Options

I've complained to their main supporter of this program

I have emailed Iceland to notify them I will not be spending money in their stores during the current run of I'm Celebrity etc.

The reason being they are supporting ITV who clearly have a bias in favour of Katie Price and as such, do not appear to be giving the others a fair "airing".

On Wed night during Corrie, a news ticker went along the screen advertising the show and giving Katie a mention.

In a trailer during the evening, Katie was shown twice talking, whilst others were not even shown.

Then in the live show, we were subjected to a re-run of the previous nights trial where she featured.

It is as many are saying, being turned into the Katie Price show. Prior to her arrival, each contestant appeared to be given an equal amount of screen time, however now, you tend to forget some are there.

Comments

• Options
    NativeMoonNativeMoon Posts: 6,149
    Forum Member
    Agree with your sentiments, but I think it would take something drastic happening to the show's detriment for Iceland to reconsider their sponsorship.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Give me the number and I will complain too!

I loved this show and have watched every year. Enjoyed it the previous time when Kate and Peter were in there as well. I'm not a KP hater or anything but my god, I feel like I'm watching "What Katie Did Next", and will begin to hate her soon. It's spoiling the show for me and if it does not improve I will switch off!

p.s. I feel she is play acting too - if she can hold a Cockroach in her mouth, just for laughs, she can't be quite as terrified as she makes out. 10/10 for acting skills Katie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I loved this show and have watched every year. Enjoyed it the previous time when Kate and Peter were in there as well. I'm not a KP hater or anything but my god, I feel like I'm watching "What Katie Did Next", and will begin to hate her soon. It's spoiling the show for me and if it does not improve I will switch off!

p.s. I feel she is play acting too - if she can hold a Cockroach in her mouth, just for laughs, she can't be quite as terrified as she makes out. 10/10 for acting skills Katie.

Agree with this - have a look at her IAC profile where it clearly states that she has no phobias that she'll admit to .
    http://celebrity.itv.com/2009/TheCelebrities/Katie-Price
    She obviously developed some phobias just for the jungle :rolleyes:
  • Options
    DunkragDunkrag Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    On behalf of the forum, I'd just like to say 'thank you'.

islandman wrote: »
    I have emailed Iceland to notify them I will not be spending money in their stores during the current run of I'm Celebrity etc.

The reason being they are supporting ITV who clearly have a bias in favour of Katie Price and as such, do not appear to be giving the others a fair "airing".

On Wed night during Corrie, a news ticker went along the screen advertising the show and giving Katie a mention.

In a trailer during the evening, Katie was shown twice talking, whilst others were not even shown.

Then in the live show, we were subjected to a re-run of the previous nights trial where she featured.

It is as many are saying, being turned into the Katie Price show. Prior to her arrival, each contestant appeared to be given an equal amount of screen time, however now, you tend to forget some are there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They took so long to sack Katona they will not care how a programme is edited.
  • Options
    islandmanislandman Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have a choice here, I've emailed.

https://www.iceland.co.uk/feedback
  • Options
    chebbychebby Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
    You have a choice here, I've emailed.

https://www.iceland.co.uk/feedback
    I have e-mailed them too.Do not want any-thing endorsed by Katie Price.
  • Options
    DollyDumplingDollyDumpling Posts: 2,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PMSL at this thread.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never been in Iceland so not really an issue.....better not to watch that will hit them harder.
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I am sure that over the years Katie has had many cockroaches in her mouth

Whats a few more:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    I am sure that over the years Katie has had many cockroaches in her mouth

Whats a few more:)

Never mind what's been Jordan's mouth, this is blatant cruelty to poor innocent cockroaches and should be stopped immediately!
  • Options
    NativeMoonNativeMoon Posts: 6,149
    Forum Member
    WelshMum64 wrote: »
    Agree with this - have a look at her IAC profile where it clearly states that she has no phobias that she'll admit to .
    http://celebrity.itv.com/2009/TheCelebrities/Katie-Price
    She obviously developed some phobias just for the jungle :rolleyes:

Interesting indeed - this should be highlighted in it's own thread!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They sacked Katona finally because of her cocaine incident. They are not going to listen because you have a dislike of a celebrity. How can anyone be serious about boycotting a store because of the amount of time someone appears on screen. I would tell all the morons who are wasting their money phoning to nominate Katie for trials to stop. If they don't want to see her on screen, then stop nominating.

