Options

Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    Surely now, with a 12th No. 1 album and 30 years in the business she is due some sort of recognition/tribute at next years Brits and I don't mean the international female award.

A huge tribute is well deserved and well overdue!
  • Options
    BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Surely now, with a 12th No. 1 album and 30 years in the business she is due some sort of recognition/tribute at next years Brits and I don't mean the international female award.

Have the Brits given a special award to an international act before? My memory is a sieve haha!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Have the Brits given a special award to an international act before? My memory is a sieve haha!

Think Jacko got a special award a few years back
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Definitely...and 56,000 aint "bad" i mean it could have done so much more....but considering this is mainly fanbase alone...amazin!

Besides it is a great album IMO and thats what matters, and she has the accolade too so WAHOO!

And the question is would Madonna accept it?? I mean she has turned down the Walk Of Fame Star three times when she has been asked across her career...that third time she said she will when she wants to or something, I dunno. And she denied doing the Super Bowl twice before this year....thank the lawwd she finally did it :cool:

But at The Brits next year it would be fantastic...30 years since Holiday was released in the UK it will be by then! And the publicity would be incredible too! She can do a massive medley too...I mean imagine Orbit, Price et al on stage with her and Monte Pittman doing acoustics and mixes of her hits for an epic show finale! Would be brilliant.

She doesnt need a "best international female" nomination...but an accolade like that too YEAH!

Rant over :D...but i definitely think it would be immense UK publicity...and also if she does more shows in 2013 (which i am thinking she will) it will be fantastic publicity too.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely...and 56,000 aint "bad" i mean it could have done so much more....but considering this is mainly fanbase alone...amazin!

Besides it is a great album IMO and thats what matters, and she has the accolade too so WAHOO!

And the question is would Madonna accept it?? I mean she has turned down the Walk Of Fame Star three times when she has been asked across her career...that third time she said she will when she wants to or something, I dunno. And she denied doing the Super Bowl twice before this year....thank the lawwd she finally did it :cool:

But at The Brits next year it would be fantastic...30 years since Holiday was released in the UK it will be by then! And the publicity would be incredible too! She can do a massive medley too...I mean imagine Orbit, Price et al on stage with her and Monte Pittman doing acoustics and mixes of her hits for an epic show finale! Would be brilliant.

She doesnt need a "best international female" nomination...but an accolade like that too YEAH!

Rant over :D...but i definitely think it would be immense UK publicity...and also if she does more shows in 2013 (which i am thinking she will) it will be fantastic publicity too.

I think it depends on whether she shows up and performs Kate Bush has been offered and denied on the grounds she would not perform.

And Sadly whilst Madonna is loved and revered one big sticking point (well petite) Kylie Minogue :D who i would say is far more likely to get it before Madonna just as she is to all intense and purposes the nations sweetheart and near enough everyone adores her (and she is slightly in a round about way British Shes lived her 20 odd years etc) but i just hope Madonna is recognised i mean Robbie Williams (he the glorified pub singer) has got one so yeah :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    I think it depends on whether she shows up and performs Kate Bush has been offered and denied on the grounds she would not perform.

And Sadly whilst Madonna is loved and revered one big sticking point (well petite) Kylie Minogue :D who i would say is far more likely to get it before Madonna just as she is to all intense and purposes the nations sweetheart and near enough everyone adores her (and she is slightly in a round about way British Shes lived her 20 odd years etc) but i just hope Madonna is recognised i mean Robbie Williams (he the glorified pub singer) has got one so yeah :p

True poor Kate :(

Well bloody Minogue is presenting an award every year :p course she wants it first...nothing to do with "nations sweetheart" nonsense. If that was true Cheryl Cole will be having hers next year too :rolleyes::D

Madonna very much is a global icon and music legend....she should be recognised and accepting of all the accolades possible as she has earnt them all. But again she ehrself would question it too really "do i deserve it, how did i earn it??"

From a promotional POV, reconnecting with the British Public POV and MDNA Promo POV it will definitely work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True poor Kate :(

Well bloody Minogue is presenting an award every year :p course she wants it first...nothing to do with "nations sweetheart" nonsense. If that was true Cheryl Cole will be having hers next year too :rolleyes::D

Madonna very much is a global icon and music legend....she should be recognised and accepting of all the accolades possible as she has earnt them all. But again she ehrself would question it too really "do i deserve it, how did i earn it??"

