Options

What will One Direction do now?

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I imagine they'll follow in the footsteps of Eton Road and others like them. They have no lasting appeal whatsoever. I won't even start on the dearth of talent between them.

Facebook and Twitter is where their "fame" will be at.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sleepydove wrote: »
    I went to see One Direction at Campus in Glasgow last night.

My boyfriend and I paid £30 to get in (£35 if you include the postage and extra costs from Ticket Web).

One Direction performed FOUR songs and were on stage for less than 15 minutes. They were on for about 12 minutes if you want to be precise. They walked on, said hi, sang their songs, said goodbye and walked back off looking unimpressed.

There was supposed to be a Meet n Greet for people on the Guest List but One Direction cancelled it at last minute because they said they were too tired.

£30 for a four hour wait to hear four songs (yes, hear, I could barely see them) and on stage for a little over 10 minutes and no meet n greet because the band couldnt be bothered. That is pretty poor.

Are gigs like this everywhere or is it just Campus?

Lucky you! I saw a bunch of videos from that event and the girls were screaming their heads off and the 1D boys looked like they were having the time of their lives. I think I even saw 3 pairs of knickers thrown at Harry at one point. :p

Sorry about the Meet & Greet. Maybe they didn't have enough security to have an organised signing. From what I could tell, the crowd was pretty out of control.

That IS still a lot of money for such a short gig. Then again, I don't see how anyone could think it would be longer at this point. They haven't had tiime to prepare anything beyond the shortened versions of the songs they already performed on the show.

I believe there are several other gigs this week. Another campus event on January 2 and G-A-Y on January 15th.

I think they'll be in America working on their album for most of the month of January.

ETA: Vids from Event

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_QFCRN9Mgk

http://www.youtube.com/user/1directi.../1/gpIUG2A3NXM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bwQRuORiOg

http://www.youtube.com/user/1directi.../0/O62TgpjhXjY

http://www.youtube.com/user/1directi.../0/lol_3u4OUV0

http://www.youtube.com/user/1directi.../0/QFYB0v3r9fo

Wow the screaming!!!!
  • Options
    douknowotimean?douknowotimean? Posts: 1,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing, I hope.

Seriously can they actually do anything? No. They're just a bunch of immature, cocky kids who clearly cannot sing or dance. They're like headless chickens.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was in Debenhams today and 2 kids (prob about aged 14/15) walked past me with sweat shirts on with the words emblazoned on front I love one direction! It did make me smile. I haven't seen any with I love Matt on yet!!
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    I was in Debenhams today and 2 kids (prob about aged 14/15) walked past me with sweat shirts on with the words emblazoned on front I love one direction! It did make me smile. I haven't seen any with I love Matt on yet!!

Probably because Matt's "fans" are a bit older.

I'm surprised I haven't seen Wand Erection merchandise rushed out for Christmas - a calendar at the very least. Wonder if those sweatshirts were "official" or home produced?!
  • Options
    gipsycalistagipsycalista Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    If, as Simon Cowell announced on X Factor they are the best boyband in the country-we would be the laughing stock in America.

They cannot sing in tune. Every song they sung was so out of sync, they even had backing vocals to keep the songs together.

Any group of young lads could have done better.
  • Options
    SCUSASCUSA Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon will probably make sure they are marketed to perfection, they'll have a single out next summer probably, be promoted through X Factor US (knowing they already have a small fanbase there). If they put out the right music, they're a guaranteed success. However, if they're another cheesy boyband or put out Bieber alike music, they're doomed.

very much agree
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would seem that the key to success - bar heart throbs JLS - falls with Simon Cowell, a man renowned for his capriciousness. This year, the media mogul has been generous, giving not one but all three of the programme's finalists recording contracts. Unsurprisingly, preferential treatment has gone to Cowell's own act, the young "bouffant" ruffians One Direction.

In accordance, last night's performance was the latest in a long line of promotional dates designed as warm-ups rather than full-blown gigs.

More
  • Options
    GANA66GANA66 Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not the question what they'll do - Simon will tell them. It's more the question in which direction he'll tell them to go. He should take some advice from Frank Farian, he has great experience with miming groups.:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hahahaha.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GANA66 wrote: »
    It's not the question what they'll do - Simon will tell them. It's mor the question in which direction he'll tell them to go. He should take some advice from Frank Farian, he has great experience with miming groups.

Oh sheesh you are so funny NOT! Not once have they mimed on the show or at the gigs apart from the group performances when all the acts mimed. I just hope they don't follow JLS who apart from the odd occasion have mimed all their gigs since leaving the X Factor!
  • Options
    SweetlikeheavenSweetlikeheaven Posts: 5,035
    Forum Member
    twingle wrote: »
    Oh sheesh you are so funny NOT! Not once have they mimed on the show or at the gigs apart from the group performances when all the acts mimed. I just hope they don't follow JLS who apart from the odd occasion have mimed all their gigs since leaving the X Factor!
    All their gigs ?
    People that say JLS always "mime" are the ones that watch the odd performance here and there.

They are currently on a 40 date sell out arena tour singing live AND dancing to around 20 songs each night

Somehow I can't see One Direction ever getting to the level where they can sell out 40 arenas
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I became a member after seeing this thread as I felt some of the points being made were completely ridiculous. If you looked in to it they're bound to have success, just looking at Twitter followers One Direction already have more followers than the very popular boyband The Wanted. They also did better than JLS consistently on the X Factor never landing in the bottom 2. Throughout my age range (I'm 15) there has been more hysteria caused by One Direction than there was JLS. They're also seen as a lot better looking.
    One other point I'd like to make is the one who would have the most success as a solo artist would be Harry. He is overall liked the most and he has one of the better voices. Everybody I know has said Harry is their favourite and yes, he is the best looking member by far. I’m pretty sure the band will stick together though as they all seem to thoroughly enjoy performing together. (latest gigs)
    I doubt that any member of the group will be dropped as they are known by the fans for different reasons and I can assure everybody there is no way it would be Louis who would be dropped as he’s hilarious. Harry in my eyes has the best voice so he would stay. Liam pulls the whole thing together. Niall’s the cute one that a lot of the much younger fans and even some older ones prefer. He’s also cheeky and fans like that. Then there’s Zayn who’s been posting solo covers on YouTube however I think he knows he wont reach success without the others.