The world is to end next Friday apparently

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing I want to get into too much, but if jumping under a train was a viable move then I would :(

Don't, it can't be that bad.:( You're not that long married, how would hubby feel?

Can't you talk to someone?
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See, we thought that everything was working out for us eventually, I had got a job etc but now something had happened, and I don't quite understand what, yet I have probably lost my job, for no good reason, so right now I am seriously considering the under train option
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See, we thought that everything was working out for us eventually, I had got a job etc but now something had happened, and I don't quite understand what, yet I have probably lost my job, for no good reason, so right now I am seriously considering the under train option

You're a carer and may have been accused of something, don't know really.

You haven't been sacked yet so wait until something happens.

Your hubby and family love you it's the last thing they or you want.:(

Why not start a thread in advice, you will get help.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    You're a carer and may have been accused of something, don't know really.

You haven't been sacked yet so wait until something happens.

Your hubby and family love you it's the last thing they or you want.:(

I need to wait a couple of weeks, yet I'm going abroad in 18 days lol, I'm just trying to ignore it just now until I find out about my job.

Hubby does love me but when I told him about this he felt like going under a train as well :(
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The world ends on Friday? Lucky escape for Arsenal if it did!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I need to wait a couple of weeks, yet I'm going abroad in 18 days lol, I'm just trying to ignore it just now until I find out about my job.

Hubby does love me but when I told him about this he felt like going under a train as well :(

Feeling like it and doing it are different. I feel better now because I know your not going to do it:)

You have a holiday in a few weeks:)
  • HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes when things look black it is very easy to think that a way out is attractive. Well I used to work in an environment where death was just a heartbeat away. Well when it is as easy as that life becomes very precious.

You have no idea what lies ahead. You can make it what you want. If you feel so desperate right now then something must wrong but probably not as wrong as you feel it is.

If I had decided to take the option that you feel is the best way forward for you then I would not be here to write this now.

Life is a journey and we know it will end one day. But live it to the full.

Richard Nixon said "It is only when we have been to the deepest valleys can we appreciate standing on the highest mountains". It was one thing he was right about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both me and my husband have very valid reasons for feeling like this, it might not be to everyone's standard but it is to ours, and when you have been told everything is okay etc and to have it torn away is horrid. And that's why we honestly don't feel like there is anything here for either of us :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both me and my husband have very valid reasons for feeling like this, it might not be to everyone's standard but it is to ours, and when you have been told everything is okay etc and to have it torn away is horrid. And that's why we honestly don't feel like there is anything here for either of us :(
    Do you not think that there are lots and lots of people in the world who feel very desperate right now?
  • TRIPSTRIPS Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knowing my luck i will be probably be the only winner of the Euromillions that night :)
    i am just wondering will the world ending affect my Sky digital reception, it's forever going off when it rains,i am sure the world ending is going to play havoc.
    hope a few are still left to give advice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway I am off to sleep just now.

Just another of the 25,000 or so days I can expect to live gone. One day at a time is a very good maximum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One last thought. I wonder if the world ending just means the end of earth or the end of the universe?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you not think that there are lots and lots of people in the world who feel very desperate right now?

My sister in law is going out with a guy who's aunt won a large amount on the euromillions yet she refuses to even give me money I'm due :(
  • TRIPSTRIPS Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One last thought. I wonder if the world ending just means the end of earth or the end of the universe?

Don't mean to sound a pessimist Henry but either way it dosent look good,dont think theres anyway we can look on the bright side on this.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The world will only end at the point when our sun's expansion into a red giant has burnt the world up. By that time, life on Earth will be long gone, because of the increasing heat from the expanding sun. I wonder what sort of time frame that will take place over, and for how long the human race will be able to adapt to the increasing heat, before succumbing. At some distant point in time, there will be some man, woman or child, who will be the last human being to ever live, flopping dead in what will have most likely become little more than an arid desert, surrounded by the bodies of the last of their fellows to survive. What a destiny to be born to.
  • EmpiricalEmpirical Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and for how long the human race will be able to adapt to the increasing heat, before succumbing. At some distant point in time, there will be some man, woman or child, who will be the last human being to ever live, flopping dead in what will have most likely become little more than an arid desert, surrounded by the bodies of the last of their fellows to survive. What a destiny to be born to.

This won't happen. If we are still around in 5 billion years you dont think we will have vacated the earth in good time?
  • RutakatekiRutakateki Posts: 2,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shaiya wrote: »
    If the world doesn't end on Friday, what is to become of Harold Camping?
    He'll just carry on, Camping.

It's a dumb gig predicting the end of the world. If you're half-right nobody thanks you- everyone's too busy. If you're completely right nobody thanks you- everyone's dead. If you're completely wrong, everyone points and laughs.

You're much better off predicting 'a great awakening in human spiritual conciousness, the buds of which are already beginning to blossom in the hearts and souls of the global mind' People like to buy into hope and the belief in a wonderful future. 'Ere, join my cult and be one of the messengers of this Great Cosmic Awakening, that'll be 5000 dollars please, Kerching!!!'
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    TRIPS wrote: »
    Knowing my luck i will be probably be the only winner of the Euromillions that night :)
    i am just wondering will the world ending affect my Sky digital reception, it's forever going off when it rains,i am sure the world ending is going to play havoc.
    hope a few are still left to give advice.

Ask over in the Sky forums about your signal :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is this our last day? Or is Harold Camping going to look even more stupid, if that is possible, tomorrow?
  • EmpiricalEmpirical Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So is this our last day? Or is Harold Camping going to look even more stupid, if that is possible, tomorrow?

Not possible. However the few people who still fellow him ARE going to look even more stupid. I;m looking forward to hurling another load of abuse and taunts at a certain youtube blogger.

When he makes his next prediction (assuming his stoke hasn't put paid to that) I will be interested to see if anyone is just stupid enough to fall for it yet again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we have a time, or is it just generally sometime tomorrow?

I'm exhausted what with the world ending all the time!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Odd Socks wrote: »
    Do we have a time, or is it just generally sometime tomorrow?

I'm exhausted what with the world ending all the time!
    I was thinking that myself. It would be such an unprecedented event there is no way of knowing.
  • iannaiiannai Posts: 4,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Australia disappeared yet then?
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool. I don't have to suffer X Factor then. Reprieve!

which god is smiting us now? The caring sharing one?
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Can't they give us a specific time? I'm due to pay my rent at 5pm - - I get paid wages first thing in the morning....I could just go out and blow it in the pub!
    Why can't they be more accurate!!!:mad: