Come Dine With Me (Monday 15 Sept)

Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
Forum Member
✭✭✭
You have to watch the end of this. I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but it's bizarre.

Comments

• maltshovelmaltshovel Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    You have to watch the end of this. I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but it's bizarre.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. What a horrible, unpleasant person :(
  • cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's one word for it! Still, it brought the programme back to life for one episode.
  • indyanneindyanne Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I just watched it in amazement. Had to rewind to make sure I heard her correctly. Very nasty to the young woman too.
  • Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still in a state of shock. Ranting was bad enough, but then she announces she's going to bed! With her guests left stuck on her sofa!! I wonder how long it took to persuade her to return to finish the whole sorry thing. Appalling behaviour! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting that CDWM hasn't got the usual 'what did you think of it' post on Facebook today. The comments probably would have crashed the site if they had.
  • PedroPedro Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    It makes you wonder why a bitter old misery like that would want to appear on a television programme?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pedro wrote: »
    It makes you wonder why a bitter old misery like that would want to appear on a television programme?

Because she was absolutely convinced she was better than anyone else who applied, I expect! And sadly, she probably didn't learn anything about herself, if she could bring herself to watch it. Hope I'm wrong - she must be a very unhappy person otherwise.
  • CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pedro wrote: »

To win by sweet talking her guests? :o What a dreadful, dreadful woman.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a horrendous woman. I wonder if she'll be remembered as the worst loser ever?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PERILLA wrote: »
    What a horrendous woman. I wonder if she'll be remembered as the worst loser ever?

It's hard to think how anyone could top that unless they shot the other guests!
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I've just watched this on +1 - the first time I've watched CDWM in a quite a while. That lady obviously had some very deep-seated issues. I missed the first 10 minutes - which area of the country was it taking place in?
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PERILLA wrote: »

Just finished watching it on +1 and cannot believe her reaction, tbh I would be surprised if any of them kept in touch with her afterwards. I haven't seen such a bitchy contestant on that show since quite a few years ago with some idiot that ran a nightclub in Leeds.
  • BeecosyBeecosy Posts: 2,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to watch it twice just to make sure and watch the moment her face changes after she says "this is the best bit..." :o
  • conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed something, one minute she was storming off to bed, the next, she was reading them out, what happened ? :confused:
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG!!! :o

Dafuq? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's hard to think how anyone could top that unless they shot the other guests!
    PMSL :D

Do women really react that badly to having a younger, more beautiful woman in the room? :o

Never seen anything like it in my life........bet she's 'famous' round her way :blush:
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Only saw the last ten minutes and that was enough!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    Do women really react that badly to having a younger, more beautiful woman in the room? :

Not sure that sweeping generalisation's justified! There are plenty of CDWMs where the women got along perfectly well and/or the men were vying for position. She turned on the men too when she felt her obviously superior, to her, skills were under attack.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conceptas wrote: »
    I missed something, one minute she was storming off to bed, the next, she was reading them out, what happened ? :confused:

Well, she stormed off, they cut, and then they must have told her she had to end it properly so she came back down and they started filming again.
  • marianna01marianna01 Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That younger, prettier woman was a bit loud and quite nasty too. So don't judge the older woman (Heather?) too rashly - she was getting her own back. Both women came across badly.

I must say that I enjoyed today's programme though! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianna01 wrote: »
    That younger, prettier woman was a bit loud and quite nasty too. So don't judge the older woman (Heather?) too rashly - she was getting her own back. Both women came across badly.

Yeah, but it was hardly six of one and half a dozen of the other. The younger one was only behaving like many do on this show, and even that was only after being provoked. The stuck up one was absolutely on another level entirely in terms of behaviour by the end, that was grotesque. How anyone could be that stupid when your night is the final one and you're still alienating the others is beyond belief. And the final tantrum, well, it's unforgettably painful TV.
  • conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, she stormed off, they cut, and then they must have told her she had to end it properly so she came back down and they started filming again.

Thanks for letting me know :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cika wrote: »
    Not sure that sweeping generalisation's justified! There are plenty of CDWMs where the women got along perfectly well and/or the men were vying for position. She turned on the men too when she felt her obviously superior, to her, skills were under attack.
    It wasn't........I was simply asking a question.

Her 'skills' weren't under attack on all the nights before her own when she was bloody horrible to the younger woman.

Looked like jealousy to me.....I've seen it many a time.

I wasn't rash.

I watched four nights of her shenanigans and then posted.

She was bloody horrible and she's deluded if she thinks her food is in any way 'gourmet'

Stupid woman - showed herself right up.
    Yeah, but it was hardly six of one and half a dozen of the other. The younger one was only behaving like many do on this show, and even that was only after being provoked. The stuck up one was absolutely on another level entirely in terms of behaviour by the end, that was grotesque. How anyone could be that stupid when your night is the final one and you're still alienating the others is beyond belief. And the final tantrum, well, it's unforgettably painful TV.
    Agree........what an absolute train-wreck of a bint :D

Her flouncing's better than her cooking ;)
  • SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The younger woman, Zaira, was fine. She was not nasty at all and didn't rise to any bait. The only thing she was guilty of was self-consciously putting on the "oh look at me, I'm so zany!" act, which may have been a tad irritating, although the tall man thought she had a fantastically bubbly personality. The older woman, Heather, was at her throat all week. Zaira was trying to be friendly to her regardless. Even when Zaira toned down her personality for Heather - which she was not obliged to do - she still continued to be vile to her.

The ending was spectacular - I have never seen an adult throw such a tantrum for not winning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    It wasn't........I was simply asking a question
    Oh - my misunderstanding then, sorry.
    Her flouncing's better than her cooking ;)

It was epic flouncing, wasn't it?

And the scatter gun approach to all her unfortunate guests was jaw dropping when she knew she would be judged on hosting. I loved the bit at the end where she said she'd keep in touch with the two men. Bet they'd be washing their hair if she ever invited them to visit again.