Options

Will you be watching if Jade decides to die on live tv?

Comments

• Options
    RuthStarRuthStar Posts: 5,729
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't no, I lost my aunt to the same cancer jade has.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would never want to watch Jade or anyone else die.

There'll be images in the papers though if it's broadcast,won't there? So even if you opt out of watching it,you'll still be bombarded with it if you want to read a paper the next day.

I seriously think,regardless of the fact that it's her choice,that if she does decide to have her death broadcast she's gone too far.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I chose to go out of the room when my own Mother died, I certainly wouldn't want to see anyone else die.

I stayed with me Mam when she went - 18 months later it still isnt straight in my head if it was a good or bad thing...

i think Miss Goody can do enough without people watching her slip away but you have to give her credit for wanting to promote the issue and have people have tests etc...
  • Options
    kazzykazzy Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    I have no interest in watching anyone die. And especially someone who I had no interest in during their life.

It's a tragedy for her and her family, but no worse than thousands of familes go through every year.

If you had no interest in her then you would not have clicked onto this thread let alone bothered to post on it.
  • Options
    yagyag Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    caras wrote: »
    Do you think it’s a positive step for the recognition of cervical cancer? Apparently 20% more women are booking a smear test.

Jade has supposedly admitted she is doing it for her boys and public awareness.

I also feel that she is probably seeking a little bit of self glory, kind of a going down in history kind of thing, but is it a step to far?

Personally I wouldn't watch it, although I can understand her reasons, I think.

I'd watch her die on tv. Why not?
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Beer wrote: »
    Is she definitely going to die? Is it a certain or are we still talking in percentages?

she'll be lynched if she doesn't...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    It's very sad. Although I don't like her, I feel sorry for her. BUT we all die. We will, all of us, eventually go through an experience similar to Jade's. Given that, must we also endure everyone else's, including Jade's, suffering? Can't we just enjoy our own short lives without paying penance to those that are dying around us?

Jade's situation is haunting me. I don't know her, but I find it very disturbing and I don't know why I am supposed to care more for Jade than, say, the 22 year old soldier that just got killed in Iraq. This make me feel annoyed. When I die. I will do it quietly. No one will notice or care. I won't be a headline or even a footnote. I wouldn't want it any other way.
  • Options
    gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    BBTIME wrote: »
    From what the BBC were saying the filming of Jade will finish with the wedding on Sunday. Now i'm assuming that means nobody will be allowed to film her after this point. I'm sure she'll still do the odd photoshoot (for want of a better term)

I somehow think that she should be advised not to do it, even if it was asked of her. I don't think it would be fair on her children to have the images and footage of their mother's final minutes so easily accessable - especially as it doesn't need to be.

Personally, it's not something I'd ever want to watch. That time should be left private for those who really do love and care for her - not the media junkies.

I've read that MC has suggested to her that the wedding should be the last thing filmed for her show. I agree that type of footage should not be out there for the sake of the children.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,253
    Forum Member
    gerbils wrote: »
    Your bloody sick the lot of you leaving abuse and nasty things on here! She has made mistakes but we have all. Leave her alone and if the moderators of this forum have any sense they would shut this topic down!

There are some very unwell and personality-disordered people on the internet - just report them and don't let them upset you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    It's very sad. Although I don't like her, I feel sorry for her. BUT we all die. We will, all of us, eventually go through an experience similar to Jade's. Given that, must we also endure everyone else's, including Jade's, suffering? Can't we just enjoy our own short lives without paying penance to those that are dying around us?

Jade's situation is haunting me. I don't know her, but I find it very disturbing and I don't know why I am supposed to care more for Jade than, say, the 22 year old soldier that just got killed in Iraq. This make me feel annoyed. When I die. I will do it quietly. No one will notice or care. I won't be a headline or even a footnote. I wouldn't want it any other way.

