Options

Signal Issue

Ross1874Ross1874 Posts: 1,469
Forum Member
✭✭✭
im trying my sky plus box at my mates house as he wants to join sky most of the channels come through but a selection of them come up with a no satellite signal is being received im assuming the problem is with his dish? if so is there way to fix it or will he need a new one.

Comments

• Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    Ross1874 wrote: »
    im trying my sky plus box at my mates house as he wants to join sky most of the channels come through but a selection of them come up with a no satellite signal is being received im assuming the problem is with his dish? if so is there way to fix it or will he need a new one.
    If his dish has been unused for some time it could well be out of alignment and in a generally poor condition, as may be the LNB and the cabling.
    If he joins Sky as a new customer they should provide and fit a complete new dish and cabling system anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it!
    :)
  • Options
    missbtsportmissbtsport Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    at the moment we have heavy rain and no signal on Sky but freesat is working why is this
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    at the moment we have heavy rain and no signal on Sky but freesat is working why is this

Can you be a bit more specific, is it all channels, some channels, which work, which don't?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can you be a bit more specific, is it all channels, some channels, which work, which don't?

hi its ok now but for three hours last night 1900-2200hrs nothing on all channels from sky box but freesat box was working ok on all channels, connected to the same satellite dish.Sue
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    hi its ok now but for three hours last night 1900-2200hrs nothing on all channels from sky box but freesat box was working ok on all channels, connected to the same satellite dish.Sue

Which Freesat and Sky box models do you have? (interested because i live in fringe area and need good signal). thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hi I have the Amstrad DRX890 Sky box and Goodmans 320HD freesat box hope this helps.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    hi I have the Amstrad DRX890 Sky box and Goodmans 320HD freesat box hope this helps.

cheers