Options

Very confused and not sleeping ....

BingedrinkerBingedrinker Posts: 785
Forum Member
✭✭
This could be quite a long story but I will try and keep it as brief as possible.

It was my friends birthday on Saturday and we decided to meet in the pub at 3 for lunch and a few drinks. Well it all escalated in an all day drinking session and we were all pretty smashed come 9. I know people on here will say don't drink so much, blah, blah, blah but despite my username I haven't been so out of control for a long time. We went into town and I bumped into loads of people that I have known for years and we all ended up going to a club. I can't remember the club at all but remember getting a taxi after with 4 boys that I have known since I was 5. I invited them in and don't remember a lot. I'm having little flashbacks of me making a complete fool out of myself and telling them extremely personal things about myself that I would never normally say.

Anyway, getting to the whole point of this story, I remember kissing one of them and the next thing I know we're in bed. The other boys barged in but that bit is extremely hazy. I know the others didn't do anything to me as apparently they were disgusted with the other boy for taking advantage as they know I wouldn't normally look at his twice. When I woke up at 12.30 the next day, everyone had gone and my house looked like a bomb had hit it. I was so confused and wanted the ground to open up as things started coming back to me during the day. I've barely eaten or slept since as I feel so ashamed of myself and I see them people around all the time. They have such big mouths and I know I will be the subject of gossip now for the next few weeks.

I really could kick myself for getting into such a situation and don't know how I'll face everyone again.

Any advice would be appreciated! Sorry to ramble.

Comments

• Options
    wenchwench Posts: 8,928
    Forum Member
    Doesn't look like there is much you can do seeing as you cant reverse time.

I guess the only thing you can try is to contact the people involved and ask nicely that they dont go spreading rumours.

However these things do and will blow over with time, at the end of the day who cares what you do as long as you didn't hurt anyone.

The only good thing to come out of it is that hopefully you will think twice before doing such a thing again. We all make mistakes, but its not so bad as long as we learn from itl
  • Options
    your mothers bfyour mothers bf Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    Lots of people have done the same. After a heavy session plenty of people have been in the same boat, waking up to a boudoir of horror. I once in my 20's woke up and saw some false teeth at the side of a strange bed, I couldnt even bring myselt to lift the covers to see what she looked like, I knew it would be bad but looking would have made me suicidal i think, I just got out quick, had a lengthy shower and just drank for a few days to forget.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lots of people have done the same. After a heavy session plenty of people have been in the same boat, waking up to a boudoir of horror. I once in my 20's woke up and saw some false teeth at the side of a strange bed, I couldnt even bring myselt to lift the covers to see what she looked like, I knew it would be bad but looking would have made me suicidal i think, I just got out quick, had a lengthy shower and just drank for a few days to forget.

Oh god, I just spat my tea all over the screen!! Thanks for cheering me up, I think you win hands down ........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wench wrote: »
    Doesn't look like there is much you can do seeing as you cant reverse time.

I guess the only thing you can try is to contact the people involved and ask nicely that they dont go spreading rumours.

However these things do and will blow over with time, at the end of the day who cares what you do as long as you didn't hurt anyone.

The only good thing to come out of it is that hopefully you will think twice before doing such a thing again. We all make mistakes, but its not so bad as long as we learn from itl

That's true, thank you Wench. Though it's definately not the first time I have made a fool out of myself and done something I shouldn't have, I think I have actually learnt something this time.

I did phone one of the boys on Sunday afternoon when I woke up but they'd apparently left mine at 11am so he was half asleep and didn't say much when I asked him not to say anything. I have tried contacting him since but no luck!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This could be quite a long story but I will try and keep it as brief as possible.

It was my friends birthday on Saturday and we decided to meet in the pub at 3 for lunch and a few drinks. Well it all escalated in an all day drinking session and we were all pretty smashed come 9. I know people on here will say don't drink so much, blah, blah, blah but despite my username I haven't been so out of control for a long time. We went into town and I bumped into loads of people that I have known for years and we all ended up going to a club. I can't remember the club at all but remember getting a taxi after with 4 boys that I have known since I was 5. I invited them in and don't remember a lot. I'm having little flashbacks of me making a complete fool out of myself and telling them extremely personal things about myself that I would never normally say.

