The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 13)

Comments

• augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    ok here goes augusta
    a few suggestions

now if its really dry
    it might need a few intensive treatments

so anything with macadamia oil, perhaps a hair mask or the oil itself placed on the dry parts not the roots
    there is a whole range of products.
    By the way when placing the oil in
    its also great for dry hands :o

or the milkshake products are very good
    all can be found on the net

now these are a little expensive
    but ideal gifts :D

now there is a slightly cheaper option
    i do like the
    L'oreal products and they also now do a oil, to feed through the hair, but if she is using a hot iron on her hair every day
    she must put a protection serum on( again L'oreal do a good one elnett )
    otherwise its not dry hair..... it singed :o
    just stay away from tresemme

hope this helps :cool:

p.s not good to wash the hair everyday this will also just dry it out :o

thank you these are useful ideas.

I will have a look at getting some of them...

evening all , how is everyone?
    Forum Member
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »
    Hello all :)

Some lovely posts today....just like belonging to a club!

Glad nyannie is okay and good to hear from you all. Special thanks for the hair and beauty tips Georgy, and Lena I look forward to you keeping your resolution! :cool: Thanks ucra for your link which I think is cool, and Marion for your ever warm and insightful posts. Bblover it's great to see you back...let me know if you really need that bucket!

Went to the dentist today as had toothache ( or so I thought). He said the pain wasn't "tooth-based" after all, lol, so off I went to the GP. He concluded that I have "pain in the jaw joint".....well, I could have told him that, in fact I just had!:p The conclusion was that it "usually settles" with the help of copious amounts of painkillers. Oh joy!! So now, at for me the rather early hour of 11.53, I can hardly keep my eyes open

Will just have to go to bed :yawn:....some may say this is a good thing, anyway!

So I wish you all goodnight :yawn:, sleep tight :sleep::sleep:

Lindy xx

PS Enjoyed the footy tonight! :D

hope you feel better ......any kind of toothache or pain in your head can be excrutiating, so I hope they sort it out soon.

isnt it scary to see how badly some of the hospitals have been doing for patient care? We go as there as non experts trusting in the professionals to do a good job, which most people do do, but when it goes wrong it seems to go badly wrong. :(:(
  • Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    It could also be TMJ or arthritis of the jaw - if it persists, demand that you see a maxillofacial surgeon!
    augusta92 wrote: »
    hope you feel better ......any kind of toothache or pain in your head can be excrutiating, so I hope they sort it out soon.

isnt it scary to see how badly some of the hospitals have been doing for patient care? We go as there as non experts trusting in the professionals to do a good job, which most people do do, but when it goes wrong it seems to go badly wrong. :(:(

Thanks for your concern :)

I did ask the GP what would cause the pain, and he did say 'probably arthritis'. Since you posted, nyannie, I've looked up TMJ and it seems to dexcribe me to a T --as it were ;)

It is painful, yet I feel strangely comforted by having a probable diagnosis. That is, it isn't directly caused by stress etc :rolleyes: :)

If it persists, I certainly will go back...but I will bear in mind that the cure is sometimes as bad as the condition!

The hospital campaigners are doing a magnificent job on all our behalves, aren't they? I saw one of the 'principals' on Newsnight last night and you'd certainly want her in your corner. Great woman!
  • georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Hello all

Some lovely posts today....just like belonging to a club!

Glad nyannie is okay and good to hear from you all. Special thanks for the hair and beauty tips Georgy, and Lena I look forward to you keeping your resolution! :cool: Thanks ucra for your link which I think is cool, and Marion for your ever warm and insightful posts. Bblover it's great to see you back...let me know if you really need that bucket!

Went to the dentist today as had toothache ( or so I thought). He said the pain wasn't "tooth-based" after all, lol, so off I went to the GP. He concluded that I have "pain in the jaw joint".....well, I could have told him that, in fact I just had!:p The conclusion was that it "usually settles" with the help of copious amounts of painkillers. Oh joy!! So now, at for me the rather early hour of 11.53, I can hardly keep my eyes open :(

Will just have to go to bed :yawn:....some may say this is a good thing, anyway!

