Options

My theory on who Missy is

Comments

• Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    garbage456 wrote: »

I think it's logical to think she is either Clara or a new enemy and has sent Danny pink there.

What if the twist is that she is not a enemy but a friend.
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have all these theories about who could she be. But what about who WOULD she be. In Other words rather than using any evidence just think about why she is there and how she is involved in the finale.

I think it's logical to think she is either Clara or a new enemy and has sent Danny pink there.

How is it logical for her to be Clara? Its actually illogical at this point.
  • Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,633
    Forum Member
    Yeah forgotten her name without doing a Google search. The one from ashes to ashes.

Nah she's not Keeley Hawes's character from "Time Heist" "Missy" is a character in her own right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    johnnymc wrote: »
    Nah she's not Keeley Hawes's character from "Time Heist" "Missy" is a character in her own right.

To be fair there is a resemblance between them.
  • Options
    garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    Miss = missy

Delphox = blue telephone box.

I'll get my coat.
  • Options
    garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    How is it logical for her to be Clara? Its actually illogical at this point.

Sorry yes it is the way I worded it. I basically meant using characters that are in the show now it could be Clara in some form. Rather than the master.
  • Options
    MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    Yeah forgotten her name without doing a Google search. The one from ashes to ashes.

You're confusing two different actresses and characters.

The woman in the bank was Director Karabraxos/Ms Delphox (she was played by Keely Hawes - who was in Ashes to Ashes). That's the one the Doctor gave his number to - and she was later seen as an old lady on her death bed, she phoned the Doctor to ask him to save the Teller.

Missy is played by Michelle Gomez - a superb actress who played another OTT nutetr in Green Wing (and made insanity sexy)

Sorry - got distracted halfway through typing that - see you've already got posts about it.
  • Options
    CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,023
    Forum Member
    What if the twist is that she is not a enemy but a friend.

Next series companion maybe and what we are seeing at the moment is her future after the Doctor.:)
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missy is played by Michelle Gomez - a superb actress who played another OTT nutter in Green Wing

That exact character is pretty much all she ever plays; see also The Book Group, Bad Education, plenty more...
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would anyone feel really cheated if it turns out Missy is in fact a 'new' character with a history with the Doctor that has never been shown before so something more akin to a Tasha Lem sort of character?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Would anyone feel really cheated if it turns out Missy is in fact a 'new' character with a history with the Doctor that has never been shown before so something more akin to a Tasha Lem sort of character?

No but I felt there was some criticism of the Doctor not becoming female. This would go some way to addressing that with a female master. She could well be a brand new character, an old character may be more of a disappointment.
  • Options
    LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnnymc wrote: »
    No but I felt there was some criticism of the Doctor not becoming female. This would go some way to addressing that with a female master. She could well be a brand new character, an old character may be more of a disappointment.

Agree with this. I actually hope she is something new and clever without being overly complicated. The Master would be a bit boring in my opinion.

I'm not 100% convinced she's a baddy. I'm wondering if the nethersphere is just a big old virtual reality with a similar concept to the data ghosts in the Libraty two parter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Missy is obvious the lady from the shop that gave clara the doctors number..

*drops mic and walks out*

I know mind blown right /s
  • Options
    caveatmancaveatman Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    To be fair there is a resemblance between them.
    And she did have a sarcophaGUS in her vault. Is she something to do with gus and the search for the secret of the life extension tech of the mummy?

She was also aware of clone technology (using clone tech to.clone herself so her copies) could she not be as remorseful at the end of her life as she seemed and have spent her life and money after meeting the doctor on trying to find ways not to die/preserve consciousness so that a soul/mind/personality could transcend death the way the doctor's does? Having met a time traveller could her money have gone into funding ways to transcend time?

Was she using the teller to find ways to remove a mind from a body to put it into another?

Is missy a clone of delphox with the long kept alive original mind in?

Has Missy chosen clara as the next body/mind to use to preserve the insane with desire to not die mind of delphox?

