DVD Mega changers in the UK

cjgperscjgpers Posts: 1,768
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone know if something like the Sony DVP-CX875P is available in the UK? I think Pioneer have something similar, but again apparently not in the UK. Would really like a DVD player that can hold 300 DVDs in a carousel/multi-changer, but can only find them in the US.

Comments

• cjgperscjgpers Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got the following email back from Sony:
    This DVP-CX875P is not available in the United Kingdom due to a marketing decision not to release it for the British market. Each Sony Marketing Company decides in advance which products they will sell, based on local market trends. While I am unable to give more specific information concerning why this DVP-CX875P has not been included in our product range, I have noted your interest and fed back your comments to our Marketing Department, for their information.
  • dodgygeezadodgygeeza Posts: 6,350
    Forum Member
    Can you not import one, or would the shipping costs be too high? I expect the only extra bit of hardware you'd need to get a US model up and running in the UK would be a step-down transformer for the power supply.
  • cjgperscjgpers Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by dodgygeeza
    Can you not import one, or would the shipping costs be too high? I expect the only extra bit of hardware you'd need to get a US model up and running in the UK would be a step-down transformer for the power supply.
    And convert to PAL and Region 2. Not sure that's practical, but thanks for the suggestion.