From a promotional POV, reconnecting with the British Public POV and MDNA Promo POV it will definitely work.

m inclined to agree but all she gotta do is a five minute medley just do it but i dont think she be bothered shes happy on her island in Devon (just realised thats one county over from you damn you JP :D)

And haha that is true but Cheryl ''got on her knees for cowell and is thus famous'' cole should mot be uttered in the same sentence as Miss. Minogue blasphemy :D she has deserved it to though you cannot deny i just think as 25 years for her aswell if i had to place a bet due to her links and standing Minogue would win outright or could be a double award with a duet perhaps.

And Madonna need not try in time if not soon she will get it (unless people from non commonwealth lands are disqualified)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    m inclined to agree but all she gotta do is a five minute medley just do it but i dont think she be bothered shes happy on her island in Devon (just realised thats one county over from you damn you JP :D)

And haha that is true but Cheryl ''got on her knees for cowell and is thus famous'' cole should mot be uttered in the same sentence as Miss. Minogue blasphemy :D she has deserved it to though you cannot deny i just think as 25 years for her aswell if i had to place a bet due to her links and standing Minogue would win outright or could be a double award with a duet perhaps.

And Madonna need not try in time if not soon she will get it (unless people from non commonwealth lands are disqualified)

Oh yeah so she is :D....what can i say ;)

Well 25 years of a career is an achievement definitely...but it doesnt really make sense...nevermind....but then again i am more "casual fan" tbh.

And Madonna will always find a way ;) Personally i want her to do another massive headliner performance! I mean she showed everyone what she could do in 12 mins you know...imagine a scaled 90 min set at glasto! :eek::cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well 25 years of a career is an achievement definitely...but it doesnt really make sense...nevermind....but then again i am more "casual fan" tbh.

And Madonna will always find a way ;) Personally i want her to do another massive headliner performance! I mean she showed everyone what she could do in 12 mins you know...imagine a scaled 90 min set at glasto! :eek::cool:

Madonna at Glasto is a must! It would be brilliant. For album 13 she should hold off the tour for a little bit so she can physically promote and do big sets like radio 1 big weekend etc.

If M is on the tightrope for falling free then it would be stunning :eek:

Exciting times! I can't wait to be blaring MDNA and Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded and the Azealia Banks songs so far along with Born to Die and 4 on my flight to Croatia tomorrow! Should be a fun week with some of the industry's finest keeping me entertained!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MCA1992 wrote: »
    Madonna at Glasto is a must! It would be brilliant. For album 13 she should hold off the tour for a little bit so she can physically promote and do big sets like radio 1 big weekend etc.

If M is on the tightrope for falling free then it would be stunning :eek:

Exciting times! I can't wait to be blaring MDNA and Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded and the Azealia Banks songs so far along with Born to Die and 4 on my flight to Croatia tomorrow! Should be a fun week with some of the industry's finest keeping me entertained!

Yeah definitely! I reckon if she continues the harsher sides of Dance/mixes it up a lot for album 13 (please dont be 4 year wait M!) glasto and Big Weekend Again would be such an impressive feat for promo and launching! ANd totally take the year to promote the album much more and showcase what it can do and what she can do with it too...i.e tease out the lead single, tease out the follow up and then tease out the album....Summer 2014 :cool: It would be something else...and do radio festivals Stateside too and venture other territories etc. Would be amazing.

I reckon it may be a plan perhaps with MDNA like a relaunch, new brands, new label, this is the music, my tour will do the talking, proving a point phase really. And i effing love that :cool:

Ah wow Croatia! That will be immense...i think you mean The Industries FInest...and a few others ;) hehe! But yeah built a great playlist there :cool:

And Falling Free on a tightrope would be something else! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is why they need a ferry in the Bristol Channel :D

And yes but factor in Charlene and Scott, PWL, Career dive, Comeback, Showgirl, Cancer, Comeback it is to all intents and purposes an Aussie soap= Kylie is the queen of British pop and it is the Brits not that i prefer her i like them on par (well kylie a tad more) but i just think thats how it would go down.

Yeah last tie she did that was Live Earth :eek: she needs Glasto next year its a must must must shame Radio 1 didn't nab her for their big weekend
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is why they need a ferry in the Bristol Channel :D

And yes but factor in Charlene and Scott, PWL, Career dive, Comeback, Showgirl, Cancer, Comeback it is to all intents and purposes an Aussie soap= Kylie is the queen of British pop and it is the Brits not that i prefer her i like them on par (well kylie a tad more) but i just think thats how it would go down.

