World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXV (Spoilers)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Yes it's a sad state of affairs when a part timer who only turns up 2 or 3 times a year is the only draw you've got atm! :blush:

(PS, When does DBryan come back? ... I'd guess he'll take the belt come wrestlemania) :)

Bryan isn't expected back until the Rumble.

Cena is still a draw, the problem is a lack of genuine A list talent and the failure to build up and sustain pushes. Ziggler, Miz, Cesaro and Sheamus are or were main eventers in the recent past but now they are back in the mid card, being dragged down rather than elevating the titles they are holding/chasing. Sandow was a former MITB prospect who is now a comedy jobber/tag team partner, the Rhodes brothers are now gimmicked weirdos and Cody is back in the tag team ranks with no strong face singles push on the horizon, Swagger/Show/Henry/Big E are basically big guy jobbers just above Khali right now... there has been no consistent and coherent development outside of The Shield for years now. Especially when it comes to Cody, he's been one step forward and two steps back for years now.
  • BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    Yeah BFG, your reasons for watching Raw aren't good enough. Therefore, we aren't gonna let you do it any more.

I apologise .As Edge would say I'm 'wrong, wrong,wrong,wrong'wrong' :D

I like how hazy is able to read my mind though and to tell whether I would or wouldn't watch if I didn't enjoy it.

And anyway for the record, I would stop watching if I suddenly got no enjoyment from watching - and I got very close to stopping watching towards the tale end of 2012. I often didn't watch Raw for weeks on end and if Cena had won Ziggler's MITB briefcase that may well have been the final straw for me.
    Bryan isn't expected back until the Rumble.

Cena is still a draw, the problem is a lack of genuine A list talent and the failure to build up and sustain pushes. Ziggler, Miz, Cesaro and Sheamus are or were main eventers in the recent past but now they are back in the mid card, being dragged down rather than elevating the titles they are holding/chasing. Sandow was a former MITB prospect who is now a comedy jobber/tag team partner, the Rhodes brothers are now gimmicked weirdos and Cody is back in the tag team ranks with no strong face singles push on the horizon, Swagger/Show/Henry/Big E are basically big guy jobbers just above Khali right now... there has been no consistent and coherent development outside of The Shield for years now. Especially when it comes to Cody, he's been one step forward and two steps back for years now.

I cant help feeling too with several wrestlers - Ziggler, Cody and Barrett in particular - if you gave them an actual sustained push greater than a month they'd thrive and be main-eventers no doubt.

And I think the Shield booking proves that - Rollins, Ambrose and Reigns have been given good booking and so looked like stars and main-eventers as a result. Ziggler, Cody and Barrett are at a similar level to the Shield in ability if you ask me so give them good booking and I'd guarantee they'd do well too. Given the reactions at times that Cody and Ziggler in particular have got with on-the-whole pretty shoddy booking imagine what how over they'd be like with consistent good booking.
    The Shield are bloody fantastic I must be clear and I'm a huge fan - but I do sometimes wish some other rising superstars got a similar effort in terms of booking as The Shield have got.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I just put it out there that I personally despise the NFL and The Big Bang Theory.
  • AJ WheelsAJ Wheels Posts: 2,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also do not like the big bang theory
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm indifferent to The Big Bang Theory, rather like I was for Alberto Del Rio's matches.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm indifferent to The Big Bang Theory, rather like I was for Alberto Del Rio's matches.:D

Speaking of US TV shows, Two and a Half Man for me is the TV equivalent of the Sheamus v Del Rio feud. Badly acted, irritating and I'd rather not watch it. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BFGArmy wrote: »
    Speaking of US TV shows, Two and a Half Man for me is the TV equivalent of the Sheamus v Del Rio feud. Badly acted, irritating and I'd rather not watch it. :D

Did it have as many episodes as Sheamus v Del Rio had matches?:D

Some exciting news for everyone.:D

http://www.givemesport.com/514363-wwe-curtis-axel-and-ryback-set-for-wrestling-return
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://www.givemesport.com/514363-wwe-curtis-axel-and-ryback-set-for-wrestling-return

NOOOOOOO!!! >:(
    For all the complaints that the Usos v Gold and Stardust (you all love the name I know) rather that match again and again than seeing Rybaxel.

Also, some important WWE research I thought needed shared with the group... :D
    http://www.kayfabenews.com/study-reveals-majority-rkos-come-outta-somewhere/

And some surprise features in the new WWE 2K15 game... :D
    http://www.kayfabenews.com/lesnar-playable-character-wwe-2k15-six-times-per-year/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I didn't even notice they were gone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't even notice they were gone.

You must have been distracted by all the Wyatt family promos.:D
    And some surprise features in the new WWE 2K15 game... :D
    http://www.kayfabenews.com/lesnar-playable-character-wwe-2k15-six-times-per-year/

I'm not buying that game now.>:(:D

http://www.kayfabenews.com/wwe-2k15-roster-unveiled-mordecai-snubbed/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You must have been distracted by all the Wyatt family promos.:D

I'm not buying that game now.>:(:D

http://www.kayfabenews.com/wwe-2k15-roster-unveiled-mordecai-snubbed/

It's as if they're throwing money down the toilet not having him on. Still at least they'll have the Boogeyman and Sylvan 'Ambassador Of Quebec' on. Right? Right?! :D

I thought Mordecai was actually a pretty decent idea for a character - a sort of Anti-Taker.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's as if they're throwing money down the toilet not having him on. Still at least they'll have the Boogeyman and Sylvan 'Ambassador Of Quebec' on. Right? Right?! :D

Sadly not.>:(

WWE needs more of this in WWE2K15.:D

http://youtu.be/7ISMl3du89A
  • Sinister2010Sinister2010 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    Sadly not.>:(

WWE needs more of this in WWE2K15.:D

http://youtu.be/7ISMl3du89A

But you do get to play as Deuce and Domino in the game right:D?
    Forum Member
    Can I just put it out there that I personally despise the NFL and The Big Bang Theory.