A very poignant and thoughtful post mercury - I feel very much the same way and thank you for putting things into perspective.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,677
    Forum Member
    If anybody here seriously thinks that the wedding (i'm appalled at the very mention of it) will be the last image, film, interview or article, then you're badly mistaken.

there will be three-times weekly coverage of this from now until the final day. that's every sunday, every tuesday and every friday. i guarantee it.

the gaunter she gets, the bigger the photographs will be.

the more schlebs latch onto this circus-of-despair, the bigger the deals will be.

it will become possibly the most tacky, distasteful and utterly tragic example of the media's total lack of morality, decency or taste.

the public will be blamed for our "hunger" for it, i really hope for all our sakes that a rising opposition makes it clear that some things are too precious, too private and too painful to become just another tool in the tabloids ratings battles.
  • Options
    mr.ianmr.ian Posts: 4,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this on the red button?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    I feel saddened that this topics is being joked about, filming her final days while she is lucid enough then fair enough, but to film her final breath no no no.
    I have lost 3 aunts and 2 uncles to cancer and also my mother in law, it is a horrid soul destroying illness which emotional wrecks all those arounf the one who is ill.
    I hope and pray she listens to Max and it is one thing trying to leave a decent life finacial for your kids but I think no amount of money will erase the memories that the money came from 5 million viewers watching their mum die.

I really feel for Jade, jeff and the kids, Jackiey and her grandparents too. Jack I think would sell her body after death if he thought he could make some money on it.

Hope they do realise when to draw the line. :cry:
    I am emotional enough reading about her life just now never mind watching it end :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    I find this a far more interesting thread than many other Jade related topics on the forums.

It is amazing how selective some people'e memories are.

We were first introduced to Jade as yet another wannabe celebrity on a reality tv show seeking her 15 minutes of fame. Through her ignorance and general lack of self control she gained recognition and was able to build a tabloid career of sorts following her leaving the house. (It should be pointed out she didnt even win the series). She gained much more fame by returning to the tv show and becoming a public hate figure following her comments towards an Indian movie star.

she was publically rejected by millions for her comments and lack of concern, until a very clever publicist stepped in and advised her. She never regained her previous popularity and was forced to try and redeem herself with the SAME tv show in a new format.

I am sure that MANY people when they first heard about the cancer and how Jade was informed were convinced it was yet another publicity stunt. I for one was almost certain it was a con.

And all of a sudden, when it becomes clear that its NOT a con, that she really IS dieing, and all the past is forgotten. All the people that didnt like this accidental celebrity before, are forced to either
    a) pretend they do and offer concern and kind words
    b) keep quiet and suffer all the publicity on a celebrity they cant stand but cant talk negatively about.

Clearly Jade is now a very sad case as she really is fighting for her life against a terrible disease and loosing, but WHY do we have to suddenly forget everything that has gone before and be nice?

Why do we have to be continually subjected to every last second of this whole saga? I really couldnt care less about the line that this is all for the boys, NOW she, and her publicist are being greedy in getting all they can while they still can.
    gerbils wrote: »
    Your bloody sick hope you never have to go through the same thing! nutter!

I agree that some people have voiced comments that others may find offensive, but there are MANY hypocritical people who have previously said how much they hate Jade, now saying how sad it is.

People die EVERY day. Why do we have to listen to so much about just one person? why can she not now go quietly into the background and make the most of the time she has left with the people that matter most, her sons. with so much time being spent on last publicity, these poor boys are missing out on the time left with their mother. They are the true victims, along with all the other children of all the other people to die before their time.
  • Options
    spodo komodospodo komodo Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    mr.ian wrote: »
    Is this on the red button?

Wouldn't surprise me, but not freeview, strictly pay-per-view I expect.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    caras wrote: »
    Do you think it’s a positive step for the recognition of cervical cancer? Apparently 20% more women are booking a smear test.

Jade has supposedly admitted she is doing it for her boys and public awareness.

I also feel that she is probably seeking a little bit of self glory, kind of a going down in history kind of thing, but is it a step to far?