So I wish you all goodnight :yawn:, sleep tight :sleep::sleep:

Lindy xx

PS Enjoyed the footy tonight! :D

poor you lindy
    thats sounds very unpleasant
    must be very painful to eat
    keep a watch on it, and go back, if it doesn't improve
    soon

yes...... footy..... good :D always like a win :p
    Forum Member
    Morning all.

I'm back - still feeling a bit whacked out but glad to say everything is OK. One procedure to go, dentist, pain clinic, osteopath and physio to go - whew!

Thanks for your kind words Lena - it's been a pleasure. You have also given me lots of support (Gosh this thread is turning into a mutual admiration society).

Have I missed anything? Any news of our boy in Oz?

Read the hair discussion - I used to iron my hair with brown paper over it. Those were the days before all the numerous hair products. I remember that some people used to put olive oil on their hair as a conditioner and after putting the olive oil on they'd wrap their head in a warm towel. Certainly cheaper than buying all the feeders etc.

Good to see you back ucra.

I wonder when we will be getting a new thread. I thought there would be a new one by now! Oh well!

I use Daniel Galvin (DG) damaged hair

yeah nyannie is back
    missed you the last few days
    please all went ok,
    never heard of the brown paper, but might give the olive
    oil ago, well its cheap and might be worth a try :o:D
    Forum Member
    thank you these are useful ideas.

I will have a look at getting some of them...

evening all , how is everyone?

hope it helps
    let me know how it goes
    or if i need to hide
    but i have suggested this to other
    all have been very pleased
    no ones hair has fallen out :o
    not yet... at least :eek:
    Forum Member
    hope it helps
    let me know how it goes
    or if i need to hide
    but i have suggested this to other
    all have been very pleased
    no ones hair has fallen out :o
    not yet... at least :eek:

Just remembered what I used to do in the ...errm...60's (I was very young! :o) I used to like to have 'kiss curls' or 'bangs' like Cilla Black, so every night I'd wind my hair into a curl and stick it to my face with sellotape....ripped it off in the morning. Worked a treat...there were no boyfriends then to object or laugh!!! Well, there were, but they were entirely in my imagination! :o:D Not surprising, really........:p
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Just remembered what I used to do in the ...errm...60's (I was very young! :o) I used to like to have 'kiss curls' or 'bangs' like Cilla Black, so every night I'd wind my hair into a curl and stick it to my face with sellotape....ripped it off in the morning. Worked a treat...there were no boyfriends then to object or laugh!!! Well, there were, but they were entirely in my imagination! :o:D Not surprising, really........:p

Morning all

My hair is naturally curly and when I was young (I am NOT going to mention the years although you can probably guess) I wore mini-skirts and hot pants and had a pseudo-Mary Quant hairstyle - had to use brown paper and an iron to make my hair straight. I then grew my hair very long and wore it in a single braid behind my back. I was thin too so I looked 'fetching'.

Now I am from the wash and shake dry school of hair grooming. I even forget to use my moisturizer most days.

Anyway, hope everyone is well and happy - I hate to bang on, but I expected a new thread this morning - silly old me!

I'm doing an art class tomorrow so won't be back until
    Sunday!
  • Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .......and this is why I don't make New Years resolutions - I'm rubbish at keeping them. :D:p

Good afternoon everyone, so we're still here then no shiny new thread for us yet?

Are we all ready to grab something from our little home and make sure it goes with us? See I still have my packing and moving hat on. :D

My hair is of the 'frizzy when damp' variety nowadays. It used to be thick ringlets back in the day. :o I spend ages styling it straight and two minutes in the wind and I look as though I've been dragged through a hedge backwards. :eek:

Nothing from John? I guess he's enjoying the lovely summer down under. It's bloomin' cold here again today but at least the sun is still shining. :)

Enjoy your art class nyannie. :)
    Forum Member
    Lena J wrote: »
    .......and this is why I don't make New Years resolutions - I'm rubbish at keeping them. :D:p

Good afternoon everyone, so we're still here then no shiny new thread for us yet?

