Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge expecting second child!

Comments

• pete137pete137 Posts: 18,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC felt the need to tell is the Queen is said to be "delighted" at the news..............as opposed to her "hating" the idea !
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heir & spare-unlike on Willliam's head.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with Dame Julie Andrews on the subject.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    pete137 wrote: »
    Will this one actually belong to Kate and Will !

None of them will... look at how hands on Diana was allowed to be
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Lovely news but I hate the way the whole thing is being reported in the newspapers with articles "How Will Kate Cope With Two Children??" nonsense when we all know she has a nanny, will probably employ another one when the new baby comes along and has tons of staff to assist her every move!! Hilarious that they interviewed David Beckham and asked him to give the Royals a bit of advice. He should have said, had the babies over to the nannies like he and Victoria do!!

When will the media stop trying to convince us that Wills and Kate as "just like us" or are a "normal married couple" etc etc when we know that is rubbish with their 26 room apartment in Kensington Palace and their fabulous mansion in Norfolk!! I honestly think the media believe the public are stupid!!
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The news coverage is, as usual, sycophantic, fawning and completely farcical. Feel for the poor child already that's it's just a 'spare' rather than an important figure.

I always feel slightly icky as well because if, God forbid, anything terrible happened, then what would happen then in terms of coverage etc?
  • Ba Na NaBa Na Na Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The news coverage is, as usual, sycophantic, fawning and completely farcical. Feel for the poor child already that's it's just a 'spare' rather than an important figure.

I always feel slightly icky as well because if, God forbid, anything terrible happened, then what would happen then in terms of coverage etc?

I would think it's better to be a spare. You get all the wealth/connections of being a royal without actually having to do proper work. E.g. Harry.

George is going to trained to an inch of his life.
  • Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had a baby at the Lindo wing: it was no great shakes, but offered guaranteed midwife availability and 24hr access for my other children to come and visit, which were the best benefits.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a girl. It seems to have caught everyone by surprise at how quick it was this time round. Thanks goodness it wasn't drawn out like last time.
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if they'll name it Diana and she'll carry on the legacy she left?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Highly unlikely. Can't believe all the sycophancy that goes on with this.
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Highly unlikely. .

Why?

It would be a great way for William to pay tribute to his Mum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why?

It would be a great way for William to pay tribute to his Mum.

There is no way they will call her Diana considering the history and burden that name carries with the royals.
  • samantha_vinesamantha_vine Posts: 1,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no way they will call her Diana considering the history and burden that name carries with the royals.

Can you imagine how Charles and Camilla will fill

I think it would be great imo. Who cares what they think of her....she was there mother and a very good one. So sad she passed away so young..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you imagine how Charles and Camilla will fill

I think it would be great imo. Who cares what they think of her....she was there mother and a very good one. So sad she passed away so young..

I know. The queen would choke on her gin if they announced the royal baby will be named Diana. :o
  • sueh21sueh21 Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lol, not a chance, can you imagine a picture of Camilla holding baby Diana. Not going to happen:o
  • samantha_vinesamantha_vine Posts: 1,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know. The queen would choke on her gin if they announced the royal baby will be named Diana. :o

Tbh best they put diana in the middle name or something. The poor girl doesn't want to be compared to her late grandmother her whole life
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's gonna be named Miley. You heard it here first.
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    She's gonna be named Miley. You heard it here first.

No it is going to be Chantal I've got £50,000 on it at the bookies:cool: Can you imagine if they really did give a common name to get more associated with us commoners.
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mildred would be good… then they could say they had George and Mildred ! It works…. somehow LOL.
  • LizzyrozLizzyroz Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have George, so Zippy's quite a good name for a girl.

The next two could be Bungle and Geoffrey then they'd have the set! ;)
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it is going to be Chantal I've got £50,000 on it at the bookies:cool: Can you imagine if they really did give a common name to get more associated with us commoners.

Or chelsee or mitzee, piper. Forget about boring traditional names.
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Dianilla or Camiana

Or Kate 2
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conchie wrote: »
    Mildred would be good… then they could say they had George and Mildred ! It works…. somehow LOL.

:D:D:D:D:D:D