Options

Sky Premiere HD +1

arrasarras Posts: 407
Forum Member
Do you think Sky should launch Sky Premiere HD +1 or replace it with a new Movie channel?

Comments

• Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The films are repeated so much that I do not think we need a plus 1. I consider there are also enough movie channels now. Be better to spend the bandwidth improving the HD quality of what they already have.
  • Options
    Dave48Dave48 Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    As said the movies are repeated all week and most can also be found on Anytime so better to try and improve the HD quality.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watching in HD will have a box capable of receiving Anytime which contains all of the movies showing that week on Premiere. Complete waste of bandwidth to start up a Premiere+1.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyone watching in HD will have a box capable of receiving Anytime which contains all of the movies showing that week on Premiere. Complete waste of bandwidth to start up a Premiere+1.

There already is a Sky Premiere +1, it's been around for years and it's the only Sky Movies channel not to be in HD
  • Options
    RestorerRestorer Posts: 2,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    arras wrote: »
    There already is a Sky Premiere +1, it's been around for years and it's the only Sky Movies channel not to be in HD

But all the films are sitting there on Anytime waiting for you to watch whenever you want. Why would you want waste bandwidth with an unnecessary channel :confused:.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Restorer wrote: »
    But all the films are sitting there on Anytime waiting for you to watch whenever you want. Why would you want waste bandwidth with an unnecessary channel :confused:.

So why the hell do they still have it?
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So why the hell do they still have it?

Because not everyone knows about or uses Anytime.

Interestingly it's the more upmarket demo that uses it most.

70% of users in Sky HD homes are ABC1s.
  • Options
    RestorerRestorer Posts: 2,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    Interestingly it's the more upmarket demo that uses it most.

Does that surprise you? Higher social grades on the whole have learnt how to optimise their time. VOD and PVR functionality were designed by and for people on the move.

Wayne and Waynetta just plonk themselves down and take what's dished up.

Erm, sorry if that sounds snobbish - can't think of any other to put it :).

That said, there are plenty of As and Bs of my acquaintance who would run a mile from anything that required them to make an effort with anything technological :D.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, my post was a little unclear, I was referring to Premiere+1 HD.

There is a Premiere+1 in SD only, because not everyone has Sky+, and of those that do, not everyone has a Sky+ box that is capable of Anytime.

All HD boxes however, are capable of Anytime, so I can't see there ever being a Premiere+1 HD. Certainly there is no logical reason for there to be.