Are we all ready to grab something from our little home and make sure it goes with us? See I still have my packing and moving hat on. :D

My hair is of the 'frizzy when damp' variety nowadays. It used to be thick ringlets back in the day. :o I spend ages styling it straight and two minutes in the wind and I look as though I've been dragged through a hedge backwards. :eek:

Nothing from John? I guess he's enjoying the lovely summer down under. It's bloomin' cold here again today but at least the sun is still shining. :)

my hair is fine and curly as well......

its ok when i kind of work with it, and encourage the curl, but very hard to style differently, it might just be me, but..If and when I straighten it, it tends to rain or something, which automatically makes it curl up ....unless its plastered in hair spray or similar....

oops....

have a lovely time at your art course Nyannie.....:D
    Forum Member
    I almost despair of my hair these days :cry:

It has a mind of its own. If I'm going somewhere special, I can spend an hour trying to style it, and it just looks like I've been let out of an institution.....:eek:

If I spend the day at home, the cut and colour seem to do just what the hairdresser intended :rolleyes:.

I've come to the conclusion that it's a combination of stress, fatigue, and most importantly the weather, that makes the difference...and I can do very little about any of these...:p

So....no point in worrying too much, really! :D
    Forum Member
    Off to hit the hay now :)

Goodnight all :yawn:

Sleep well :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Lindy xx

PS Nyannie enjoy your art class :)
    Forum Member

lol... so you got nice kiss curls
    without the kissing
    and the odd sellotape forehead mark :D

well i think the sellotape companies have missed
    a very useful marketing ploy, Lindy x

good morning jjat
    Forum Member
    Morning all

My hair is naturally curly and when I was young (I am NOT going to mention the years although you can probably guess) I wore mini-skirts and hot pants and had a pseudo-Mary Quant hairstyle - had to use brown paper and an iron to make my hair straight. I then grew my hair very long and wore it in a single braid behind my back. I was thin too so I looked 'fetching'.

Now I am from the wash and shake dry school of hair grooming. I even forget to use my moisturizer most days.

Anyway, hope everyone is well and happy - I hate to bang on, but I expected a new thread this morning - silly old me!

I'm doing an art class tomorrow so won't be back until
    Sunday!

i so love that whole look
    really sums up an era
    i bet you looked more than fetching
    with those long legs of yours
    New York must of been a very exciting place to grow up :D

enjoy your art class , i really would love to see some of your work :D
    Forum Member
    .......and this is why I don't make New Years resolutions - I'm rubbish at keeping them.

Aren't we all :o

no.... no john news at all :cool:

Ringlets are lovely
    and Augusta has lovely curls to,
    my hair is thick, fine and dead straight

wouldn't hold a curl at all
    i even tried a perm once
    it lasted a week :o
    but i might try again
    now i've got lindy's sellotape tip :o:D
    Forum Member
    my hair is fine and curly as well......

its ok when i kind of work with it, and encourage the curl, but very hard to style differently, it might just be me, but..If and when I straighten it, it tends to rain or something, which automatically makes it curl up ....unless its plastered in hair spray or similar....

oops....

have a lovely time at your art course Nyannie.....:D

see, i said you had lovely curls , doesn't that
    happen to everyone, you do your hair
    then it starts to rain :D

Got to go now, need to sort out my car
    got a slow puncture, and its going down again :o:D
  • Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, we're still here then? Probably just as well, I haven't got a lot of time to straighten the place up if we have to move suddenly. :D

I remember seeing the tips in the women's magazines about sticking kiss curls to your cheeks Lindy, lol.