Is the side effect of research into ways and means of not dying the cybermen because of AI technology like sarcophaGUS perhaps desiring bodies to move around in leading to the interfacing of living and artificial minds?

If you ask enough questions will you go in a circle and not really be any further forward? (note of self parody creeping in there ;-)
  • Options
    caveatmancaveatman Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    " No but I felt there was some criticism of the Doctor not becoming female. This would go some way to addressing that with a female master. She could well be a brand new character, an old character may be more of a disappointment."

Last week 'doctor' Clara was being a trial run for how the series could still work with a female being the one holding the sonic trying to lead others to safety, yes?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    caveatman wrote: »
    " No but I felt there was some criticism of the Doctor not becoming female. This would go some way to addressing that with a female master. She could well be a brand new character, an old character may be more of a disappointment."

Last week 'doctor' Clara was being a trial run for how the series could still work with a female being the one holding the sonic trying to lead others to safety, yes?

Dya think, I'm not sure I saw it like it like that but now you come to mention it perhaps we were being manipulated into thinking the Doctor can be female.

You know maybe this is why Missy starts talking about choosing well etc. Perhaps she wants the Doctor to regenerate too. I've no idea, I want to get to the end of the book now though, Missy is starting to take over from some of the story as the most important riddle.

I found that Frances Barber was a disappointing character after a huge build up. A great actress beautifully played but I just found the character a bit flat in the end. She wasn't given tons of material to work with in the reveal scripts. Great build up though to Frances character too.
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    caveatman wrote: »

No, it was trial run for a human being the one holding the sonic screwdriver trying to lead others to safety. It was about understanding what it takes to be the Doctor. I don't see how Clara's sex came into it at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No, it was trial run for a human being the one holding the sonic screwdriver trying to lead others to safety. It was about understanding what it takes to be the Doctor. I don't see how Clara's sex came into it at all.

I think he means more about the rumours/speculation that have been going around for years about how one day The Doctor will one day regenerate into a female incarnation and how the fans will feel about a female Doctor so it's more about the real life reason than the in show reason.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I still think Missy was somehow created when the Doctor regenerated instead of dying at the end of the last series and created kinda of a Ying for Yang. She was the Universe's way of creating balance in Heaven instead of the Doctor ending up there. And MIssy stands for Miss-stake......??
  • Options
    allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was a very familiar sinister laugh by missy at end of flatline
  • Options
    Jules_ThornleyJules_Thornley Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allen_who wrote: »
    well given these SPOILER pics
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/67851
    It would seem she's very much of this life as well as the next... I can't make sense of it all myslef

Looking at those photos Missy reminds me of The Ice Governess in The Snowman. Don't know if anyone suggested this but worth a thought..

The Ice Governess was shattered - mortally killing Clara (although Clara was momentarily kept alive by Straz). The Ice Governess remains were kept in the Tardis. They are supposed to be still there.. Could the unusual regeneration had any effect on her remains?! Just a thought anyway..

I also think Missy looks like an older Clara but maybe that's just me..
  • Options
    Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missy isn't Clara, Missy hasn't once said any of the following lines:

Sorry, what?

Summat

Shuddup
  • Options
    LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missy is Clara's mum from another dimension sent by The Master to warn the Doctor that the Rani is coming to bring back River Song who is also Missy to then tell the Doctor she wants a divorce.

Obviously.
  • Options
    Jules_ThornleyJules_Thornley Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    Missy isn't Clara, Missy hasn't once said any of the following lines:

Sorry, what?

Summat

Shuddup

Missy may not be Clara but could Clara be Missy..
    Think there is most definitely a connection between Missy and Clara.
  • Options
    Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LightMeUp wrote: »
    Missy is Clara's mum from another dimension sent by The Master to warn the Doctor that the Rani is coming to bring back River Song who is also Missy to then tell the Doctor she wants a divorce.

Obviously.

And we have a winner :p