Options

Can I return this game to game?

steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
Forum Member
Just received second son collectors edition, I opened the seal on the exterior box, but the game is still sealed.
My brother has already bought it so I'd like to return to game - do u think I can get a full refund? They say u can't if the seal is broken - but it's only for the exterior (badges and bottle opener tat). The game itself is fully sealed up!

Comments

• Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveOooo wrote: »
    Just received second son collectors edition, I opened the seal on the exterior box, but the game is still sealed.
    My brother has already bought it so I'd like to return to game - do u think I can get a full refund? They say u can't if the seal is broken - but it's only for the exterior (badges and bottle opener tat). The game itself is fully sealed up!

i would expect an argument being honest...

as the outer seal is broken
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I bought it online via game.co.uk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought it online via game.co.uk

then im sure the shop will just point you in the direction of the website, they claim to be "seperate"

good luck
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The game itself isn't open and as long as everything is in the box then its technically in its original condition so you should have the 28 days you have to return any product you no longer want

Only problem maybe if there was a DLC code in the outer box that you opened if there was, even they you haven't opened the game, Game wouldn't be able to tell if you have used it or not

(believe me i've seen similar situations in Game where someone has bought a second copy just for the online pass and then got pissed off when game explained it counts as used because they can't be 100% whether it works when selling it on)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I bought uncharted 2 with spech DL content - the code didnt work and sent it back and they sent a sealed version back - think the original was not sealed.

Yeah I think the DL content is in the game - though, have to remeber how to get all the tat back in the box!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought uncharted 2 with spech DL content - the code didnt work and sent it back and they sent a sealed version back - think the original was not sealed.

Yeah I think the DL content is in the game - though, have to remeber how to get all the tat back in the box!

Game can be funny over things like that, you should have kept the outer box sealed m8
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its probably more the bought online they won't accept. We bought fif14 online game for ps3 just before xmas. Ps3 broke abd we bought a ps4. Took the sealed fifa 14 in and explained but would still only take as a used trade in. We were in a hurry at the time for ps4 version so still traded it but I burst all the seal and took the codes for packs out it in front of them so they couldn't sell it as new.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No I mean, post it back to game online for a refund - game is sealed, exterior box is not
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to their own website http://www.game.co.uk/en/info/Returns-Refunds?storeId=10151&identifier=Returns-Refunds&brdcrmb_trail=Help|Contact-Us&langId=44&catalogId=10201&cm_sp=footer-_-customersServices-_-returnsRefunds

Returning an item bought Online to a GAME Store

You can return goods bought online to your nearest