Paranormal Activity 2

Comments

• caz06caz06 Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    saw this today and didn't think its was any better or worse than the first just on par with it, if theirs one negative thing i have to say
    that i feel they should have left the reason about the first male being the sacrifice for making a deal with the devil as it could of left the question for why katie took hunter at the end of the film for a possible 3rd film

:)
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xx~KC~xx wrote: »
    wow, you're real tough ;)

I wish people would start to actually explain what they didn't like about a film or why they didn't do a certain thing whilst watching it (jump, laugh, be on the edge of their seat).

So here's the question, why didn't you jump? Did you feel the scares coming before they did? Could you not get into the feel of the film to let it draw you into the world?

Am I asking too much for some forum members to give actual reasons rather than five word answers :(

I saw the things were to make you jump coming.
  • themcqthemcq Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    Went to see it this afternoon and really enjoyed. thought it would be good building up to the release but got a bit jittery in the last few days, i'm glad my initial feeling was right.

I certainly jumped at the same part that everyone else jumped at. I don't know if it will work the same at home as it does at the cinema.

I can only imagine that the majority of people who didn't like it also didn't like the 1st one, and after seeing the trailers, i don't know what they were expecting and some others seem intent on telling the world that nothing scares them.

It does what it says on the tin, no more, no less and that was good enough for me.
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Saw it and loved it better then the first

Still funny but more scarier and actually made me jump about 4 times. The cinema was packed. Full of students such as myself. I have never in my life ever had to line up to wait to get into a movie. I mean i got my tickets hours in advance but to actually go in and see the movie, there was a huge line coming out to where you buy the food.
  • billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    I just don't find things like this scary its cheap jumps its not horror its just things jumping around etc. I like more story based psychological horrors not these stupid non story horror films.
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was terrible. I didn't like the first so I don't know why I expected to like this one.

I jumped twice, but other than that - I found it very dull and tedious.

The first was definitely creepier.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    i watched it friday, there was a massive que but i was at the front it was suppose to start at 11.50pm but we didnt get in till 12.30 :eek:

i would say this made me so scared i was covering my eyes :o
    The bits that scared me was EACH night the one where shes in the kitchen and the cupboards SLAM open Everyone in the Cinema Screamed :D, i found it so scary when the woman became possessed and she was just dead in eyes and then when the girl finds her in the babies room one sec shes there the next shes gone i was crapping it lol.

i also think its good how they tied the 1st one on causei thought it was a whole new story but it was Katys sister, and the way she snaps the guys neck :eek: i think and HOPE there is a 3rd on on the way.

imo i give it 7.5/10.
  • MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Good for you:rolleyes:

Let me guess, you're one of those people who actually tries to not let themselves get drawn into a horror movie for fear of looking like a wuss if it makes you jump?

A film has to work to draw you in. This is a predictable, hackneyed cash-in.

Mark Kermode's review was quite correct.
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it, I thought it was as good as the first. It is very much like the first movie in pace and setting but why fix something that wasn't broke.

In one particular unexpected kitchen scene, I don't think i've seen everybody collectively jump in the cinema before.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed it, I thought it was as good as the first. It is very much like the first movie in pace and setting but why fix something that wasn't broke.

In one particular unexpected kitchen scene, I don't think i've seen everybody collectively jump in the cinema before.

you got that right :D the guy next to me dropped his popcorn :D
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    just seen it i didtlike it i find these movies very annoying there just not for me i guess.

but being a horror buff i just have to see every horror

i did jump at the cabinet kitchens bit but i didt find the movie at all scary ill sleep just fine.

i found it anoying haveing to see every single camera angle over and over again every 5 or so mintues.

the 1st was ok doing that beause well its the 1st we dont fully know what to expect

but with this i did so it anoyed me alot more
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there two versions of this?
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    eduble wrote: »

no well not that i know off

why you ask that you seen anything
  • x_malibubabex_malibubabe Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eduble wrote: »

I wondered this myself, as I've seen the extended trailer and alot of the bits in it aren't in the actual film.
    There is a scene where Hunter is crawling outside in the middle of the road.
    Another where Ali is watching TV and Katie is just standing behind her.
    Another where Katie is just standing in the doorway to the en suite in Hunters room.