Yeah last tie she did that was Live Earth :eek: she needs Glasto next year its a must must must shame Radio 1 didn't nab her for their big weekend

Totally...nah means nothin to me...and Kate Bush is the Queen Of British Pop...Kylie aint a Queen :p and only a bit British lol.

Ah at the end of the day...anything will be better than poor Blur :(

But Madonna would put on a massive showcase of a spectacle :cool: Tbh i would rather her just perform all the time tbh...have a break for nominations and M back on again :cool:

Yeah....sod their Kackney Weekend :mad: Only Rihanna i care about tbh dunno who else is there
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah definitely! I reckon if she continues the harsher sides of Dance/mixes it up a lot for album 13 (please dont be 4 year wait M!) glasto and Big Weekend Again would be such an impressive feat for promo and launching! ANd totally take the year to promote the album much more and showcase what it can do and what she can do with it too...i.e tease out the lead single, tease out the follow up and then tease out the album....Summer 2014 :cool: It would be something else...and do radio festivals Stateside too and venture other territories etc. Would be amazing.

I reckon it may be a plan perhaps with MDNA like a relaunch, new brands, new label, this is the music, my tour will do the talking, proving a point phase really. And i effing love that :cool:

Ah wow Croatia! That will be immense...i think you mean The Industries FInest...and a few others ;) hehe! But yeah built a great playlist there :cool:

And Falling Free on a tightrope would be something else! :eek:

The MDNA relaunch has shown that launching from a major platform definitely works. I see Britney and Beyoncé both having similar starts to their campaigns and to an extent, I suppose Beyoncé did with the Billboard Awards and the Grammy's, but yes big scales launches, headlining the biggest concerts like Glasto and summer concert series etc the works! Rihanna too could possibly do something on this scale for album 7.

I agree, Madonna needs to keep exploring the intense side of dance music, the dramatic side. I don't think we will wait another 4 years for M's new record, as long as she doesn't have any cravings for making any films for the foreseeable, I think she'd do 2 years and then an album, anything less is very unlikely for Madonna.

Croatia will be fun! I might sneak Femme Fatale and Aphrodite into the playlist if the weather is nice and summery as both records are great for summer.

Ballads on tightropes...only M! It would be the most epic thing ever! If Gang Bang doesn't happen, Quentin could co-direct a world tour! Intense over the top action and controversy from the off! Wow. But Gang Bang will happen! It must!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally...nah means nothin to me...and Kate Bush is the Queen Of British Pop...Kylie aint a Queen :p and only a bit British lol.

Ah at the end of the day...anything will be better than poor Blur :(

But Madonna would put on a massive showcase of a spectacle :cool: Tbh i would rather her just perform all the time tbh...have a break for nominations and M back on again :cool:

Yeah....sod their Kackney Weekend :mad: Only Rihanna i care about tbh dunno who else is there

Look at it how you see and love Madonna there's your answer ;) and Kate is Queen in general even if she is not seen so much :p

She needs to be there definitely do something controversial Gang Bang or something and shake it up good.

Yeah and i didnt bother for tickets this year have tried and failed before and this year needed to upload a photo etc was like sod that for a weekend in Hackney :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MCA1992 wrote: »
    The MDNA relaunch has shown that launching from a major platform definitely works. I see Britney and Beyoncé both having similar starts to their campaigns and to an extent, I suppose Beyoncé did with the Billboard Awards and the Grammy's, but yes big scales launches, headlining the biggest concerts like Glasto and summer concert series etc the works! Rihanna too could possibly do something on this scale for album 7.

I agree, Madonna needs to keep exploring the intense side of dance music, the dramatic side. I don't think we will wait another 4 years for M's new record, as long as she doesn't have any cravings for making any films for the foreseeable, I think she'd do 2 years and then an album, anything less is very unlikely for Madonna.

Croatia will be fun! I might sneak Femme Fatale and Aphrodite into the playlist if the weather is nice and summery as both records are great for summer.

Ballads on tightropes...only M! It would be the most epic thing ever! If Gang Bang doesn't happen, Quentin could co-direct a world tour! Intense over the top action and controversy from the off! Wow. But Gang Bang will happen! It must!

