Jonathan Ross Show

maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
Forum Member
I don't think Jamie Oliver was too.happy with Michael MIntyre firstly when he pointed out that he had forgotten to include Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland in his observations and also when he pretended his hummus dip was awful :D

Comments

• InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah he looked like he wanted to go home. Didn't seem that happy during the interview either, not sure if it was the microwave gag Jonathan cracked in the intros or what but it just seemed to go down hill rapidly after that. Seems a bit more chilled now.

Sheridan is lovely.

Interviews are very vacant tho aren't they? I'm sure Jonathan used to do a bit more digging than this.. now it just seems to be people pitching whatever they're doing and nothing else.
  • BenRhileyBenRhiley Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Where did McIntyre go?
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BenRhiley wrote: »
    Where did McIntyre go?

Back to his hotel for his one key.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charlotte Church sounds awful!
  • maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    Yeah i agree the interviews are very non descript and also charlotte sounds terrible! I do like sheridan smith, she was fab in Mrs Biggs
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sienna Miller is stunning, had to be said.
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What in the name of shitting crikey is Charlotte Church wearing?
  • LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charlotte Church. I wonder if she's realising that she's embarrassing herself. Bjork wannabe. Sorry, love. Bjork makes good music, unlike you. And PJ Harvey. And Kate Bush. And Florence Welch.
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, dear, this is really f&%^ing embarrassing. This is shit.
  • theiatheia Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Jamie Oliver was too.happy with Michael MIntyre firstly when he pointed out that he had forgotten to include Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland in his observations and also when he pretended his hummus dip was awful :D

If I'd had to choose whom I looked forward to seeing prior to the show, I would have said MM, without doubt. But I thought he was very annoying and I'm not surprised that JO wasn't too happy.

And I too like Sheridan Smith...she was brilliant in Mrs Biggs.
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    divingbboy wrote: »
    What in the name of shitting crikey is Charlotte Church wearing?

kate bush did this about 30 years ago
  • BingedrinkerBingedrinker Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree about MM being annoying. It would've been hard resisting the urge to lamp him one.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    LolaSvelt wrote: »
    Charlotte Church. I wonder if she's realising that she's embarrassing herself. Bjork wannabe. Sorry, love. Bjork makes good music, unlike you. And PJ Harvey. And Kate Bush. And Florence Welch.

It does seem like rather an abrupt transformation. She was on Question Time a couple of weeks ago and not dressed like a goth pigeon that time.
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I realise MM is a comedian but he was being a real dick tonight. The comments he kept making about Jamie's food went beyond a joke and could have a negative impact on his book. He was like an irritating child at a party who's had one too many e numbers. Charlotte Church what the....Is she trying to be next Lady Gaga or something? Only difference is Gaga can sing. Oh dear the show was an embarrassment tonight and I felt so sorry for Ellie as she seemed to keep saying things she didn't mean. At one point I wanted to shout out, 'Stop digging!' Poor lass cos she's SO lovely. You could tell it wasn't going to well for Jamie and I think he held it together brilliantly. Not easy when your surrounded by clowns.

Jonathan seems totally unable to control his guests. When that other childish irritant Peter Kay was on he was pratting about all over the place.
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,025
    Forum Member
    I like this programme so much with Jamie Oliver cooking and with Charlotte Church singing
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am just watching it and to me, it seems like they were all having fun. He was obviously joking about the hummus as he had just been saying about people on cookery shows always say the food is amazing.

Jonathan is always taking the piss out of Jamie, he did on Jamies food fight programme the other day and has in the past when they have been on things together - I think it is just what they do and Jamie always seems to take it in good humour.
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    I am just watching it and to me, it seems like they were all having fun. He was obviously joking about the hummus as he had just been saying about people on cookery shows always say the food is amazing.

Jonathan is always taking the piss out of Jamie, he did on Jamies food fight programme the other day and has in the past when they have been on things together - I think it is just what they do and Jamie always seems to take it in good humour.

He seemed to be OK at first but after a while you could tell by the look on his face that he was losing patience and started to look at bit flustered and I think he was just trying to go with the flow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Sheridan Smith tweeted about how much she hated this interview because she was so rubbish and that she cried for hours afterwards, I thought she was fine :s
  • Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She said she was single but was she not with Reg Travis (sic?) a week or so ago?
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does he wheel out an olympic personality vacuum every week? Every time I have tried to watch it there's some brainless chav holding a gold medal wittering about how awesome they are. (tonight wasn't that though she seemed nice enough)
    I used to love JR's show. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    I think Jonathan and Jamie are pretty used to each other.

I agree it was a little cluttered tonight. Saying that, Sheridon is bloomin lovely and sienna looked stunning. She seems really nice too. Those two saved the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    Watching this on + and as much as i adore Michael McIntyre, he did take it a bit far at times and it was obvious at some points that Jamie was getting annoyed.
    I know Sheridan Smith was nervous and she was lovely but why does she keep trying to look all seductive and sexy and staring up through her eyelashes? She looks like shes on the pull!
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bradderz89 wrote: »
    Sheridan Smith tweeted about how much she hated this interview because she was so rubbish and that she cried for hours afterwards, I thought she was fine :s

Oh that's a shame! I was surprised that she came across quite shy and not confident - hadn't seen her interviewed before. I tend to expect actresses to be the opposite to her - makes a change to see one who's a bit more quirky. Maybe she uses her characters as a kind of mask or shield.

Ha :) - I hadn't even seen this Tweet when I said the above:

'Oh I can't stop crying.Hate myself sometimes,just can't be myself. I can only play characters. Wish I had more confidence when I'm being me'
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jennaxhx wrote: »
    why does she keep trying to look all seductive and sexy and staring up through her eyelashes? She looks like shes on the pull!

I didn't think she was trying to - took it as part of her shyness - kind of like how Princess Diana used to as a younger girl.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it hysterical that Miller was clutching onto Sheridan trying to get as far away from Oliver as possible and TBF he chillie bombed her so she was right to move away.

Oliver I dont think was getting too cranky, he is just used to people in his kitchen listening too him and not nicking the lime light.

I think Charlotte was taking the pee with the links, they where hilariously over long and weird.