I like Katie but I would not waste my money phoning and nominating someone else. She is earning £350,000 and doesn't need me.
  • Options
    CMcKinleyCMcKinley Posts: 3,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good god the world has gone ****ing mad
  • Options
    junglejuicejunglejuice Posts: 1,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw shucks,

I was just off to Iceland for some party nibbles....

hmmm, let me think for a nano second.......nibbles/Katie, Katie/nibbles........

Sod 'em
    NIBBLES!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, how sad?

The live trial is aired live, obviously, then bits of it shown again the next day.
    Always happens - not just because it was Katie...?

If you hate the show so much this year because of the bias towards Katie - why watch? Give it a miss this year instead of complaining to Iceland.

Do you think they'll care? I think they're most likely to laugh at the complain more than anything... They're only human afterall.

Also, if you've never thought the show's been biased to past celebrities then there must be something wrong with you.
    I can name many off the top of my head who I think had unfair advantages due to edits.

It's the nature of reality shows - to favour the people who'll make them the most money. Nothing's "fair" on these shows - to put it frankly, get over it or don't watch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everytime I see the Iceland show wrap-arounds (before and after each show segment), all I can think of is KK :eek:, and it reinforces to me the impression that Iceland are catering only for chavs, wannabies and lazy scroungers. :D

Iceland haven't thought this marketing campaign through, have they? :confused: This hasn't encouraged me to pop in there. ;)

PS - Even seeing Nolan from LW and Jason Donovan on their ads isn't helping either! :p
  • Options
    Miss FoxfaceMiss Foxface Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no!! Not the fussy complaint brigade again!! Ho, hum....Cant you go and twitch some curtains and complain to your neighbours or something instead!
  • Options
    yawalloperyawalloper Posts: 6,561
    Forum Member
    I have also e-mailed them to tell them that due to their association with IAC that I will be down later to buy a pack of 12 King Prawn Spoons...£2 each or 3 for £5. I also asked if they sold any cockroach milkshakes as the BTT has made me want to try one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    cynicalgal wrote: »
    Never mind what's been Jordan's mouth, this is blatant cruelty to poor innocent cockroaches and should be stopped immediately!

Yes, poor cockroaches, what have they done to warrant being put into a bottle with her.:D:D:D
  • Options
    MonkeylalalaMonkeylalala Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a feeling you might feature in HolyMoly's 'Duty Log Mental' next week....

Come on do you honestly expect Iceland to take that seriously? If they asked you to explain why you found it so offence she was on TV what would you say? 'Because I don't like her and Peter Andre said she was nasty to him and Nicola McClean says she's a slag and she's faking phobias and everything'. You would sound like Vicki Pollard.

While your at it why don't you phone up Ofcom and complain like all the other nutters do.
  • Options
    puddytatpuddytat Posts: 6,351
    Forum Member

Also her supposed fear of water, didn't seem to bother her when she was sat in the middle of the river washing herself and her hair, putting her head under. what an actress.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Billyyyyy wrote: »
    Wow, how sad?

The live trial is aired live, obviously, then bits of it shown again the next day.
    Always happens - not just because it was Katie...?

If you hate the show so much this year because of the bias towards Katie - why watch? Give it a miss this year instead of complaining to Iceland.

Do you think they'll care? I think they're most likely to laugh at the complain more than anything... They're only human afterall.

Also, if you've never thought the show's been biased to past celebrities then there must be something wrong with you.
    I can name many off the top of my head who I think had unfair advantages due to edits.

It's the nature of reality shows - to favour the people who'll make them the most money. Nothing's "fair" on these shows - to put it frankly, get over it or don't watch.

The point being made is we love the show and want to watch but it has become even more "bias" than previous years! It's spoiling our viewing! I don't think my complaint will make a difference but sometimes when we are dissapointed in something we like to air our views!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The point being made is we love the show and want to watch but it has become even more "bias" than previous years! It's spoiling our viewing! I don't think my complaint will make a difference but sometimes when we are dissapointed in something we like to air our views!

Its not spoiling mine, I know as soon as someone new come's in the dynamics change the focus will be on them for a few day's, even joe, he is getting loads of air time also, its the same with any reality programme even happens in BB!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Gee, Iceland? You mean, that supermarket that until recently used KERRY KATONA as the face of Iceland?

Yeah, I think you'll find they know their demographic better than you and that Katie Price is actually a step up for them.

I'd wager that people who shop at Iceland are dyed-in-the-wool Katie Price fans, mate.

Where do you shop?