Comments

• mangomoonmangomoon Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I agree with you.
  • LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    Never heard of her but reading the links, it sounds as if she's like many (but not the majority of) teens - thoughless and ignorant.

To be fair, she's got plenty of time to grow up and change her views.
    I'm sure as adults most of us look back at our younger selves and view some of the things we said and did with total horror.
  • Mel1314Mel1314 Posts: 2,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like her either. I agree about the arrogance as well, in the interview on the last link she says the obvious thing people would think when they look at her (or something along those lines) is that she's pretty. Then she refers to herself as 'pretty but not a "pretty girl".'
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally, I have nothing against her.

I think she's a product/result of her lifestyle and culture.
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never heard of her! Who is she, and where did she come from?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hogs Head wrote: »
    Never heard of her! Who is she, and where did she come from?!

Gossip Girl primarily, but she also fronts The Pretty Reckless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    I can't take her seriously. Everytime I look at her, all I can of is her in her role as Cindy-Lou Who in 'The Grinch' :p

I just find something about her nauseatingly false; particularly when referring to her 'rock' band. The last link describes how she had something about her reminiscent of Karen O. Well, that's blasphemy in my book! :D

I'd like to hope she'll grow up soon; she'll look back on her comments and realise what a precocious little ... Sod she sounds like!
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like her personally, TBH I'd hate to have had my utterances as a 16 year old been made public knowledge. They're bad enough nowadays:confused:
  • chrisagw4chrisagw4 Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Taylor Momsen is stunning in a dirty way if that makes sense.. I don't really see anything wrong with whhat she said.. Minus the Haiti thing, She is a pretty girl atleast she admits it and doesn't pretend shes ugly so people will tell her how pretty she is.. and I think she is right about Hannah Montanna.. If this gothic side is the real her it would be abit hard to work Hannah Montanna and gothic Taylor Momsen to the audience is does
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HayleyXD wrote: »

She does sound arrogant, but then I think that's down to the fact that, as she says, she only really mixes with older people so tends to see herself as better and more mature than other people her age. In fact, she seems pretty immature in a lot of ways, and self-centred.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chrisagw4 wrote: »
    I think Taylor Momsen is stunning in a dirty way if that makes sense.. I don't really see anything wrong with whhat she said.. Minus the Haiti thing, She is a pretty girl atleast she admits it and doesn't pretend shes ugly so people will tell her how pretty she is.. and I think she is right about Hannah Montanna.. If this gothic side is the real her it would be abit hard to work Hannah Montanna and gothic Taylor Momsen to the audience is does

I think she's stunning too.

But then the Kat Bjelland/Courtney Love "kinderwhore" look is sort of my thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Haiti comment was just candid imo - I doubt many of us have been too preoccupied with it. Having read the article she does seem quite patronising about normal people with normal lives who went to school etc and she calls herself pretty a tad too much.

She does come across as precocious and seem to have become too big for her boots but then she's 16 and has plenty of time to grow up.

I was so shocked to find out that Jenny Humphrey was the annoying kid from The Grinch.
  • lux lisbon 2lux lisbon 2 Posts: 6,273
    Forum Member
    I think she's stunning too.

But then the Kat Bjelland/Courtney Love "kinderwhore" look is sort of my thing.

She is a very pretty girl but that doesn't mean she can act like a complete vacuous, selfish bitch. I have no idea what she is supposed to be famous for, is she a singer/actor/model/whatever?

I think her look is a strange choice though, mean my friends and I were really into that kinderwhore look when we were 16 but that was in 1993 when grunge was big then and we were crazy into Babes In Toyland, Hole and all that Riot Grrrl stuff!
  • caren197caren197 Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a pretty girl, i don't really think theres much wrong with her opinion on Hannah Montana and to be fair most 16 year olds probably aren't thinking too much about Haiti, unfortunate but most likely very true.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is a very pretty girl but that doesn't mean she can act like a complete vacuous, selfish bitch. I have no idea what she is supposed to be famous for, is she a singer/actor/model/whatever?

I didn't say it gave her the right to do that, I was just voicing my agreement.

She's a singer and actress.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh god, whatever happened, Cindy-Lou who? I'll never see the Grinch in the same light again :cry:
  • AWESOM-O 4000AWESOM-O 4000 Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow, a hate thread against a teenage girl.

Classy.
  • FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She comes across as many of the 16 year olds I come across in everyday life; the only difference is she as a level of fame that they don't.

I've always disliked Jenny Humphrey on Gossip Girl. Heh.
    Forum Member
    wow, a hate thread against a teenage girl.

Classy.

Has anyone used the word 'hate' in connection with her? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Wow, 2-bit actress trying to make a name for herself by being bitchy and swearing a lot!

Yaaaaawwwwnnnn........
  • AWESOM-O 4000AWESOM-O 4000 Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone used the word 'hate' in connection with her? :confused:

The word itself doesnt have to be said.

However, the unpleasant nature of many of the posts is uncalled for.

She is a 16 year old girl, we all said daft things when we were 16.

Leave her alone. I find it strange that adults (i presume) would want to make threads where they slate a young girl.
    Forum Member

Leave her alone. I find it strange that adults (i presume) would want to make threads where they slate a young girl.

I agree with your points that she's young, I've said as much myself ^, but if she doesn't want criticism, maybe she shouldn't say such things then people on forums etc won't be 'unpleasant'.
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I think she's just a typical 16 year old talking shite.

They get over the "poor me" early teens and suddenly they are all about "feeling ways about stuff".

She reminds me a bit of Avril Lavinge with the mouthy-ness but most of what she says isn't that bad its just typical teenager thinking everyone cares about them and how they feel and obsessed and defensive about every aspect of their own life.

This quote from her puts it best
    People misinterpret what I say all the time: They think I'm being offensive, when really, I'm only being opinionated. Most of my friends are older, too. I live a very adult life: I have two different careers; I'm on tour. What am I going to do, hang out with the high school kids? I just can't relate to what they talk about—it seems so petty.

I do think teenagers going into showbiz should be made to study cases of other famous teens and learn from them though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't. She is a 16 year old girl whose vacuous, spoilt utterances are being treated with fawning reverence by the press. Have you ever seen such a toadying interview? We are as entitled to discuss her interviews as anyone else's. If she doesn't want criticism for her deathless prose (like she would care) she has only to affect a degree of humility and occasionally shut up.