Options

I feel like we lost our baby.... Tina Corrie.

Comments

• Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Tina could be pregnant, tests can be negative until the second month.
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Yes - she has just become a truly horrible person through this, especially since she has been the instigator right from the start. I'm not excusing Poeter of course, he is a weak man but she has been doing all the chasing - even on his wedding day. It's just like with Jake / Joe last year - if she wants and loves someone then she has a right ti have them and anybody that is in her way is the unreasonable one. You can tell from the way she was talking about Carla tonight "if I were pregnant she'd have to let you go" that she sees her as the villain that is keeping Peter from her against his will. At least till the end.

It also wouldn't occur to her that Peter might not have been using her from the start (though personally I think he has) and it is her doing things like ringing him constantly, turning up on his doorstep and threatening to scream, doing a pregnancy test in his wife's bathroom when whe could turn up any second that has made him see what a nutjob she is and that being with her in any form isn't very appealing. She also conveniently forgets that hd kept saying no to her, told her after the first kiss that he loved Carla and would never leave her, didn't say he loved Tina untile she practically water tortured him so has hardly been feeding her false lines.

Really unresolved trauma over the surrogacy leading to some kind of breakdown is the only way you can possibly give a sympathetic explanation for the way she has been in all this. But personally I think she has been quite nasty for the last 3 years or so - from when she recovered from her eating disorder after Joe's death.

This exactly. The only difference that made the Jake situation kind of understandable was the fact that she carried him for 8 months (premature) and gave birth to him and formed a bond that I'm assuming can be very difficult to break. Here she is just wading in and trying to ruin a marriage without any regard to Carla or even Simon who will be deeply affected by it (I know Simon doesn't like Carla but it would be more upheaval for him.) Peter was a weak fool for even going near her in the first place while he was with Carla but it doesn't look like he can peacefully get out of the situation with Tina charging round to see him whenever Carla's back is turned and giving out threats to make him do as she likes.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Mel94 wrote: »
    This exactly. The only difference that made the Jake situation kind of understandable was the fact that she carried him for 8 months (premature) and gave birth to him and formed a bond that I'm assuming can be very difficult to break. Here she is just wading in and trying to ruin a marriage without any regard to Carla or even Simon who will be deeply affected by it (I know Simon doesn't like Carla but it would be more upheaval for him.) Peter was a weak fool for even going near her in the first place while he was with Carla but it doesn't look like he can peacefully get out of the situation with Tina charging round to see him whenever Carla's back is turned and giving out threats to make him do as she likes.

It's not even just when Carla's back is turned is it? She texts him of an evening when you would expect a married couple to be together and hear the other one's phone go off. She goes and rings on the flat doorbell without knowing who is in - Peter, Carla, Simon - even inlaws like Dreary or Tracy. She just doesn't care who gets hurt if she feels she is being hard done by - missing her 'turn' or being badly treated.

She has, as I've said countless times, no comprehension of what being a Mistress involves. It is a cruddy position, one where you are always joint last on the list behind children, parents, family events, work - I say joint last because usually the wife isn't getting one to one time either. But they do have a legal and moral right to moan about it - the other woman really doesn't and that is something you accept when you start an affair with a married man. And make no mistake, Tina did start this - she's been a bunny boiler from the start. Who goes round to someone they have never even kissed let alone slept with on the day of their wedding to try and get them to call it off whilst offering themselves on a platter. Who still goes to the Reception after they've been firmly rejected in favour of the BRIDE? Who stays late to get the Groom alone? Who then acts like the wronged woman staring after the honeymooning couple's taxi after the Groom has plainly said that the kiss was a mistake, he isn't interested, he loves his wife and will never leave her....
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, Tina needs to her herself down to the self-help aisle in the Weatherfield library and rent out "How To Be The Perfect Mistress"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    Yep, Tina needs to her herself down to the self-help aisle in the Weatherfield library and rent out "How To Be The Perfect Mistress"

I'm not saying that it is a fair position to be in. That I believe all mistresses should 'behavE' to the subservience of men and their wives. But, there are certain unwritten rules regarding how and when you contact your lover and their family - wife and child and if you're not willing to accept that, you shouldn't get into it.

Except of cource, Tina never wanted to be a mistress, she expected Peter to leave Carla as soon as he got a sniff of her and is affronted it didn't happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    It's not even just when Carla's back is turned is it? She texts him of an evening when you would expect a married couple to be together and hear the other one's phone go off. She goes and rings on the flat doorbell without knowing who is in - Peter, Carla, Simon - even inlaws like Dreary or Tracy. She just doesn't care who gets hurt if she feels she is being hard done by - missing her 'turn' or being badly treated.

She has, as I've said countless times, no comprehension of what being a Mistress involves. It is a cruddy position, one where you are always joint last on the list behind children, parents, family events, work - I say joint last because usually the wife isn't getting one to one time either. But they do have a legal and moral right to moan about it - the other woman really doesn't and that is something you accept when you start an affair with a married man. And make no mistake, Tina did start this - she's been a bunny boiler from the start. Who goes round to someone they have never even kissed let alone slept with on the day of their wedding to try and get them to call it off whilst offering themselves on a platter. Who still goes to the Reception after they've been firmly rejected in favour of the BRIDE? Who stays late to get the Groom alone? Who then acts like the wronged woman staring after the honeymooning couple's taxi after the Groom has plainly said that the kiss was a mistake, he isn't interested, he loves his wife and will never leave her....