Anyway, getting to the whole point of this story, I remember kissing one of them and the next thing I know we're in bed. The other boys barged in but that bit is extremely hazy. I know the others didn't do anything to me as apparently they were disgusted with the other boy for taking advantage as they know I wouldn't normally look at his twice. When I woke up at 12.30 the next day, everyone had gone and my house looked like a bomb had hit it. I was so confused and wanted the ground to open up as things started coming back to me during the day. I've barely eaten or slept since as I feel so ashamed of myself and I see them people around all the time. They have such big mouths and I know I will be the subject of gossip now for the next few weeks.

I really could kick myself for getting into such a situation and don't know how I'll face everyone again.

Any advice would be appreciated! Sorry to ramble.

Big Lesson learned here sweetheart. Please try not to be so hard on yourself.

Most of us have made a complete fool of ourselves whilst under the influence of large amounts of alcohol. Many of us have ended up in bed with someone we should not have done.

Chalk it up to experience and promise yourself you will NEVER do it again. People have short memories. Keep your head down for a few weeks until something more interesting happens.

If anyone mentions it say (a) you were completely out of it and totally drunk (b) you do not remember much about it and (c) you feel that the lad in question took advantage of you - he is lucky you did not report him for assault or even rape as you were too drunk to "consent". That'll soon shut him/ them up.

Hold your head high. Have dignity. Get yourself checked for Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Pregnancy.
    NEVER get in this sort of situation again. The minute you start to feel drunk, have a soft drink - or go home.
    Remember how you feel right now and do not repeat it.

It could have been a whole lot worse. Forgive yourself. Just be careful in future.

((big hug))
    x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There isn't much you can do, don't beat yourself up over it.

We have all done stupid things :o The embarrasment does lessen over time, give it about 10 years or so! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The majority of people have all had one too many and done something they wish they didn't.
    I have to say my experience similar to yours. I lost a bit of self respect and hibernated for a weekend or two.
    Although I did console myself with the fact that as much as the ugly repulsive naff who took advantage of me started bragging to all and sundry the outcome was that whilst he was bragging about getting me, most folks who knew me said he was a dispicable human being and the only way he could of got a stunner:Dlike me was to get me totally p!ssed.

Don't be too hard on yourself.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There i said it, I shagged a fugly!!!;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm definately going to be hibernating for a while! I'm really worried about the bits that I can't remember as the things that I can are bad enough! Oh dear but I suppose it could have been worse (which I keep telling myself to make myself feel better), I could have had a threesome with them :eek:

I'm just worried about my family finding out as well as they are good friends with my brothers and cousins. I'm old enough to make my own mistakes but they will be horrified that I allowed them in my house when I was alone as they have reputations for not being very "savoury".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once you were incapable of comprehending the situation you were taken advantage of. The only thing that you did that was wrong was getting too drunk and landing in a very vulnerable situation. I would reckon your so called friends are not feeling too proud of themselves to be shouting about it.

Please, please just try and chalk it down to a stupid drunken experience and try not let it affect the rest of your life.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Despite the username I think that drink caused a lot of your loose tongue sessions. You should be glad that no one has accused you of rape because you wouldn't remember.
    Don't drink so much or let anyone have access to your glass or bottle incase they lace it. Not all friends are true friends.
    Don't be so trusting next time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrsSpoon wrote: »
    Despite the username I think that drink caused a lot of your loose tongue sessions. You should be glad that no one has accused you of rape because you wouldn't remember.
    Don't drink so much or let anyone have access to your glass or bottle incase they lace it. Not all friends are true friends.
    Don't be so trusting next time.

Yes I know, didn't I point this out in the opening post???

So 4 men can accuse one extremely drunken girl of rape can they?? Ok, I appreciate your opinion but it doesn't make much sense to me.
  • Options
    slapmattslapmatt Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're only young once. In a few weeks you'll look back on the whole incident and laugh.

