New VOD service on Sony products

There is a new VOD service called Qriocity added to Sony BD players and TV's online content. list
It requires you to create an account online to access the Sony catalogue of major films, etc.

You will need to update the firmware to get the links

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had a quick look at what's on offer and don't think much of it to be honest. I certainly wouldn't consider paying to watch any of the films listed so far.
  • moogheadmooghead Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks ok but I looked for about 20 seconds before deciding that I will probably never look again. Its good that Sony keep adding to the repertoire though.... just need a web browser now...... :o
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    I've just had a look at this on my player and it doesn't seem too bad.
    In fact to me I would say from what ive seen so far, better than lovefilm as they seem to have a better selection with the latest film releases and being able to pay as and when you want to watch and not pay a monthly subscription.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mooghead wrote: »
    It looks ok but I looked for about 20 seconds before deciding that I will probably never look again. Its good that Sony keep adding to the repertoire though.... just need a web browser now...... :o

and a good virus checker too boot
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,389
    Forum Member
    janet owen wrote: »
    and a good virus checker too boot

erm...why?
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    I've just used Qriocity for the 1st time as I created an account on my BD player on 22nd Nov(I chose not to add payment details) and on 23rd Dec I received a £15 voucher code.
    I rented The Christmas Carol and was rather surprised by how good the SD PQ was and even more so at no buffering during the film.
    When you click to rent either SD or HD it checks your bandwidth and tells you which you are most likely capable of getting then asks you to confirm which one you want.
    I was impressed with my movie and will most deffinately use it again when I've used up my freebies.
    I think this rental service is deffinately much better for me as it's pay as you go unlike a monthly subscription with lovefilm where although it's unlimited films for the price, I don't think I would use it enough.
    So if you haven't done so already, create an account and get your £15 freebie.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    I've just used Qriocity for the 1st time as I created an account on my BD player on 22nd Nov(I chose not to add payment details) and on 23rd Dec I received a £15 voucher code.
    I rented The Christmas Carol and was rather surprised by how good the SD PQ was and even more so at no buffering during the film.
    When you click to rent either SD or HD it checks your bandwidth and tells you which you are most likely capable of getting then asks you to confirm which one you want.
    I was impressed with my movie and will most deffinately use it again when I've used up my freebies.
    I think this rental service is deffinately much better for me as it's pay as you go unlike a monthly subscription with lovefilm where although it's unlimited films for the price, I don't think I would use it enough.
    So if you haven't done so already, create an account and get your £15 freebie.:)

Likewise. Incidentally, BRAVIA Internet Video has swayed me away from investing in an Apple TV!