They way MDNA is being marketed is definitely the way forward for Beyonce, Britney and the like i think really.

I mean not totally as neither are in Madonnas calibre...but they are turnin more into a status in their own rights so yeah they hinted at that with 4 and Femme Fatale last year.

Yeah i think you should sneak those in too Aphrodite, Fleshtone, ArchAndroid and Body Talk remind me of summer 2010 :D and Femme Fatale, 4, Pala, Torches of summer 2011.

This year MDNA, Pink Friday Roman Reloaded, Miike Snow seem set thus far :cool:

ANd totally :cool: gang bang MUST happen!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look at it how you see and love Madonna there's your answer ;) and Kate is Queen in general even if she is not seen so much :p

She needs to be there definitely do something controversial Gang Bang or something and shake it up good.

Yeah and i didnt bother for tickets this year have tried and failed before and this year needed to upload a photo etc was like sod that for a weekend in Hackney :D

I had no idea you felt about Kylie that way :eek: I was misjudging it all on my part :eek:

The way they are advertising it...im like....Rihanna is the only one i know of :confused: and thats only because the past week it was announced....do you know who else is there...Jay Z i heard actually....meh :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had no idea you felt about Kylie that way :eek: I was misjudging it all on my part :eek:

The way they are advertising it...im like....Rihanna is the only one i know of :confused: and thats only because the past week it was announced....do you know who else is there...Jay Z i heard actually....meh :o:D

Not me necessarily but certain quarters of the British music industry and the public its surprising isn't it you would never think of Km like that :) you have to remember she was watched by 30 million people whilst in neighbors alone so stems from there.

And don't even go there the thing is if you live nearer the loacation your more likely to be picked thats me screwed plus two tickets PP id have to ditch friends never a good move.

And it is :
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/hackneyweekend/2012/lineup/by-day/

Okay so Flo, Lana, Azealia, Rihanna, about all i can stomach there
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    M is 5th on the midweeks with 6,000 sales so far
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TH14 wrote: »
    M is 5th on the midweeks with 6,000 sales so far

I can see her selling 10,000 approx by weeks end so hopefully MDNA remains top 5 still :)

And looks at this

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/530791_350363198332666_115042988531356_882301_1590938121_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/398213_350369768332009_115042988531356_882307_931369838_n.jpg

Rocco is really developing Madonna features nawww :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not me necessarily but certain quarters of the British music industry and the public its surprising isn't it you would never think of Km like that :) you have to remember she was watched by 30 million people whilst in neighbors alone so stems from there.

And don't even go there the thing is if you live nearer the loacation your more likely to be picked thats me screwed plus two tickets PP id have to ditch friends never a good move.

And it is :
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/hackneyweekend/2012/lineup/by-day/

Okay so Flo, Lana, Azealia, Rihanna, about all i can stomach there

It is strange what you forget really. I suppose the loyalty of Kylie here is like the loyalty of Britney Stateside really.

It does pee me off when certain sections of their fanbases dont like other female artists...its all about lack of respect i mean i love Britney to death and like Kylie too it just aggrivates me a bit really. :(

And yay Lana and Azealia are there too! And THE WELCH!! :eek: Okay thats a bit better than i thought but still....where are the legends??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see her selling 10,000 approx by weeks end so hopefully MDNA remains top 5 still :)

And looks at this

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/530791_350363198332666_115042988531356_882301_1590938121_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/398213_350369768332009_115042988531356_882307_931369838_n.jpg

Rocco is really developing Madonna features nawww :)

I think he's the spitting image of his dad. He was the cutest kid ever in IGTTYAS. David has really grown up and looks a lot different now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TH14 wrote: »
    I think he's the spitting image of his dad. He was the cutest kid ever in IGTTYAS. David has really grown up and looks a lot different now

He has got a real blend of everything in his genes :). And yeah i know they are growing up so faaast!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Madonna on Twitter tonight or tomorrow night i am confused with the time lapse etc :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lourdes goes to a famous stage school in NYC and has a good voice and I'm pretty sure she will go into the entertainment biz. She's done the material girl line so is used to it all now. M will give her loads of guidance as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Madonna on Twitter tonight or tomorrow night i am confused with the time lapse etc :D

It's April 4th so it'll be about 4am April 5th for us
This discussion has been closed.