Options

Outlook 2010 signature help needed

twintwin Posts: 1,044
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have created three different signatures for my three different email accounts. In the signature creation box, they are all fine:- when I choose each one, the correct signatuer appears in the pane below.

However, when I go into a new email message, it come up with the default email signature, which is fine, but if I change the email account to send from, the new signature does not appear. If I then change back to the default email, even that signature has now disappeared!

Any clues please?!

Comments

• Options
    ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Are you using Word as your email editor.

I'm using Outlook 2003 so I'm being somewhat vague regarding how things might be in Outlook 2010

If you go to the Mail Format section of Options, see whether it has Using Word 2010 ticked.

If you have this ticked Signatures should change automatically depending on which account you're using
  • Options
    twintwin Posts: 1,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have found the "Message Format" under options and there is nothing in there about Word.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twin wrote: »
    I have found the "Message Format" under options and there is nothing in there about Word.

No, unfortunately (for those like me who turned off the use of Word in older versions) from Outlook 2007 onwards you are forced to use Word. There is a Microsoft article about this here.

There is also an article about creating and using signatures here. In the section "Insert a signature automatically" it says:
    Under Choose default signature, in the E-mail account list, click an e-mail account with which you want to associate the signature
    - which definitely suggests that you can do what you seem to be trying.

Unfortunately I only have Outlook 2003 at home (and 2007 at work), so I can't try this myself. My suggestion is for you to check what you have tried against the MS "how to" article and, if you are still having problems, post again here or on one of the Microsoft forums (where you might find someone who understands how this is supposed to work).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    try checking in the registry (regedit.exe). navigate to the key HKCU\software\microsoft\office\(version no.)\common\mailsettings\newsignature
  • Options
    fletchemfletchem Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to remember there being an option pane in the signature panel that lets you determine which signature to use with which account. Not on pc now, but I had a similar issue recently.