Options

The Doctor and The Dalek

FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone played this?

I have and it is rubbish.

The BBC did not have what it takes to make another game, so what did they do?

Teach a bunch of uneducated .... into how to create a programme.

How sad and pathetic.

Comments

• Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC is trying to use a popular franchise to encourage learning by our children? I'm sickened.
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TEDR wrote: »
    The BBC is trying to use a popular franchise to encourage learning by our children? I'm sickened.

Its an outrage isn't it. Forget cancelling Doctor Who. We should just cancel the BBC. Immediately. Then we can let our lord and master Rupert Murdoch educate the feral youth of this sorry nation. Ahhhh. That's better.
  • Options
    caveatmancaveatman Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Because either being educated by the BBC or Murdoch is all there is and there is no scope for any other way to learn about the world? The BBC and the Murdoch empires are as insidious as each other for promoting ways people should think and behave as ways of propogating their respective continued survival. You dont actually have to take your lead for how to see the world from either of them, neither of which actually reflect the complexity and variety of society because they both deal in demonising and promoting types of people to suit their own particular agenda to prove their relevance/worth by seeking to lead/create public opinion.

People who see the world the way Murdoch or the BBC want them to are not all that educated.
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    FIFA1966 wrote: »
    Has anyone played this?

Given that your profile says you're 40, and the game was designed to support learning for 7-14 year-olds, I'd say you're not exactly the target demographic. Nor are any of us, I expect.

How sad and pathetic.
    Yes! Only the educated should be taught things!
  • Options
    LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FIFA1966 wrote: »
    Has anyone played this?

The BBC did not have what it takes to make another game, so what did they do?

How sad and pathetic.

Well, you're a little ray of sunshine aren't you!?

Surely everyone is uneducated in something till they are taught? This thread is ridiculous.
  • Options
    ukgnomeukgnome Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The game is immaterial, the mechanics of the game and how it teaches young 'uns the principals of programming is something close to my heart.

Maybe the OP can devise a way of sneaking in a bit of learning VB to the whelps.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    caveatman wrote: »
    Because either being educated by the BBC or Murdoch is all there is and there is no scope for any other way to learn about the world?

Nobody here has said or implied that. There's therefore no reason to assume that anybody here thinks it.
  • Options
    caveatmancaveatman Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    TEDR wrote: »
    Nobody here has said or implied that. There's therefore no reason to assume that anybody here thinks it.

From the post I posted in response to

"Its an outrage isn't it. Forget cancelling Doctor Who. We should just cancel the BBC. Immediately. Then we can let our lord and master Rupert Murdoch educate the feral youth of this sorry nation. Ahhhh. That's better"

Seems like a very strong implication that without the apparent regulating goodness of the BBC the evil Murdoch influence wins out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    caveatman wrote: »
    From the post I posted in response to

"Its an outrage isn't it. Forget cancelling Doctor Who. We should just cancel the BBC. Immediately. Then we can let our lord and master Rupert Murdoch educate the feral youth of this sorry nation. Ahhhh. That's better"

Seems like a very strong implication that without the apparent regulating goodness of the BBC the evil Murdoch influence wins out.

I think that post was just having a laugh. Unless I read everything I see completely wrong.

It's possible.
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LightMeUp wrote: »
    I think that post was just having a laugh. Unless I read everything I see completely wrong.

It's possible.

Funnily enough I was although on balance I think the BBC is for the most part a fine and noble institution that we as a nation should be proud of.

The Murdoch Empire is...well. We don't need to rehash that do we.

If that makes me simple then so be it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LightMeUp wrote: »

It's possible.

Of course, it's always possible that the post was serious, making caveat man's point valid and showing that I read everything I see completely wrong. Definitely possible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funnily enough I was although on balance I think the BBC is for the most part a fine and noble institution that we as a nation should be proud of.

The Murdoch Empire is...well. We don't need to rehash that do we.

If that makes me simple then so be it.

I'll be simple with you. The BBC may be Saville toting nutcases but they made Sherlock and we don't have to compare any meerkats when we watch it so I'm with you.
  • Options
    NerdyMageeNerdyMagee Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    I thought the game was reasonably fun, and Capaldi's voice acting made it even better.
  • Options
    bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was very fun (I only did the coding bits). It was a shame that the most efficient code didn't involve any IF functions in the final level (well at least it was my way of doing the most efficient programme). Making more efficient coding and IF functions is very useful in the world of work so I am glad they teaching young people skills that are useful to employers. I can't wait for the Boolean Logic coding levels also they should do Statistics themed levels.
  • Options
    trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's nothing worse than teaching a bunch of uneducated.
  • Options
    FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trollface wrote: »

Exactly true, how will the uneducated learn that without education and learning, they will not be able to move forward in life rather than living in the past?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trollface wrote: »

Surely that's what teaching is for by definition?

Hot fact: children say the funniest things, but so would you if you'd never read a book.
  • Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't realise it had been released yet.