I hope Beth wins

Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
Forum Member
The judges have had it in for her since the series has started and they trash her performances and have acted completely unprofessional.

She is a fantastic ice dancer who deserves the trophy and I hope she wins to sicken that horrible panel.

Comments

• johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the Champion of Champions series - it should be about who people think is the best, not about who people perceive to have been undermarked/been treated badly by the judges.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    I hope she wins too. Shes my favourite and I will be voting for her.
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Beth wins because IMO she is the best there.
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    This is the Champion of Champions series - it should be about who people think is the best, not about who people perceive to have been undermarked/been treated badly by the judges.

Yes and Beth is a worthy champion who is being downgraded by the judges.

She deserves the trophy despite what they think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    Yes and Beth is a worthy champion who is being downgraded by the judges.

She deserves the trophy despite what they think.

Me too, I am voting for Beth too, she is the best ice skater and ice dancer and does amazing tricks too, she is a very worthy champion of champions!!
  • Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Beth alot and I'm happy she's in the final, but Ray is the strongest overall and I still expect him to win. Especially when his fans realise the dangers of assuming he's safe.
  • camy934camy934 Posts: 1,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want Beth to win :) , not as the 'anti-beth' mob that have come out of the woodwork tonight believe, I want her to win because I believe she is the best there and is my favorite :)
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    camy934 wrote: »
    I want Beth to win :) , not as the 'anti-beth' mob that have come out of the woodwork tonight believe, I want her to win because I believe she is the best there and is my favorite :)

Funny how they have;-)
  • DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    The judges have had it in for her since the series has started and they trash her performances and have acted completely unprofessional.

She is a fantastic ice dancer who deserves the trophy and I hope she wins to sicken that horrible panel.

Sorry but I don't agree, Hayley and Ray are the two best for me!
  • xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too, she's the most likeable one left, didn't have any skating or dancing experience before the show and it's clear the judges have it in for her just like last series. She also does different new tricks, lifts and skating that we haven't seen before.
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Beth and I wanted her to win last year (and voted for her to do so). However, Ray is so much better than anyone else that it would be it would just be madness if he didn't win. That is no disrespect to the other two - he is just...better.
  • LayzeegoatLayzeegoat Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xKatieLx wrote: »
    Me too, she's the most likeable one left, didn't have any skating or dancing experience before the show and it's clear the judges have it in for her just like last series. She also does different new tricks, lifts and skating that we haven't seen before.

What's "likeability" got to do with it? Yes, Beth's likeable because she's very humble, and that's one of the reasons why she's so popular with the voting public. I like her too (there's nothing not to like). Technically, she's a good skater, but she lacks the performance and wow factor for me and for the judges. Why would the judges "have it in for her"? That's ridiculous. There's no conspiracy; they mark according to who they think has skated and performed the best, and I tend to agree with them. The viewing puplic have a chance to have their say.

This shouldn't be a popularity contest. It should be about who's the best all-round skater, which includes technical ability and performance. For me, that person is Ray by a country mile. Therefore, I want Ray to win. Nothing else comes into it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Layzeegoat wrote: »
    What's "likeability" got to do with it? Yes, Beth's likeable because she's very humble, and that's one of the reasons why she's so popular with the voting public. I like her too (there's nothing not to like). Technically, she's a good skater, but she lacks the performance and wow factor for me and for the judges. Why would the judges "have it in for her"? That's ridiculous. There's no conspiracy; they mark according to who they think has skated and performed the best, and I tend to agree with them. The viewing puplic have a chance to have their say.

This shouldn't be a popularity contest. It should be about who's the best all-round skater, which includes technical ability and performance. For me, that person is Ray by a country mile. Therefore, I want Ray to win. Nothing else comes into it.
    I know it's not strictly a popularity contest but I'd rather see someone like Beth who has an attitude of I'll try my best and take the judges comments on board win rather than Ray who slagged off Hayley & Beth and said he was shocked to be in the skate off. Yes, we should vote for ice dancing but to me as a voter I'd rather vote for someone who I'd be happy to see win rather than someone who I wouldn't. Also Beth has came from no performance / no skating background. Ray has came from a ballroom and latin dancing, rollerskating and performance background. I also feel Beth has progressed the most since the start of the contest and whilst no one would ever reach Ray's level I'd be happy to see her lift the trophy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Layzeegoat wrote: »

Hello Jason is that you? ;-)
  • BrightestStarBrightestStar Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    I know it's not strictly a popularity contest but I'd rather see someone like Beth who has an attitude of I'll try my best and take the judges comments on board win rather than Ray who slagged off Hayley & Beth and said he was shocked to be in the skate off. Yes, we should vote for ice dancing but to me as a voter I'd rather vote for someone who I'd be happy to see win rather than someone who I wouldn't. Also Beth has came from no performance / no skating background. Ray has came from a ballroom and latin dancing, rollerskating and performance background. I also feel Beth has progressed the most since the start of the contest and whilst no one would ever reach Ray's level I'd be happy to see her lift the trophy.

When has he ever slagged off Hayley and/or Beth? :confused:

As for saying he was shocked to be in the skate off - he actually said he had prepared himself to be in the skate off and knew he was vulnerable tonight so again :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When has he ever slagged off Hayley and/or Beth? :confused:

As for saying he was shocked to be in the skate off - he actually said he had prepared himself to be in the skate off and knew he was vulnerable tonight so again :confused:

When he was talking to Phil about being in the skate off, he said being against Sam was the worst possible scenario for him and said he was shocked to the bones or something about the result.
    Forum Member
    When he was talking to Phil about being in the skate off, he said being against Sam was the worst possible scenario for him and said he was shocked to the bones or something about the result.

