Alias" and "Fringe". So it was something I was planning to look at after the series ended.

I've never seen "the Sopranos", "the Wire" or the new BSG either. When my friends used to praise all these shows, I felt like the "I'll get me coat" man from the Fast Show. :(

hehe still not got into the Wire yet. Abrams had little to do with lost after the pilot, but if you like Alias story structure and themes you'll love Lost.
  • ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't watched any Lost yet, but intend buying all 6 seasons on blu-ray when I can get the lot for under £70.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now I have watched it all, I wish I could not have watched it so that I can start again and watch it all through, fresh. The important bits, the bits that weren't answered and the irrelevant bits. I'd love to be sitting down to the pilot again, not knowing what was to come.

I do feel that I want to watch the series through again though, even if I do know what is to come.
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not watched a full episode in my life but would love to now! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leithlad wrote: »
    Then don't.
    I wasn't going to. I could have sworn I said that...
    leithlad wrote: »
    I find it staggerring that you can come to so many conclusions about the show when you havent watched it all, yet going by the opinions of others you compare it to Greys Anatomy,absoloutley laughable.
    So may conslusions? It being a character show is just one isn't it?

Anyway I'm glad I brought you some joy in what must be a sad time for you :D
  • AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never seen "the Sopranos", "the Wire" or the new BSG either.

I missed all of those when they first ran, but funnily enough, those are the last 3 shows I watched. I watched all of the Wire, then all of the new BSG, and now I'm on season 5 of the Sopranos.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    Not really, i settled down to watch it and gave up half way through season one!
    :-)!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    punkimunki wrote: »
    Not really, i settled down to watch it and gave up half way through season one!
    :-)!

Me too :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    i dont see the point of watching a series when said series cannot be bothered to answer the question its built over the past series my friend who watches it was very disapointed said it was like they wrote them selves into a corner and didnt know the answers themselves after the ending said she wished shed never watched lost at all