Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    The contract that came with it, was for 7 years, and the terms of that contract was that any work the winner did, they had to pay Katie commission, even if the work was not involved with Katie.:

Thats actually not unusual - X-Factor do same but not for seven years, that does seem excessive.
  • Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who said she had no faith in it? :confused:

Sorry wrong wording, she obviously had a great deal of faith in them, only they did not think the same, hence the contract not being signed :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats actually not unusual - X-Factor do same but not for seven years, that does seem excessive.

It does when it originally stated one years contract.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    So you have just said that you have never worked for CAN, yet you claim to have insider info on all their supposed going ons behind the scenes.

You do seem to have a gripe with CP for reasons known only to yourself.. IMO it seems to be more than you not liking her because she is "unprofessional." You call her names which does kind of suggest it is more personal.

I would agree, there is a very sour undercurrent towards Claire Powell
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you have just said that you have never worked for CAN, yet you claim to have insider info on all their supposed going ons behind the scenes.

You do seem to have a gripe with CP for reasons known only to yourself.. IMO it seems to be more than you not liking her because she is "unprofessional." You call her names which does kind of suggest it is more personal.

You don't have to work directly for CAN to know what's going on - loads of partner companies, deals, friends around the companies. CAN is quite small. I don't claim anything though - i post on a forum - if some of it is from personal experience then so be it.

I don't like CP, and i think PA is an ok guy, especially when left to be himself, i don't like what he has been complicit in doing to KP, and i'm not the biggest fan of the image being portrayed of him, but then i can see its the smartest one because peter andres suffering sells - if it didn't she'd have him down stringfellows every night before you knew it. I think the idea of a PA fan supporting CP is ghastly - professionally makes him money, personally - terrible for him. He'd be in a far far better place personally if she wasn't around.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't have to work directly for CAN to know what's going on - loads of partner companies, deals, friends around the companies. CAN is quite small. I don't claim anything though - i post on a forum - if some of it is from personal experience then so be it.

I don't like CP, and i think PA is an ok guy, especially when left to be himself, i don't like what he has been complicit in doing to KP, and i'm not the biggest fan of the image being portrayed of him, but then i can see its the smartest one because peter andres suffering sells - if it didn't she'd have him down stringfellows every night before you knew it. I think the idea of a PA fan supporting CP is ghastly - professionally makes him money, personally - terrible for him. He'd be in a far far better place personally if she wasn't around.

Are you part of another PR company by any chance Cyril ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would agree, there is a very sour undercurrent towards Claire Powell

Yes, but also because of what she has done over time to him, not just KP. But its pointless arguing because people tend to then say "well he's his own person" but clearly he's not. That goldfish face he made on the last episode was clearly very accurate. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you part of another PR company by any chance Cyril ;)

No, absolutely not. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but also because of what she has done over time to him, not just KP. But its pointless arguing because people tend to then say "well he's his own person" but clearly he's not. That goldfish face he made on the last episode was clearly very accurate. :eek:

Why so much concern for Pete, he is a big boy now, no need for you to go round wiping his face :D:D You are coming across as being from a rival PR company ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why so much concern for Pete, he is a big boy now, no need for you to go round wiping his face :D:D You are coming across as being from a rival PR company ;)

Lots of reasons to have concern for Pete. If you know about Pete obviously i'm assuming you know a few things about the real person that perhaps aren't fed to the public, and that even KP hasn't said much about - and if shes that bad a person against him, she could have.

Assure you i'm not. Though I have spoken to people in rival PR companies who has previously worked with her and they can't stand her either. People tend to leave her as quick as they join her. Of course you will now tell me well they would, they are rivals, etc etc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    What exactly is this terrible thing they're meant to have done to her? It's been well reported that the marriage had been in trouble for at least a year before and that counselling hadn't helped. The three of them must have discussed what would happen if they separated and presumably Pete opted to stay with CAN and Katie to go her own way. Naturally this would have given him an advantage because Claire could advise him while I don't know whether Katie had any representation.

So is the shocking act that he didn't pre-warn her of exactly when he has going to leave? Perhaps he didn't know and something finally decided him. What we all saw is that once she'd escaped from CAN's control she quickly went back to being Jordan which is what lost her some of the endorsements she'd won as MOTY Katie. Pete kept his and gained more because of the dignified way he behaved.