I've no idea how that translates to slagging off anyone or being shocked to be in the skate off - so it's still :confused: from me.

I certainly do not interpret anything he said to be against anyone or being shocked to be in the skate off particularly when as I said he'd already said he'd prepared himself to be and knew he was vulnerable.

Very strange!
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member

And how is that slagging off Beth and Hayley? What were you expecting? That he be jumping up and down with joy? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've no idea how that translates to slagging off anyone or being shocked to be in the skate off - so it's still :confused: from me.

I certainly do not interpret anything he said to be against anyone or being shocked to be in the skate off particularly when as I said he'd already said he'd prepared himself to be and knew he was vulnerable.

Very strange!
    Daewos wrote: »
    And how is that slagging off Beth and Hayley? What were you expecting? That he be jumping up and down with joy? :confused:
    My point is saying essentially that me and Sam are better than Hayley and Beth isn't exactly a very nice thing, if I was Ray I'd say something like obviously it's a shame to be in the skate off but the standard's so high, well done to Beth and Hayley and good luck to Sam we're going to go out and skate our best. Saying Hayley and Beth aren't as good as himself and saying he was shocked to the bones to be in the skate off just comes across quite rude to the girls but that's just my own opinion.
    Forum Member
    My point is saying essentially that me and Sam are better than Hayley and Beth isn't exactly a very nice thing, if I was Ray I'd say something like obviously it's a shame to be in the skate off but the standard's so high, well done to Beth and Hayley and good luck to Sam we're going to go out and skate our best. Saying Hayley and Beth aren't as good as himself and saying he was shocked to the bones to be in the skate off just comes across quite rude to the girls but that's just my own opinion.

You read him being shocked as a slagging of your favourite because he did not take the time in a very short interview to praise her to the heavens? I didn't see the interview so let me ask you - did he say that Hayley and Beth were not as good as him?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »
    You read him being shocked as a slagging of your favourite because he did not take the time in a very short interview to praise her to the heavens? I didn't see the interview so let me ask you - did he say that Hayley and Beth were not as good as him?

He said he was shocked to be in the skate off then said Sam was the worst person to be up against. It heavily implied he thought Beth and Hayley should've been there instead.

Also, I'd rather you didn't criticise me and / or other Beth fans as I can see your post on the other thread saying people supporting Beth on the forums tonight are "really unpleasant people." Yes, I'd like Beth to win and I'm not a fan of Ray but please don't criticise other DS users and call them unpleasant people because they don't have the same favourite as you. DS is a place to discuss the show, your favourites, the routines etc but don't attack other posters on a personal level because they don't share the same opinion as you. :)
    Forum Member

Well to be fair they don't get too much speaking time but anyway what you were referring with regard to Sam was said after they had both skated.

Also him saying Sam was the worst case scenario in the skate off makes sense as he has been creeping closer to him in the scoring recently, last week Sam was 2nd to him on the leaderboard after the 1st and 2nd skates so logically his nearest rival plus it could well have been as they are both male so it's a little more of a direct comparison.

I'm afraid you do seem to be making unfair assumptions and putting words out there that he didn't actually say.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well to be fair they don't get too much speaking time but anyway what you were referring with regard to Sam was said after they had both skated.

Also him saying Sam was the worst case scenario in the skate off makes sense as he has been the creeping closer to him in the scoring recently, last week Sam was 2nd to him on the leaderboard after the 1st and 2nd skates so logically his nearest rival plus it could well have been as they are both male so it's a little more of a direct comparison.

I'm afraid you do seem to be making unfair assumptions and putting words out there that he didn't actually say.

He said Sam was the worst person to be up against implying that Sam was a better competitor than Hayley and Beth which I found a little distasteful saying the public voted wrong and the girls should've been in the skate off. Sam was 4th this week.
    Forum Member
    He said he was shocked to be in the skate off then said Sam was the worst person to be up against. It heavily implied he thought Beth and Hayley should've been there instead.

Also, I'd rather you didn't criticise me and / or other Beth fans as I can see your post on the other thread saying people supporting Beth on the forums tonight are "really unpleasant people." Yes, I'd like Beth to win and I'm not a fan of Ray but please don't criticise other DS users and call them unpleasant people because they don't have the same favourite as you. DS is a place to discuss the show, your favourites, the routines etc but don't attack other posters on a personal level because they don't share the same opinion as you. :)

Now firstly, I didn't name anyone and it was a general point about a number of comments which were, in my opinion, a bit uncalled for. Mostly the personal digs and sheer pleasure that some are taking from this are a bit OTT - have a dig at the judges for their decisions by all means but the sheer vitriol at Hayley and Ray is not nice. Just my opinion for what it is worth.

As to my question - so Ray didn't have a go at Hayley and Beth but you read into that he was being disrespectful?
  • LayzeegoatLayzeegoat Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think you're trying to see the worst in Ray. I haven't seen him "slag off" anyone. Ray comes across to me as a nice person but rightly confident in his abilities. Beth hasn't come from a skating background, but she's used to performing as a gymnast (floor exercise?) and has that fearlessness which, in itself, is an advantage when it comes to skating. If you think she deserves to win, that's fine. I think Ray does simply because he's the best skater. No other factors come into it. If they were in Big Brother (which is a popularity contest), I might feel differently.

And no, I'm not Jason :D. We agree (as probably the rest of the Ice Panel do) about Ray, but that's about the only thing we have in common! (I realise it was a different poster who made the Jason remark.)