Me and my friends watched the first one pirate on a laptop and laughed all the way through it, even though we'd been told by even men that it was the sh*t scariest film they'd ever seen. We just put it down to it being alot scarier in the cinema.

Saw PA2 the other day in the cinema and again, laughed. It's far from scary, it's just stupid in parts and alot of the people in the cinema were laughing again also.

It did however, leave you on edge in many parts. I particularly liked the ending when
    the screen goes black for about 5 minutes and you're just waiting and waiting for something to jump out, and then the credits roll

I liked the story to this but still don't get how it's meant to be one of the scariest films ever, it's a bit jumpy and that's it. I didn't know before I saw it that it was a prequel to the first one but would like to know
    Where Katie and Hunter were in the first one, or is the original one meant to happen somewhere in the middle of PA2? :confused:

I'd give it 8/10 for story, 5/10 for scaryness and I am one easily creeped out by such things.

IMHO, these films would be amazing in 3D as they're soooo jumpy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    no well not that i know off

why you ask that you seen anything

I watched Paranormal Entity and thought it was paranormal activity 2.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Where Katie and Hunter were in the first one, or is the original one meant to happen somewhere in the middle of PA2? :confused:
    PA2 takes place before PA1. At the end when the dad burns the picture of Katie, that is where PA1 would begin. PA2 then jumps forward to the end of PA1 and picks up after Micah's death with the now possessed Katie gong to get Hunter.

Also, just seen on Box Office Mojo that it's taken an estimated $41 Million at the US box office this weekend on a budget of $3 Million. I'd say that Paramount will definitely want to release a new one of these every year with returns like that. They're laughing all the way to the bank!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to see this today with my mate, who nearly shit himself at some scenes:D
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Japanese have done there own sequel - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hURDigyUF8s
  • michelle666michelle666 Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to watch it tomorrow. I'm a complete wuss when it comes to films like this, I slept with my lights on for weeks (seriously) after watching the first one. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was amazing, much better than the first one. The thing that scared me in the first one was her standing over Micah sleeping, and there was nothing in this one that creeped me out that much. But I jumped alot more and found myself hiding behind my hands most of the time hahaha.

Tempted to go and see it again tbh. 7/10 for me
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Paranormal Activity 2 movie was a another comedy sequel of the previous comedy plus horror movie. It was even more than that. Just wasted time on this one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a good film and i thought the story being tied in with the 1st was clever.
    I did like it when hunter was let out his bed to explore, cute little kid.

These kinda films are so much better in the cinema, i love the atmosphere it gives off, the quiet tense moments and then the shock and the whispers after somethings happened, it actually makes the film. First time ive been to a horror movie and actually heard people scream.
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't think this film was as good as the first. The 'scary' scenes were more FUNNY than scary, I thought! The whole cinema was cracked up when:
    Hunter was asleep & was being pulled by the invisible demon up the side of the cot! :D

Other than this, I thought it was quite disappointing; though I think I am comparing it too much to the first (which I absolutely loved/scared me so much!!!) My friend rated it 4/10, and I'll give it 6.5/10. Not bad, but not as good as the first!
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Ataraxia wrote: »
    It was a good film and i thought the story being tied in with the 1st was clever.
    I did like it when hunter was let out his bed to explore, cute little kid.

These kinda films are so much better in the cinema, i love the atmosphere it gives off, the quiet tense moments and then the shock and the whispers after somethings happened, it actually makes the film. First time ive been to a horror movie and actually heard people scream.

I agree about it being tied with the first

Because when two certain characters appeared, the audience were like "um, why r they there"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes i went the cinema to watch it, was packed. i think it was twice as good as the first one to be honest. maybe a part of that is because i was at the cinema watching it unlike the 1st being at home. but oh well i have done a 'like' thing on Facebook for the 3rd if you like it!
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Paranormal-Activity-3-Please/140361789345545