As for CAN arranging interviews about Katie for some of his friends, I don't see the problem. The papers were full of accusations Katie was making about him. Why shouldn't they set the record straight? As posters have pointed out before she's suing for breach of privacy not libel so is choosing not to challenge the truth of what was said. I don't think being 'nice' means you can't stand up for yourself.

I think the crux of it is that she's not the PR genius you make her out to be. Good at getting attention for herself - yes - but she clearly needs reining in at times and tends to make a fool of herself when there's no one there to do it.

" The three of them must have discussed what would happen if they separated" ...that just about hits the nail on the head, what other couple would sit down with their boss to discuss their separation either on a personal or business level, two of them should have discussed while the other one should have been informed !
    PA dignified :confused: I must have blinked and missed that grain:confused: because I dont see any dignity in someone who constantly lies and uses his kids/ dying brother :mad: and to blur the lines by giving this kind of credit to someone like PA is an insult to people who do conduct themselves in a selfless dignified manner ! the term dignity itself belongs no where and to no one whos involved in any of this !
    There was no setting the record straight in these Can organised interviews, because if it was merely that, then the CC hearing dealing with this matter at present would not have got as far as it has !
    KP had to file this action under breach of privacy due to lack of evidence regarding libel, but from whats already been released so far theres no doubt when the case is heard, and people are challenged, libel can be the only outcome, and one of the reasons why certain people are trying every tactic they can to delay this process ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of reasons to have concern for Pete. If you know about Pete obviously i'm assuming you know a few things about the real person that perhaps aren't fed to the public, and that even KP hasn't said much about - and if shes that bad a person against him, she could have.

Assure you i'm not. Though I have spoken to people in rival PR companies who has previously worked with her and they can't stand her either. People tend to leave her as quick as they join her. Of course you will now tell me well they would, they are rivals, etc etc

Claire is much more than a manager to Pete, friends for something like 20 years. You thrive on this theory that Can wanted to destroy Katie, Nev was in charge of how both Pete and Katie came across on the reality show, so if she was shown as the devil, that was down to Nev, not Claire. How anyone can say that if there was this huge smear campaign against Katie, Nev knew nothing about it, is just plain silly. If this was going on (doubtful, as no need, she manages well on her own) Nev would of played a part, yet you make no claims to Nev, the one man that many clients felt uncomfortable around, and many people refused to be involved as long as Nev was part of it :)
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cym wrote: »
    " The three of them must have discussed what would happen if they separated" ...that just about hits the nail on the head, what other couple would sit down with their boss to discuss their separation either on a personal or business level, two of them should have discussed while the other one should have been informed !
    PA dignified :confused: I must have blinked and missed that grain:confused: because I dont see any dignity in someone who constantly lies and uses his kids/ dying brother :mad: and to blur the lines by giving this kind of credit to someone like PA is an insult to people who do conduct themselves in a selfless dignified manner ! the term dignity itself belongs no where and to no one whos involved in any of this !
    There was no setting the record straight in these Can organised interviews, because if it was merely that, then the CC hearing dealing with this matter at present would not have got as far as it has !
    KP had to file this action under breach of privacy due to lack of evidence regarding libel, but from whats already been released so far theres no doubt when the case is heard, and people are challenged, libel can be the only outcome, and one of the reasons why certain people are trying every tactic they can to delay this process ;)

That bit did make me :confused: aswell.
    Although surely, wasn't she their EMPLOYEE rather than their boss?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Claire is much more than a manager to Pete, friends for something like 20 years. You thrive on this theory that Can wanted to destroy Katie, Nev was in charge of how both Pete and Katie came across on the reality show, so if she was shown as the devil, that was down to Nev, not Claire. How anyone can say that if there was this huge smear campaign against Katie, Nev knew nothing about it, is just plain silly. If this was going on (doubtful, as no need, she manages well on her own) Nev would of played a part, yet you make no claims to Nev, the one man that many clients felt uncomfortable around, and many people refused to be involved as long as Nev was part of it :)

Though funnily enough Nev and Pete got on very well - very much a fatherly influence to Pete, kept him grounded.

