Options

Hunted versus Clueless

Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,527
Forum Member
✭✭
BBC WM has now introduced its own Treasure Hunt style programme on Sunday mornings with Pete Morgan & Michelle Dawes doing the Waddo & Julie BBC Radio Leicester roles.

Seems ok so far.

It'll be interesting to see how far the radio car can transmit on its own, as I belive WM has struggled with signals from certain areas.

(Of course, Julie does use the mobile when she has the same problem)

Comments

• Options
    Phil DoddPhil Dodd Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    BBC WM has now introduced its own Treasure Hunt style programme on Sunday mornings with Pete Morgan & Michelle Dawes doing the Waddo & Julie BBC Radio Leicester roles.

Seems ok so far.

It'll be interesting to see how far the radio car can transmit on its own, as I belive WM has struggled with signals from certain areas.

(Of course, Julie does use the mobile when she has the same problem)

So you're saying that two reporters drive a BBC WM radio car round in circles for an hour or more on Sunday mornings ?

If it gets interviews with lots of WM folks who wouldn't normally get on-air, then that's good.

If it is listeners at home giving remote directions to a radio car for an hour, then on the face of it, it sounds as though even though it may be a laugh, it is rather an expensive way of getting amusement ?

If this is just a joy-ride for an hour, let's hope that it can be developed into something a bit more substantial... Radio cars are thin on the ground as it is. For instance, since moving to Leominster in 1994, I've seen a BBC radio car in the town a whole ten times...
  • Options
    sparrysparry Posts: 2,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know Radio Leicester don't venture too far south in their radio car as in some places in South Leicestershire they can't get a signal out!