Options

Returning clothes because you don't need them.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
Forum Member
I recently bought a waistcoat from Topman and I don't need it anymore. I haven't used it and the tags are still on it.

The only time I've ever returned clothes is if they're faulty or don't fit properly.

I was wondering if shops will accept "I don't need it" as an excuse? :o I'd gladly take vouchers or something, too.

Comments

• Options
    SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Depends how long ago you bought it!

If its not long just say it doesn't fit...you still have it in a resaleable condition.
  • Options
    CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't you lie and just say you've bought the wrong size and they might ask if you want to exchange or a refund.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as it hasn't got red wine/cigarette burns/encrusted bits of dinner on it, I've found "It's not suitable" is usually enough.

As the previous poster pointed out, I don't think the shop minds as long as it's in a resaleable condition.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, I haven't used it. It's still in the bag, in fact.

I just didn't want to embarrass myself asking for an exchange and them saying "no" :o

I don't really like Topman - it's too "indie-chav" for me - but nowhere else sold them here. I'll get some jeans since they're decent.

Cheers people.
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You need to have the receipt, and the tag should still be on it. As for a reason for return, the average shop assistant couldn't give a t**s!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But it will be up to the shop's goodwill if they take it back, they don't have to unless its faulty or mis-described (size label error etc)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Legally Topman does not have to refund you unless the waistcoat is faulty. However, I believe their shop policy is full refund if the item is returned within 28 days or a month. If it is within the time period you do not have to give any reason at all. If it is over this time period, they may refund the item but it is at their discretion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I have the receipt, I bought it last week and I haven't used it. I guess I'm fine then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just tend to say 'I've changed my mind' if they ask. I've never had a problem.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I have the receipt, I bought it last week and I haven't used it. I guess I'm fine then.

Since you have the receipt and the tag on, you will definitely get a refund.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They'll probably take them back.

I bought some cheap sunglasses there last week (it was unexpectedly sunny) as I left my own at home....then returned then the next day saying I didn't like them.

No questions asked.:cool: