What did you buy today: Beauty & Hair Products

Comments

• missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How's that working out for you? I picked it up in Boots today but didn't buy it.

I'm still undecided. I have very long hair which can get frizzy at the ends and the oil definitely makes the ends feel smoother but I don't feel it controls frizz as well as I'd like.
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    missy83 wrote: »
    I'm still undecided. I have very long hair which can get frizzy at the ends and the oil definitely makes the ends feel smoother but I don't feel it controls frizz as well as I'd like.

Thanks, It would be frizz control I'd want as nothing I've ever used has 100% got rid of frizz - don't even mention Frizz-Ease, my hair was in horrific condition when I used that!

The search goes on!
  • AesaAesa Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of a splurge today!

Essie mail varnish in Mint Candy Apple
    La Roche-Posay Toleraine moisturiser
    Soap & Glory Heel Genius
    Soap & Glory Endless Glove
    Soap & Glory Sugar Crush body buttercream
    Rimmel Apocalips in Big Bang
    Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeliner in purple
    Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeshadow stick in Paranoid Purple
    Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeshadow stick in Bad Girl Bronze
    Maybelline Falsies waterproof mascara in black

Foof! Bring on next week's payday!
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just bought Superdrug Vitamin E Body Moisturiser which is absolutely darn fantastic. Having being diagnosed with Crohens Disease last month I am constantly dehydrated and even just drinking water my skin still was not good. So did a bit of surfing and found good things about this and the body scrub. Just love it.

Also to chear myself up bought two nail polishes from Marks and Spencer, tried the darker one not that impressed, 48hrs on and it started to wear at the edges. Also a fuschia colour which does look lovely, but puttin it on is not good, no matter how hard I try it seems to streak, very annoying
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More s&g for me, the 3 for 2 is too good to miss out on!
    Foam call
    Heel cream
    Body mist
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,158
    Forum Member
    Kerastase Initialise. I need to stop being so weak, I'm such a such a sucker for these types of products. :rolleyes:
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muddipaws wrote: »
    I just bought Superdrug Vitamin E Body Moisturiser which is absolutely darn fantastic. Having being diagnosed with Crohens Disease last month I am constantly dehydrated and even just drinking water my skin still was not good. So did a bit of surfing and found good things about this and the body scrub. Just love it.

Also to chear myself up bought two nail polishes from Marks and Spencer, tried the darker one not that impressed, 48hrs on and it started to wear at the edges. Also a fuschia colour which does look lovely, but puttin it on is not good, no matter how hard I try it seems to streak, very annoying

Try the Body Butter in the same range as well.
    For years I've used L'Occitane Hand Cream (£18.50 for 150ml), but now that they have lost their BUAV status I have been on the look out for a decent alternative.
    Well, to cut a long story short, I've found it. I know it's advertised as a Body Butter, but it's also a great hand cream. Okay, it's probably isn't quite as moisturising as the L'Occitane one, but for £2.99 for 200ml, I'll learn to live with it.
  • labelsandlovelabelsandlove Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recently bought a hair doughnut - love it! I also bought some Charles Worthington Salon at Home products again, I really like them.
    Forum Member
    I recently bought a hair doughnut - love it! I also bought some Charles Worthington Salon at Home products again, I really like them.

Yes they're lovely, makes the hair look really elegant in a bun. Being ultra cautious though, I cover mine in silk as the doughnut material can be quite rough.
  • labelsandlovelabelsandlove Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    Yes they're lovely, makes the hair look really elegant in a bun. Being ultra cautious though, I cover mine in silk as the doughnut material can be quite rough.

I did wonder if the material would damage the hair in some way. That's such a great tip though, thankyou :)
    Forum Member
    I did wonder if the material would damage the hair in some way. That's such a great tip though, thankyou :)

To be honest L&L I think there is probably very little damage that can be done with them. I did lose a few hairs but nothing major. I just don't like the thought of the hair rubbing against that rough material all day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just splashed out on Benefit How to look the best at everything make up set :D wanted to trial a few bits and thought it would be a nice treat :)
  • missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eau de Lacoste.

I've never tried a Lacoste perfume before but received a free sample and loved it so splashed out. I like light floral fragrances for everyday and this one is really nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today I went to Boots to buy some MaxFactor foundation. At the counter, the girl told me it was 3 for 2! I spend a fortune on that stuff so was very happy with the offer.

I also ended up buying hair dye, nail polish and tweezers which I didn't intend to buy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decided to try out some Essie polish and have ordered Bikini So Teeny and Navigate Her.
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    I didn't buy them today but last week I bought some Bobbi Brown foundation, cleansing oil and toner and yesterday I bought some DKNY Be Delicious perfume.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    In the last week I've been a bit naughty: Aussie shampoo travel sizers because I forgot to take my shampoo home, and Benefit face powder. The powder is lush, and lasts forever, I just really can't afford it atm! :o
  • AesaAesa Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decided to try out some Essie polish and have ordered Bikini So Teeny and Navigate Her.

I love Essie! Bikini So Teeny is one of my faves :)

Picked up the Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless mascara yesterday. Have to say, I'm impressed!!
  • TennisFreak08TennisFreak08 Posts: 9,451
    Forum Member
    Garnier Nutrisse Hair Colourant
    Clarins Hand Cream for my mum for Mother's Day
    Umberto Giannini Curl Friends Styling Spray
  • Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cherry Carmex lip balm
    no7 Lip liner in plum
    no7 lipstick in Coral Rose
    got the free no7 gift too because I brought two products. I like the stuff. Usually in free gifts like that they give you the crap unwearable colours but these are lovely.
    MUA lip liner red drama
    MUA Lipstick shade 2
    Look lip liner in Tangerine Cream
    2 soap and glory "mist you madly" one is for my Mum though.

EDIT: For anyone looking for a really good concealer try the MUA Conceal and brighten kit. £3.50 from superdrug. I brought it a few weeks back and it's the best £3.50 I have ever spent.
    Forum Member
    Just bought:-

Hair Fix 3 Step Recovery System
    Alpha H 4 piece essentials kit
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Rimmel Glam’Eyes liquid eyeline
    Clinique Superbalm, Superbalm will fix seriously dry lips ( such as mine-sometimes)
    Babyliss Big Hair, My friend recommended me this one so...
    Nonchalante underarm pads, I'm regular user...
    Looking forward to try Babyliss B.H.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hi,
    How are you? Surely, pretty great? Do you know what makes a woman attractive?
  • Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today I brought two Natural Collection products.
    Lipstick in rose bud
    Nail Varnish in black cherry.

Also ordered some stuff from elf. I've never used them before so didn't order too much. Just a lipstick, lipliner and two nail polishes.
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I just bought Max Factor mascara, being my lashes are now so fair, sparse and short. It's amazing and I wear it every day. Transforms my eyes, and goes on easy and no smudges or blobs. Comes off easy too