I think CP was working against NH for a long time, which may explain the clients thinking things. Though admittedly he is quite brash for those who only just met him.

I don't deny he probably had knowledge of what was going on, though i dont think he realised the full picture.

I do believe CP wanted to destroy KP, most definitely. And there's the influence on Pete there too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Though funnily enough Nev and Pete got on very well - very much a fatherly influence to Pete, kept him grounded.

I think CP was working against NH for a long time, which may explain the clients thinking things. Though admittedly he is quite brash for those who only just met him.

I don't deny he probably had knowledge of what was going on, though i dont think he realised the full picture.

I do believe CP wanting to destroy KP, most definitely. And there's the influence on Pete there too.

No you would think that Nev didn't know the full picture :D As he will willingly tell anyone that will listen, Can was his baby, he was the man. If i remember rightly, he had a very low opinion on Katie. All this wanted to destroy Katie is becoming somewhat grinding Cyril, Katie claims to have given notice to leave Can, yet bleated to the press that she had been left high and dry, so what's the truth :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That bit did make me :confused: aswell.
    Although surely, wasn't she their EMPLOYEE rather than their boss?

Well yes, your right...makes it even worse dosent it :(
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Cyril your name isn't Richard Austin Reece is it? :) sorry to butt in by the way everyone x
  • Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member

BIB Because I defend him when I think it is called for that equates with being a "fan" in some peoples minds.:rolleyes:

I have said on here before that I am not a "fan"..but I am still referred to as one because some people obviously cannot differenciate between a fan and a supporter.:D

His music is not my cup of tea so I have never bought any of it.. never bought any of his calenders because he does absolutely nothing for me.. looks wise he is not my cup of tea at all. I also wouldn't want to be in a relationship with him either, too needy and immature for me.

I have never bought any of his books and never bought a ticket to one of his concerts....If all his "fans" were like me he would have gone broke a long time ago.:D

I don't like him enough to spend my hard earned cash on things that I don't like, want or need.:eek:

However, when I see downright nasty things said about him that have no foundation then I will defend him...simple as that.

But if you want to continue referring to me as "fan" then so be it...but if defending and supporting a person you think is being unfairly treated equates to being a fan...then it would be okay for me to assume that you are a KP fan would it not?

What with your relentless defence of her an' all.;)
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's quite funny that Cyril is seen as agenda-laden but those who defend PA and CAN to the hilt are not. ;)
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cym wrote: »

She managed both of them at the time and they were a 'brand' so I'm assuming that they would consider how the separation could be presented to the press. If they'd cooperated perhaps they could both have come out of it well.

I'm sure the CC will get to the bottom of who's telling the truth. All the public tit for tatting doesn't reflect well on either side and was unnecessary IMO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I think it's quite funny that Cyril is seen as agenda-laden but those who defend PA and CAN to the hilt are not. ;)

:D:D:D

I don't agree with his poor maligned KP subjected to a smear campaign and brutally treated stance... both camps tried to bring the other down and neither were as effective at smearing the other camp as they were at making themselves look like tits.

However I am surprised the threads don't collapse under the weight of some of the agenda's on here Lexi. ;););)
  • notfussynotfussy Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't Kate's place on the market? That's more rural (if you ignore the bloomin great dual carriageway next to it).

Maybe Pete can buy that... Or not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    She managed both of them at the time and they were a 'brand' so I'm assuming that they would consider how the separation could be presented to the press. If they'd cooperated perhaps they could both have come out of it well.

I doubt that, i think the way things took off for him very much depended on her being seen as the bad one. It's just not an interesting story without is it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    . both camps tried to bring the other down and neither were as effective at smearing the other camp as they were at making themselves look like tits.

I don't think both camps did. Or at least i think he did a lot more than her. Most articles of her against him people come up with here are written in magazines she doesnt even give interviews to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB Because I defend him when I think it is called for that equates with being a "fan" in some peoples minds.:rolleyes:

Erm Nicola. When i said "the idea of a PA fan defending CP is ghastly" .. i meant what i said, a fan, i wasn't specifically meaning you at all. Sorry for any confusion there :)
This discussion has been closed.