Again, I completely agree. :) Usually with soap affairs, the cheating partner and the bit on the side try to be really careful about how they contact each other in case the cheater's other half finds the phone and spots the miss calls/dodgy messages. Yet Tina is happy enough to send 16 miss calls in one night (what did she do, program her phone to redial every 2 minutes?!) and purposely bombard him at the flat with no regard for anyone else being around. "Let me in or I'll scream!" Scream for what? Surely Peter can just play dumb and ask what the hell is she screaming for and people will find it weird that the ex-babysitter is throwing a strop to get into a married man's flat for no apparent reason.. (stalker!) She doesn't even feel any guilt that she's sleeping with the man Carla thinks she can rely on for support during difficult times - like Hayley's and her step-dad's deaths. Tina is happy enough to continue twisting the knife in Carla's back, despite seeing her when she's upset. :confused:
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tina was such a natural, pleasant girl. Then the writers/producer/whoever gave her a character transplant and we now have the unpleasant bunny-boiler she has became.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mel94 wrote: »
    Again, I completely agree. :) Usually with soap affairs, the cheating partner and the bit on the side try to be really careful about how they contact each other in case the cheater's other half finds the phone and spots the miss calls/dodgy messages. Yet Tina is happy enough to send 16 miss calls in one night (what did she do, program her phone to redial every 2 minutes?!) and purposely bombard him at the flat with no regard for anyone else being around. "Let me in or I'll scream!" Scream for what? Surely Peter can just play dumb and ask what the hell is she screaming for and people will find it weird that the ex-babysitter is throwing a strop to get into a married man's flat for no apparent reason.. (stalker!) She doesn't even feel any guilt that she's sleeping with the man Carla thinks she can rely on for support during difficult times - like Hayley's and her step-dad's deaths. Tina is happy enough to continue twisting the knife in Carla's back, despite seeing her when she's upset. :confused:

Carla's upset means nothing to Tina, just as Izzie's didn't last year when she decided that Jake was 'hers'. She acknowledges it on an intellectual level "I know Carla will be upset but she'll get over it, I know Gary and Izzy will be upset but he's my baby so they'll have to get over it". But she is never expected to get over anything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tina was such a natural, pleasant girl. Then the writers/producer/whoever gave her a character transplant and we now have the unpleasant bunny-boiler she has became.

She was for the first year or two I agree. I loved Tina when she arrived, till the aftermath of her dad's death. It was great to see a young girls love for her father, and grief At his death.

I mark the downturn at the Kirsty - dating Doctor plot.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have totally ruined this character. Not that I actually ever got the appeal of her in the first place. I always found her a weak substitute for Karen whom I think she was based on.
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Once you get the taste of a sexually impotent, bed wetting, mummy's boy loser like Peter, obviously you can't get enough.
  • Options
    MrsP86MrsP86 Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for Tina. In her mind, she's not a mistress, he's told her he wants her and will leave Carla for her. Sadly she believed him. Peter makes me feel sick, telling her he loves her etc. Can't wait for Carla to find out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MrsP86 wrote: »
    I feel sorry for Tina. In her mind, she's not a mistress, he's told her he wants her and will leave Carla for her. Sadly she believed him. Peter makes me feel sick, telling her he loves her etc. Can't wait for Carla to find out.

In her mind she is not a mistress and Peter has told her he will leave carla. Agreed, he has for the last 6 weeks. What about the 2 months before that when he clearly laid out his love for his fiancé then wife and said he would never leave her???
  • Options
    chewstickchewstick Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As character she's always been a bit weird and I'm glad she's going. She's had some horrendous story lines to deal with. She went a bit weird over her fathers death and so all this doesn't surprise me, even down to the threat she made to her flat mate to get her own back. Her abortion of David's baby, credit card fraud, the tommy storylines, the graham ones, her feud with Kylie, wanting to keep izzys baby....Even the relationship with Rita has been weird, as if Rita could ever see herself in Tina, the characters are nothing alike!!
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid cow. Does she seriously think Carla and Michelle wouldn't have wondered what she was doing on Wednesday? She came from the direction of Peter's flat, then said she had to go and headed back in the direction she'd just come from.

I think she must have been thinking that Peter would leave Carla for her if she was pregnant, so she's lost the chance of Peter. That or she's gone maternal again and thinks it was her second chance after giving up Jake.
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tina gets madder by episode.

Agreed, cannot understand why she is so obsessed with middle aged ol **** Breath. She is being so demanding and bloody irritating I may end up murdering her myself.>:(
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tina is a silly girl she wasent pregnant so there was no baby why she is acting like she actually miscarried a baby
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed, cannot understand why she is so obsessed with middle aged ol **** Breath. She is being so demanding and bloody irritating I may end up murdering her myself.>:(

Thankyou, Maria_Robinson; I will give you an alibi.
  • Options
    KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like how she's changed neither, but SB is known for changing characters personalities for the worse....I also dislike Carla. In the past she's been no angel neither...So I don't really care about this storyline
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    This storyline seems to attract the worst possible dialogue.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I actually think that is the real whodunnit storyline - someone on here will murder her and we have to guess who :D *prepares body bag* :cool:
  • Options
    Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I feel like I lost our baby"...she was so certain she had a hold over him by "being pregnant" and probably thought he'd leave Carla that she feels like she's lost everything. Now she's been dumped and lost her chance at having his baby who knows what she'll do next. I want Michelle to find out and drag her by her ear lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom_Willis wrote: »
    I laughed when she said that. She is deranged but in all fairness, she never did get over losing Izzy and Gary's son.

Yep. People keep going on about how silly it is how her character has changed but it's not really, not when you look at what she's been through... It would be more silly if she'd carried on as normal like it'd never happened, which is what we're used to seeing in soaps!

I'm probably on my own here but I think Tina's change in character is quite realistic and been done very well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And anyway, crazy Tina is far more interesting than gobby barmaid Tina. I don't know what you're all complaining about!
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I thought that line was quite insensitive to people who have lost babies. She lost nothing.