Everybody needs a few good "i was soooo drunk" stories!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

admit it, it was Albert Steptoe...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope we are reassuring you and making you laugh "BingeDrinker".

Chalk it up to experience. Nobody died. Be careful in future.

(((hugs)))
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member

If you were that drunk and didn't check before you left the following morning - are you sure it was a woman :eek:

Only joking your story made me larf :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,727
    Forum Member
    You got drunk and made a mistake,, that's cool.

I've just read your first message and I don't think any less of you for it. Its not a perfect world and none us are perfect.
    Apart from your pride, no one has got hurt as a result of your actions, what happened does not make you a bad person. Put the TV on and look on the news at all the bad things going on, it will put things into context.

I really wouldn't mention it again or try to contact the lads. It will soon become old news, people forget very quick.

Please don't feel ashamed.

As for not sleeping/ Eating:
    have a busy day with lots of fresh air and walking, no booze in the evening and a hot milky drink an hour before bedtime also try and get the lights low, clothes on you feel comfortable in and watch a nice film, with a feel good factor Try Stardust or When Harry met Sally, you know the sort of film I mean.

I have been to drunk many times where I can't remember the night before and I too have done things that I regret, In time it's forgotten.

Hope this helps ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be more concerned over wether he used protection to be honest and if he didn't then first you need to get yourself checked for std etc and then you need to go and rip his manhood off and shove it where the sun don't shine. ;)
  • Options
    frisky pythonfrisky python Posts: 9,737
    Forum Member
    If as you say they're good friends with your brothers and cousins, they won't be gossiping about you or telling all and sundry. You were all drunk and things happened, no-one's in a position to judge, incl those boys. Shooting their mouths off will just make them look like uncaring oafs.

I'd just echo another FM and get tested for both STIs and pregnancy at the earliest opportunity. And please be careful in future, because next time it might not be 4 guys you know taking advantage but complete strangers IYSWIM.

Chalk it all down to an experience, never to be repeated!
  • Options
    MadgeMadge Posts: 6,492
    Forum Member
    I'm definately going to be hibernating for a while! I'm really worried about the bits that I can't remember as the things that I can are bad enough! Oh dear but I suppose it could have been worse (which I keep telling myself to make myself feel better), I could have had a threesome with them :eek:

I'm just worried about my family finding out as well as they are good friends with my brothers and cousins. I'm old enough to make my own mistakes but they will be horrified that I allowed them in my house when I was alone as they have reputations for not being very "savoury".

Don't you dare!!

Let's be realistic...you got pished and went to bed with someone you wouldn't normally bother with. You're not the first and you certainly won't be the last. I'm sure 99% of FM's have done it, myself included.

You haven't done anything wrong and there's absolutely no reason why you should hide yourself away. Hold your head up!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope we are reassuring you and making you laugh "BingeDrinker".

Chalk it up to experience. Nobody died. Be careful in future.

(((hugs)))

Thank you Book Club Babe, everyone has been great and I'm finally able to laugh about the whole thing! Though I do still feel mortified and keep my head down on the way to the station in the mornings but hopefully that won't last much longer.

In response to the STD and pregnancy checks, I did get the morning after pill from Boots at about 4pm the next day and I will get to the clinic as soon as possible! I can imagine he's not too 'clean' if you get my drift.

Thank you all for your advice, I will be far more careful from now on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bingedrinker

* assumes stance of freelance plumber/sparky *

* sharp intake of breath *

Ah, there's your problem.
  • Options
    michelle666michelle666 Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're not the first and you certainly won't be the last person to get drunk and make an arse of themselves.

I think I spent a fair portion of my early 20's waking up with that "oh crap, what did I do last night" feeling. Mostly it wasn't as bad as I thought, but there were definitely a few times I'd happily have hibernated for a year or so.

You may be the source of gossip for a few days, but the chances are it seems like a bigger deal to you than it does to them. Who cares anyway, there's far worse things you could have done.

Just mark that off your list of things to do before you die and stick to orange juice in future. :D