Personally I wouldn't watch it, although I can understand her reasons, I think.

Oh and money. Don't forget the bit about the money.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jenilou88 wrote: »
    Not a chance in all. No such thing should ever be broadcast.

It's been done before.
    I remember a man dying on TV with his family around him a few years ago. He was breathing very shallowly, and then stopped.
    It wasn't something which was of any particular value to me, I think I'd have preferred not to have watched it, and I can't see myself being that eager to watch the same sort of thing again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cosmo wrote: »
    Nobody in the spotlight has ever been so open about every aspect of this illness before. I must admit I feel very uncomfortable about it all. I'm sure others find it fascinating and many find it upsetting. It reminds us all that we are mere mortals.

I'm sure if the TV company she is signed to can get the regulatory authorities to agree to it she will have her death filmed and screened.

People can think what they like of this woman (I've never really taken much notice of her or any of the programmes she's been in) but her being so open has brought this indescribably awful disease onto the front pages of many newspapers on an almost daily basis - and I understand the amount of women requesting cancer screenings has risen.

If it is screened I may watch it - cringing as I peep through the gaps in my fingers.

What are you talking about? Of course they have. People have often created journals or video diaries about this.
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have sky so I can't watch her on Living anyway. I really hope they don't film her actual death but have to admit that if it was put up on youtube I probably would be curious and watch it.
    I hope she uses the wedding as a final way of saving some money for the kids and then tells the cameramen to go away and leave her alone. I have a feeling she is somewhat addicted to the attention though. With what she's going through I wouldn't call her on it though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are you? How d'you work that one out?
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I do not think Jade has thought it through

It may not be the case that she just peacefully passes away.

She may be very distressed, although the medication might let her pass away peacefully.

Other things may happen at death, she wont wish her children to see, how could she ever conceive that people would want to view her passing.

She has always opened her mouth without engaging her brain, this is just another example.
  • Options
    Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not on her show, as I've never watched it before and I'm fairly indifferent to her and everyone else on Big Brother, although if I happen to see it on the news of something I'm not going to post twenty threads on here or go for counselling.
    (And yes I know I'll get alerted for this post!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dunno what everyone's gettin so uptight about.

THIS HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE......

That doctor something or other that's got the afro hair & the hairy forearms had some old guy with stomach cancer taking his last breath on the BBC a few years back, it was something about him getting death out there as the final taboo & that no one needs to be afraid to die.....
    That said the poor old bugger was wazzed up to the eyeballs on morphine (as Jade Goody will be if this is shown) to the extent that he just 'slipped away' going from deep sleep & breathing to deep sleep stopped breathing......to dead.
    Cancer victims tend to go like this, as they are given boatloads of meds for the pain. The only thing you would notice is that ther bodies are usually utterly ravaged by this insidious disease & there would be nothing 'uplifting' or educational about watching this young lady breath her last on some sattelite channel voiced over by some vacuous airhead....If this does take place, it is nothing more than a sickening money making act & ought to be watched by no one with any decency.
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    gilliedew wrote: »
    I do not think Jade has thought it through

It may not be the case that she just peacefully passes away.

She may be very distressed, although the medication might let her pass away peacefully.

Other things may happen at death, she wont wish her children to see, how could she ever conceive that people would want to view her passing.

She has always opened her mouth without engaging her brain, this is just another example.

Unless I have missed something (certainly possible as I haven't read any articles in the past days about Jade) I thought that all she has said is this:
    "I've lived my whole adult life talking about my life. The only difference is that I'm talking about my death now. It's OK. I've lived in front of the cameras. And maybe I'll die in front of them."

In context it seems more of a commentary than an intention. The papers then, as they tend to do, converted that comment into 'Jade might have her death filmed - shock/horror etc blah blah' headline. I can't see it happening myself.
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    On the BB forum MC says filming is stopping after the wedding.

He thinks the idea of her death being filmed is disgusting

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=30874563&postcount=7

Not going to happen.