I also cant stand Big Bang Theory I cant stand American sitcoms I only like The Simpsons (classic episodes) and South Park.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But you do get to play as Deuce and Domino in the game right:D?

Only in the limited edition version on sale on the other side of the tracks.:D
    Forum Member

Also I hear rumours that in the game you get to play as the forum favourites the Mean Street Posse please tell me thats true:D?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've hit the jackpot then. :D

I hear you get a free Jillian Hall album with bonus 3MB song if you Tout your thoughts on the game too. :D
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I reckon the wwe is just like the walking dead! 😇 ... Exactly the same shit every week repeated! 😉
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've hit the jackpot then. :D

I hear you get a free Jillian Hall album with bonus 3MB song if you Tout your thoughts on the game too. :D

Only if you subscribe to the WWE Network for just $9.99 (with 6 month commitment):D
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    I reckon the wwe is just like the walking dead! 😇 ... Exactly the same shit every week repeated! 😉

The Walking Dead doesn't have zombie Paige.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o:o:o I'm watching TNA & BrodusClay has just turned up! :D ... which NXT star will appear next? :o:o:o: ... atleast he's getting another chance I suppose! :cool:
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone seen last night's NXT? Bayley is turning into the new Sting!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I speak for everyone - when I say WWE please have Ambrose v Rollins main-event HIAC!

There's no reason for that not to happen, it'd actually advance the Orton v Rollins storyline (have the Authority try to contain the anger of whoever doesn't main-eventer), the vast majority of viewers have made it clear they want it to main-event HIAC, it'll most likely be the show-stealer and it sends out a really bad signal if they don't do so about whether WWE value the new emerging talent.

But mostly for goodness sake even though I agree with most of it I don't want to hear any more complaining about Orton v Cena possibly main-eventing.
    If I hear too many more people complaining I'll want it to main-event.

And worst of all the result if Orton v Cena main-evented. would be Orton and Cena being treated like they are the worst thing ever to happen to wrestling - which is a total overreaction and acting as if it's their fault and not WWE's - simply because WWE are too stubborn to not have them main-event one PPV.

When that match-up is made all sense of perspective seems to go with some people and the way some people talk about Orton v Cena you'd think it were the sodding Hoda segment from a few weeks ago and done to torture the fans - and not that it's a match that'll actually almost certainly be good (plus with the stipulation and an Orton face turn seemingly imminent could be quite interesting).

People aren't likely to give that match a chance anyway and they'll give it no chance at all if it main-events.
    Not saying Cena v Orton is a fresh match-up or the most interesting match-up ever or that I even disagree with the criticism WWE would get if Rollins v Ambrose doesn't main-event.

But if people/somebody keeps incessantly giving their opinion you sort of get irritated and sort of start to take the opposite view. Though I realise that applies to a lot of my posts I guess. :D
    And I realise how ironic me complaining about the complaining is.
    Forum Member
    I think I speak for everyone - when I say WWE please have Ambrose v Rollins main-event HIAC!

There's no reason for that not to happen, it'd actually advance the Orton v Rollins storyline (have the Authority try to contain the anger of whoever doesn't main-eventer), the vast majority of viewers have made it clear they want it to main-event HIAC, it'll most likely be the show-stealer and it sends out a really bad signal if they don't do so about whether WWE value the new emerging talent.

But mostly for goodness sake even though I agree with most of it I don't want to hear any more complaining about Orton v Cena possibly main-eventing.
    If I hear too many more people complaining I'll want it to main-event.

And worst of all the result if Orton v Cena main-evented. would be Orton and Cena being treated like they are the worst thing ever to happen to wrestling - which is a total overreaction and acting as if it's their fault and not WWE's - simply because WWE are too stubborn to not have them main-event one PPV.

When that match-up is made all sense of perspective seems to go with some people and the way some people talk about Orton v Cena you'd think it were the sodding Hoda segment from a few weeks ago and done to torture the fans - and not that it's a match that'll actually almost certainly be good (plus with the stipulation and an Orton face turn seemingly imminent could be quite interesting).

People aren't likely to give that match a chance anyway and they'll give it no chance at all if it main-events.
    Not saying Cena v Orton is a fresh match-up or the most interesting match-up ever or that I even disagree with the criticism WWE would get if Rollins v Ambrose doesn't main-event.

But if people/somebody keeps incessantly giving their opinion you sort of get irritated and sort of start to take the opposite view. Though I realise that applies to a lot of my posts I guess. :D
    And I realise how ironic me complaining about the complaining is.

All I can say is I agree although saying that Ambrose/Rolllins deserves to main event HIAC cause it is a feud that has brewing for months compared to Cena/Orton who have just resumed there feud for the sake of it but if it does main event which I think it will then like you said its not there fault.
  • DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    As of Monday, The main event of HITC had not been decided according to Meltzer on WOR.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DejaVoodoo wrote: »
    As of Monday, The main event of HITC had not been decided according to Meltzer on WOR.

I'm not really bothered cause neither are *must see* :( ... HIAC is nothing but a glorified RAW! ... Pity we couldn't go back to having just afew PPVs per year namely royal rumble, wrestlemania, summer slam & survivor series like in the good old days! :cool:
This discussion has been closed.