I also remember adapting the idea to try and keep my carefully straightened fringe straight......I ended up ripping great bits of hair out trying to get the tape off next morning. :o:eek:

Farah Fawcett was my saviour back in the mid seventies when it became the rage to have long layers cut in....took the weight out of my hair and actually looked half way decent.

Plus it saved me from the most horrendous mullet :o:o that most of us with longer hair had in the early seventies. :o:eek::D

Off out to choose some tiles for the kitchen, which I have a feeling is going to take a long time #cantmakeupmymind lol.

Have a good day folks.:)
    Forum Member
    Hello, we're still here then? Probably just as well, I haven't got a lot of time to straighten the place up if we have to move suddenly. :D

I remember seeing the tips in the women's magazines about sticking kiss curls to your cheeks Lindy, lol.

I also remember adapting the idea to try and keep my carefully straightened fringe straight......I ended up ripping great bits of hair out trying to get the tape off next morning. :o:eek:

Farah Fawcett was my saviour back in the mid seventies when it became the rage to have long layers cut in....took the weight out of my hair and actually looked half way decent.

Plus it saved me from the most horrendous mullet :o:o that most of us with longer hair had in the early seventies. :o:eek::D

Off out to choose some tiles for the kitchen, which I have a feeling is going to take a long time #cantmakeupmymind lol.

Have a good day folks.:)

have fun chosing tiles....we are eventually going to need to redo our kitchen, so ive been vaguely looking at things like this....

the choice mainly seems to be

white....

which is fine if thats what you like or want!!! It took me years to find something suitable for the spashback in the downstairs toilet !!!

morning all:D
    Forum Member
    see, i said you had lovely curls , doesn't that
    happen to everyone, you do your hair
    then it starts to rain :D

Got to go now, need to sort out my car
    got a slow puncture, and its going down again :o:D

thank you georgy....

I hope you get your car sorted out.........do you have a friendly local mechanic to help out, ? our local garage is really helpful, if not always the cheapest.
    Forum Member
    thank you georgy....

I hope you get your car sorted out.........do you have a friendly local mechanic to help out, ? our local garage is really helpful, if not always the cheapest.

when i said
    i was going to sort it out :o

this meant

i was going to ring Audi :D

it will be done on monday, back ones need changing to :(
    Forum Member
    when i said
    i was going to sort it out :o

this meant

i was going to ring Audi :D

it will be done on monday, back ones need changing to :(

Hey Georgy :D

Finally we're here at nearly the same time! Did you watch the rugby? I saw France v Wales.......apparently technically good but not my cup of tea at all .....sent me to sleep in fact!

Had a good afternoon shopping with daughter.....she loves the jeans and animal print scarf / top style....easy to get these days :) Now about to have an M & S Chinese meal with hubby .....oh, I know how to live the high life, don't I ? :rolleyes: It's lovely to have a nice quiet day for once :D;)
    Forum Member
    Hey Georgy :D

Finally we're here at nearly the same time! Did you watch the rugby? I saw France v Wales.......apparently technically good but not my cup of tea at all .....sent me to sleep in fact!

Had a good afternoon shopping with daughter.....she loves the jeans and animal print scarf / top style....easy to get these days :) Now about to have an M & S Chinese meal with hubby .....oh, I know how to live the high life, don't I ? :rolleyes: It's lovely to have a nice quiet day for once :D;)

nearly :D but i b*ggered of to look at coffee machines
    don,t want a pod one, so just missed each other :(

yes i watched the rugby, and have to agree, not a good match at all, hope for a better one tomorrow :D

now to me that sounds like a perfect evening , and a super
    day....... family.... now that can't be beat :D
  • nathalie1978nathalie1978 Posts: 10,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just wawing to anyone that stops in this place:D
  • bbloverbblover Posts: 41,663
    Forum Member
    Hi guys,hope you're doing well:)
    Forum Member
    just wawing to anyone that stops in this place:D